I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Constant 12V not work, clock keep reseting

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ghostkiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Constant 12V not work, clock keep reseting

I just installed a new stereo system. The 12V constant is not working. I changed to use the power from the cigar lighter. But this make my clock reset everytime I turn on the car.
Anybody has suggestion to fix this. Any diagram or method to check where the 12V is not working?
Thanks alot
Old 09-20-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Re: Constant 12V not work, clock keep reseting

It would be nice to know what car I am dealing with.

Honda civic, what? I need to know the year and trim level coupe or sedan.
Old 09-20-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

But without the specifics, I can give you this.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...ard/Honda.html
Old 09-21-2007
Registered!!

Thanks for reply
My car is a Civic 95 DX 1.5 4dr.
Can you plz help me with this.
Old 09-22-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

well, since the cigarette lighter turns off every time the car turns off, that wouldn't be a good choice. if you got a harness with the stereo, then it should have matched up no problem. i think it's either the yellow or red wire. if you didn't get a harness and cut into your factory wires, then you'll need to get a wiring diagram and find which wire is the constant power from your car. go buy a Haynes manual for your car if you don't already have one. they have wire diagrams in the back.
Old 09-24-2007
Registered!!

Thanks for replying. I plugged the power to the 12v constant correctly, because the clock start running when I connect the wire. And the clock is supplied by the 12v constant.
So there must be a problem in wire from 12V to clock. I dont know any fuse or anywhere around to control this 12V constant.
Thanks
Old 09-24-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghostkiller
Thanks for replying. I plugged the power to the 12v constant correctly, because the clock start running when I connect the wire. And the clock is supplied by the 12v constant.
So there must be a problem in wire from 12V to clock. I dont know any fuse or anywhere around to control this 12V constant.
Thanks
Why don't you use a circuit tester to make sure the clock is hooked up to the hot wire?
If you don't have one make your own with a small bulb and two wires.
Old 09-24-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghostkiller
Thanks
there's the memory power and the main power. even if the memory power is not connected, the clock will start when the radio is powered. if there was a problem in the wire to the clock, then i'd say the clock wouldn't work at all. either way, you need to get a meter or something to do some testing with.
Old 09-24-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

What about the station memory presets are they reseting also?
If so your def not wired to the constant hot.
correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-25-2007
Registered!!

Talking Re: Constant 12V not work, clock keep reseting

1995 Honda Civic Stereo Information
Constant 12V+Blue/White (Blue with a White stripe)
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red (Yellow with a Red stripe)
Ground Black
Illumination Red/Black
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) Blue/Green
Left Front (-) Gray/Black
Right Front (+) Red/Green
Right Front (-) Brown/Black
Rear Speakers 5 1/4" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow
Left Rear (-) Gray/White
Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow
Right Rear (-) Brown/White

Last edited by Alpha 5; 09-25-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-25-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light

Constant deck power is ran off a 7.5A fuse under the hood. The fuse is labeled either Back-Up or Fuse# 32. Fusebox appears to be passenger side, rear of the engine bay. This fuse also supplies power to the clock and your Engine Control Module.