Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

totally stock to almost stock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94allstock is an unknown quantity at this point
totally stock to almost stock?

Hi all, I have a '94 DX coupe. My wife got it for h.s. graduation, and I've had it ever since '96 (yes we married young). It is mechanically sound, drives great, excellent mpg (34-41) and is 100% stock. It occurred to me the car is aging though still very reliable it is showing it's age. I'm thinking of just a few changes, body work, paint, new window rubber etc. tinted windows and some wheels. I'm not looking to race it, or make big changes, just make my old daily driver look newer again and a bit sportier than stock. Now the ?s:
1. this car has no power steering, if I go to a wider tire how much harder will it be to steer? Anyone out there done this on a DX with no power steering?

2. I'm thinking 16" X 6.5" wheels or even 15"X6", hoping to improve the looks without sacrificing the ease of steering or the mpgs. Any thoughts? again, not looking to turn it into a tuner or anything, the stock has served me well for 15 years, but the stock steel wheels are showing their age...

3. Can I improve the looks without lowering and coil overs and all of that jazz?

Looking to drive the vehicle for about 3 more years, keep it maintained then give it to my daughter, and I'll purchase an 07 or 08 fit.

my DX has 232k on it, almost everything that has been replace has been replaced with original honda parts, had the entire A/c system replaced this summer so we are good to go for a good while i think.
Thanks y'all!