Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Monroe Struts Good or Bad ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topgeari4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Monroe Struts Good or Bad ?

has anyone used "Monroe" struts before ?
pepboys is charging me around $400 for the front two
just wanted to see if anyone has used these before and how the ride is
thanks alot
Old 02-06-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Monroe Struts Good or Bad ?

hahahah those are your basic trash aftermarket shocks. you can get a FULL SET of tokicoHP performance shocks rated upto 1.5 inch drop for around $350 on ebay and some other places. monroe shocks cant be more than $50-100 a piece max, esp on a civic. the ride is garbage, i used to work for advance and everytime we sold those they would come back and want refund because of how much they suck. you might as well just keep your old blown shock and drive on that.
Old 02-07-2009
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gearbox
hahahah those are your basic trash aftermarket shocks. you can get a FULL SET of tokicoHP performance shocks rated upto 1.5 inch drop for around $350 on ebay and some other places. monroe shocks cant be more than $50-100 a piece max, esp on a civic. the ride is garbage, i used to work for advance and everytime we sold those they would come back and want refund because of how much they suck. you might as well just keep your old blown shock and drive on that.
cosigned
Old 02-08-2009
Registered!!

thanks gearbox
my boss is paying for my front two struts because he backed up into my car and bent it

Last edited by Topgeari4; 02-08-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2009
Registered!!

i found them online
http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn...left-7610.html
http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn...ight-76090html
so like $ 239.05 for both front struts plus installation ( im going to have to ask my mechanic )

would it be fine to use these with the stock springs ? and keeping the stock struts in the back for now ?

thanks alot guys

Last edited by Topgeari4; 02-08-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

tokicos are fine with stock spring yes
Old 02-08-2009
Registered!!

thanks gearbox
i think im going to hold off and wait until the summer and then just change all four struts at one time
also what springs would u recommend with the tokicos ?
Old 02-08-2009
Premium Member

well they handle upto a 1.5 inch drop. i have eibach prokit which is 1 inch drop and i cant imagine going any lower. i think 1 inch is perfect for daily driver. any lower and you start to have problems like not being able to go up driveways and speedbumps.
Old 02-09-2009
Registered!!

thanks alot gearbox
do u think thats a good price $240 for the front two and then like another $60 to have them installed ?
Old 02-09-2009
Premium Member

yup sounds good to me.
Old 02-09-2009
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

thanks gearbox.

Old 02-09-2009
Registered!!

should i get an alignment after having the front struts installed ?
as of right now the alignment is perfect
thanks alot
Old 02-09-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Always get an alignment done when you mess with the suspensions. It may look and feel right, but you wont know until you put it on the machine.