Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clutch Has no Pressure, Sticks to floor

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000bluesiks is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch Has no Pressure, Sticks to floor

Clutch started grinding today a tiny bit on the way to work. Then when I left I couldn't shift into any gears. I would push the clutch down and there was no resistance and all and then it didn't pop up at all. My wife picked me up so my car is still at work.

Any advice? Did I snap the clutch cable?

I'm not great with cars so sorry about my noob question. Thanks so much!
Old 01-18-2013
Registered!!

Re: Clutch Has no Pressure, Sticks to floor

Engine is stock b16 by the way
Old 01-18-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I bet it's been feeling funny for a little while?

2000 Civic?

Clutch fluid probably is empty,
due to a leak,
(probably the slave cylinder leaking but both of the main parts should be inspected before throwing parts at it.)

Fill the clutch fluid up (DOT3 brake fluid only!!) pump the pedal many times, see if that helps any at all. Since it went empty, the system will probably need to be bled of air before it can work.

If you can get it working like this, you can probably drive it home (or a shop) and fix it there before the fluid goes empty again.

HTH
Old 01-18-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I bet it's been feeling funny for a little while?

2000 Civic?

Clutch fluid probably is empty,
due to a leak,
(probably the slave cylinder leaking but both of the main parts should be inspected before throwing parts at it.)

Fill the clutch fluid up (DOT3 brake fluid only!!) pump the pedal many times, see if that helps any at all. Since it went empty, the system will probably need to be bled of air before it can work.

If you can get it working like this, you can probably drive it home (or a shop) and fix it there before the fluid goes empty again.

HTH
Thanks so much! I think I figured out how to rep so I repped you. Have a great day I'll try it!
Old 01-18-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

yeah, potentially the *master cyclinder* could be at fault too, so need to inspect both. on newer cars, no more clutch cables (owned many cabled ones myself )
Old 01-19-2013
Registered!!

Mootmetal is an unknown quantity at this point

hey
I had the same probleme it was the fluid ..even if u look in and u see some fluid it might not be enough ...add some fuel ( i added break oil ) and start to press the clutch pedal untill the pressure is back ... i looked into the clutch fluid tank and there was some fluid so i didnt suspect that and i started going a little bit far ..until i asked my mecanic bec the car stayed in the company parking for 3 days ... i addd the oil and pressed many time until i felt the resistance back ...
Old 01-20-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mootmetal
hey
add some fuel ( i added break oil )
^ glad to know that you did not use fuel....
Old 04-17-2013
Registered!!

Levi likes si is an unknown quantity at this point

check all clutch lines and connections and look for brake fluid