Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

o2 sensor problemmm

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012
p7C
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p7C is an unknown quantity at this point
o2 sensor problemmm

Alright i just bought back my civic from a friend that I had sold a year ago. Its running like complete crap the check engine light is on it needs an o2 sensor so i go to auto zone to get it tested and he prints out the code it says bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen sensor is bad. They could not tell me which sensor it was and told me to call the dealership and ask them so i do and they also didnt tell me anything. So i go home jack the car up to find the guy I bought the car back from took off the cat and welded some junk pipe up there and there is only one oxygen sensor there and all thats left of the second sensor is 4 wires hanging down. The sensor thats still there is the one closest to the front of the car. Just wondering if the oxygen sensor i need screws into the cat or a different piece of piping? And how would i go about putting a new one in can I buy the universal sensor and just wire it to the wires hanging down?

Last edited by p7C; 10-17-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: o2 sensor problemmm

There's no point in doing one thing without taking care of it all.

If you fix the cut sensor and get it installed in the exhaust, it will set a cat code.