I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

regarding a keyless entry system

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zakaria1 is an unknown quantity at this point
regarding a keyless entry system

hello everyone, I am trying to install a Bulldog Security Keyless entry system KE1702 on my 2003 honda civic lx manual transmission. my questions are, on the installation manual from bulldog it shows that I need a 1500 and 250 ohm resistors. I found the 1500 ohm resistor from radioshack but i couldn't find the 250 ohm resistor, is it ok if i use like a 270 or 225 since they sell them? also do i have to bypass the immobilizer transponder since i am only installing the keyless entry and not the remote starter? thanks in advance
Old 05-10-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: regarding a keyless entry system

If you can get a hold of 2 500 Ohm resistors you can hook them in parallel to make a 250 Ohm resistor. You could also hook 2 125 Ohm resistors in series if they have 125 Ohm available. You can try to use the 270 or 225 since they are close but depending on what it is for you might need a resistor with a value closer to 250.

No need to bypass the immobilizer since you are not doing remote start.

What do you need the resistors for?
Old 05-10-2013
Registered!!

well on the insallation menu for the KE, it shows that I need them to connect the lock and unlock wires. here is a link to the installation menu, and it shows that under "connecting door locks" "one wiere (-) door locking sysytem section.
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/manualsnew/KE1702%20%20ManualLOW.pdf
so should i use them or not ?

Originally Posted by GolNat
If you can get a hold of 2 500 Ohm resistors you can hook them in parallel to make a 250 Ohm resistor. You could also hook 2 125 Ohm resistors in series if they have 125 Ohm available. You can try to use the 270 or 225 since they are close but depending on what it is for you might need a resistor with a value closer to 250.

No need to bypass the immobilizer since you are not doing remote start.

What do you need the resistors for?
Old 05-10-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You have type B door locks do you don't need the resistors. Just a (-) signal.
Old 05-11-2013
Registered!!

That's what I thought. Thank you for your help!

Originally Posted by GolNat
You have type B door locks do you don't need the resistors. Just a (-) signal.
Old 05-11-2013
Prelude Owner

no problem.
Old 05-16-2013
Registered!!

Hey I am trying to install the parking and trunk release
Wires. It says that the 12v constant wire that I am going to connect the 2 wires too needs to be fused at 5amps and 20amps. Any idea how to fuse that ?
Old 05-16-2013
Prelude Owner

With one of these:

Or like this but without the rubber cover if its not outside: