I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Please Help rear speakers wont fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xplod590 is an unknown quantity at this point
Please Help rear speakers wont fit

i am replacing the rear speakers in my 04 civic coupe and the speakers i bought when i place them in the magnets hits the bars underneath. its the bars for the trunk to stay open. and when i try to open my trunk them bars hit the magnets. any help would be great. thanks
Old 02-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Please Help rear speakers wont fit

aaahhhhh try taking the plastic panel off and load the speaker from the top . maybe evan cut some wood spacers or return the speakers for shallower ones
Old 02-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

remove the bars. or get a spacer, but with a spacer, one corner of your speaker might hit the glass.
Old 02-28-2009
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

fold your seats down and check to see if they clear with the trunk closed. My alpine type S's have rubbed for years and i havent had any problems, since they clear when the trunk is closed.
Old 02-28-2009
Registered!!

i have took all my panels out of the car (installed dynamat threw out). when i loaded them from the top they stuck up about 1/4 inch wit the trunk open. ill try to put them in with the trunk closed and see if i can still open my trunk. Kcari if i remove the bars the trunk wont stay up when open. that is the tensenor for the trunk lid. I may do this since i dont use my trunk very often anyway after i finish my system i wont have much trunk space anyway.
Old 03-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

the probwith removing the bar is that u gotta lift the trunk up urself
Old 03-01-2009
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

you need spacers... they lift the speaker some so the magnet clears. You will probably have to make them yourself out of wood or something, as I do not know if Metra makes one for the rears...they do however make one for the front as the hole is kinda weird...
Old 03-02-2009
Registered!!

thanks to all for the help. I'll make me some spacers today.
Old 03-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you may want to switch from the torsion bars to the trunk shocks/lift supports that are used when a spoiler is installed.
Old 03-14-2009
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i agree with gearbox. If you just make trunk shocks it will solve the problem. Also i was wondering wont you lose some sound quality if you put spacers in because the sound will go out the sides of the speaker. Im picturing spacers as just going at a few points and their being a gap all around the rest of the speaker. Wouldnt that change the sound of them and make them sound worse?
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
you may want to switch from the torsion bars to the trunk shocks/lift supports that are used when a spoiler is installed.
I second that. Best route.