I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Polk DB651's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clean 03 will become famous soon enough
Polk DB651's?

Wondering if anyone has them or is knowledgeable on polk's or there rep. Im not familiar with them but they looked good and i got a god deal on them...thanks for any help.

Last edited by Clean 03; 02-02-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-01-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Polk DB651's?

seriously man? this is a forum to talk about CIVICS. this is not a forum to write reviews on car speakers. im sure there are tons of info on this speaker on the net, why ask in a forum about civics.
Old 02-02-2009
Registered!!

Because they are going in a civic. Sound will be different in every car. Therefore im going to want to know if anyone has them on here to see how they sound in a civic, Since this is a civic forum. Just like questions on any other equipment or part. your going to want to know how it performs on the car your going to use it on. Idk why so many ppl need to get so serious. And trash talk. If you dont want to answer then dont. its just a forum.
Old 02-02-2009
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

Gonna have to agree...no reason to jump down the dudes throat. This forum is not in its prime anymore and could use all the traffic it can get. You've helped me out before civicsrcool so don't take this the wrong way. As to the original poster...try checking out a review and posting it here and then asking the question that way people have something to base their opinions on.
Old 02-02-2009
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

yep. this is the forum to post questions about speakers. so no harm in asking the question.
Old 02-02-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

great now i seem like a dick now lol. sorry.
Old 02-02-2009
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

nah, it's all good.
Old 02-02-2009
Registered!!

Lol. Its ok. I found a review on the speakers from a civic owner from amazon.com . Pretty interesting. Here it is and specs of the speakers.

Dynamic Balance Polymer/Mica Composite Mineral Filled Cone is stiff yet lightweight for big sound, little distortion.

Marine Certified Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
19mm Liquid-Cooled Silk/Polymer composite Dome Tweeter with Neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
Tweeter pivots, allowing you to aim it toward your listening position.
Low-mass 2-Layer Kapton Voice Coil former is lightweight for high sound output. Kapton’s high melting temperature (725°F/400°C!) ensures high power handling and kick-butt reliability.
Supplied Adaptor Rings enable the db651 to fit both 6-1/2 inch and 6-3/4 inch applications, ensuring an easy fit in everything from domestics to imports including VWs and Audis, BMWs and other European imports. (The Adaptor Rings reduces the driver's top mount 3/8" to only 1-5/8").
Muscular ABS Grilles, computer optimized and based on exclusive MOMO designs.

Durable Butyl Rubber Surround won’t fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time, for years of the great Polk sound.
Pole Plate Heat Sink promotes better heat dissipation for superior power handling and reliability.
Flat Spider for faster, longer excursion linear motion.
Flexible Woven Leads sewn directly into Spider for greater reliability.
Rock solid, acoustically inert Stamped Steel Basket finished in rustproof Gun Metal Gray.
Stainless steel mounting hardware.
One year parts & labor warranty.

Driver Complement
Mid/Woofer 1 - 6-1/2" Diameter (16.51cm)
Polymer/Mica Composite cone with rubber surround
Tweeter 1 - 3/4" Diameter (1.91cm)
Silk/Polymer composite dome
Electrical
Overall Frequency Response 35Hz-22kHz
Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
Power Handling (continuous) 60 w
Power Handling (peak) 180 w
Efficiency 92 dB

They sound great.

I would have only said "very good" until I removed a piece of wood that I had over the door port (a long story!). Once this speaker had room to breathe the sound is fantastic - very rich, open and detailed. The bass is amazing. It really shakes the car without distorting - and I don't have a subwoofer anymore.

I am a car stereo enthusiast without a budget so my "system" is a:

'96 Honda civic stock radio (Alpine, with cassette)
75 WPC mtx amp with .75f capacitor (picked up at electronics shop for $15)
These Polk speakers mounted in the front doors (regular position).
About 300lbs. of sound deadening material including roofing tar and shingles.

The sheer stupidity of putting the tar in my car is pointed out to me regularly by my wife and I have to agree - don't do this at home! However - it was dirt cheap and provides incredible bass response.
I used to have an 8" sub but these speakers go down so low that it would not make any sense to put it back. I have all 75w going to the Polks. I listen to stuff on the radio and prefer metal but the Polks make any radio mix sound very