Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

BEST H4 BULB ON THE MARKET?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18inchpride is an unknown quantity at this point
BEST H4 BULB ON THE MARKET?

Well, this just a question for all you memebers. I just wanted to know what H4 bulb do you believe is the best, longest lasting, and brightest. I know that so many of us have everysingle different brand of bulb, but i want to know which you believe should come out on top. Maybe post some pics and what such! All i know is that i've been through 3 new pairs of bulbs in the last year and i dunno whether or not to just go and find the most expensive set and hope to god that their going to be what i pay for!

Thanks,
JONNY
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

cky2k3 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have eurolite xenon bulbs, ones with the bluish tint, they are brighter than stock for sure but not so bright that when i drive behind you you'll have to tilt your rearview mirror. i like'em and have had them for almost 2 years.
Old 02-13-2003
Just Be

MangoEX should not be trusted
Get your flamesuits on! IBTL [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Oh and by the way... Sylvania Silverstars. Sorry, had to say it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-13-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
MTEC... me ak and a couple other people have them... i recommend them
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
This isn't the easiest thing to answer, but I can tell you one thing. The most expensive bulbs aren't the best bulbs for the civic. The most expensive would have to be the PIAA bulbs, but they blow out faster than most bulbs according to the experiences of other members. They're bright and appear nice, but the price you pay for the short life of the bulb is not worth it.

It is true that Sylvannia Silverstars may be the brightest and longest lasting aftermarket bulb, but the consequence is a stockish yellow appearance. The light may be whiter, but from the pictures on this site, it appears like stock yellow but only brighter. So you can spend 45 bucks for the silverstars, but it will only benefit your driving sight, because most will see them as stocks.

In my opinion, no bulb out there will last very long that has that HID look, so I went on EBAY and bought a bunch of HIPER bulbs, the 85-100 watt bulbs. If you ask the seller to buy it in a bundle to save on shipping, you can end up buying HIPER bulbs for like 12 bucks each shipped. I have lost one set so far in my two years of owning the car and actually expect to lose another set soon. I expect to lose one set of bulbs a year. The HIPERs are bright and appear very white at night. The main problem is that they appear blue in the day, which is probably illegal. The reason they blow out is because of the heat they generate, which causes the bulb to deform from its original shape. Maybe if you bought the 65 watt bulbs, which are stock voltage with white light, then you wouldn't have blow outs as common.

You might want to try buying from local shops. I heard some local shops actually offer 1 year warranty on bulbs, such as the Kryptons. Another thing you might want to watch out for is that moisture in the headlamps may cause the bulbs to blow out earlier, so keep them dry. Hope some of this helps you out.
Old 02-13-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I have Showoff Kryptons (blue) in my ride. Really nice colour, not a very discernible blue, but nice and white. The price was OK, and there is so far no damage or melting evident in my stock harnesses, even though the rating is 100/80. Gonna buy an aftermarket harness kit eventually.
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

klam is an unknown quantity at this point
I had Philips Vision Plus bulbs. They were noticeably brighter and whiter, but nowhere ricey looking like other bulbs. The reason is that they did not have that blue tint on the bulb, which means they get a brighter and whiter light by optimizing existing halogen design. The lack of a blue tint also means more light is reaching the outside and not reduced by the tint.

Old 02-13-2003
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
[hr]Originally posted by: iamboo
MTEC... me ak and a couple other people have them... i recommend them[hr]
find them on ebay.... some seller has them starting at $2.99

Good stuff... then there's PIAA.
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slystad810 is an unknown quantity at this point
Eurolite! Never burned out on me, and they look sweet. Some people don't like 'em though.
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

Bogus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
My PIAA Plasma GT's haven't burned out yet. They look pretty nice. But I dont know if you wanna pay over $60.
Old 02-13-2003
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
Piaa Plasma Spark Blue (7500k) And by the way as I stated in similar thread, I've had Piaa bulbs in my last three cars and they never burned out. When I sold my Accord I took the bulbs out and put them into my wife's car.
Old 02-13-2003
Alt
Registered!!

Alt is an unknown quantity at this point
i have som nokya's, 4100K. pretty nice looking i think[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-13-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blazed870 is on a distinguished road
my mtecs are great. I have only had them for about a month but they look awsome.
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Mtec H4 bulbs with 55/60W! Only 11.99 shipped for a pair Click Here
Old 02-13-2003
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
got any pics of the mtec @ night?
Old 02-13-2003

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: TeLLy
I have Showoff Kryptons (blue) in my ride. Really nice colour, not a very discernible blue, but nice and white. The price was OK, and there is so far no damage or melting evident in my stock harnesses, even though the rating is 100/80. Gonna buy an aftermarket harness kit eventually.[hr]
well i have those too an when i just got them....they were really nice with blue tint..but now that i've had em for about 5 months..they are starting to look yellow when its not totally dark outside..but when its black outside....they still have the nice white/blue tint.
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
CUZO Xenon Hyper Whites they are rated at 90/100. These are by far the brightest bulb I have ever used with the exception of HID. These are the closest you will get to HID. I have had them for almost a year and they haven't burnt out yet. Oh and I went out and bought the Silverstars because everyone says that they are the brightest bulb. I put one in my left headlight and left my Cuzo in my right headlight. The Cuzo on was about 2 times brighter then the Silverstar! I will never use any other bulb besides Cuzo! With the exception of HID of coarse. Unless someone has a picture of their car with the MTECs in and they are brighter. MTEC is the only one that I have yet to try.
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

ce01cvcex is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking of getting the PIAA Super Plasma GT's, are they worth the price tag? i was wanting a blue tint to them, are these what i am wanting or should i get something else?? i dont care about the price...
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: ce01cvcex
I was thinking of getting the PIAA Super Plasma GT's, are they worth the price tag? i was wanting a blue tint to them, are these what i am wanting or should i get something else?? i dont care about the price...[hr]
The Plasma GT's are purple/pink in color when they are on low beam. They are somewhat hyper white, kind of blueish on high beams. If You don't care about the price tag go with PlasmaGT suggestion and get the Spark Blue's.
Old 02-13-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Does HID count?

Silverstars on the left.

CATZ 4500 HID on the right.
Old 02-13-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Where can someone buy these 'spark-blue' @ 7500K??

Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend has mtec on his ride they look pretty good I'm thinking of buying some my bulbs right now are called HID Plazma's no brand name but they have a nice blue effect
Old 02-13-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: FALKEN
Where can someone buy these 'spark-blue' @ 7500K??[hr]

Spark Blue's
Old 02-15-2003
Registered!!

bootlegskwirl is an unknown quantity at this point
I've tried PIAA, Cuzos, MTECs, Nokyas, and Raybrig and I think the Raybrig are the most dependable and most bright out of the bunch. The MTECs I got off ebay were bad, they were almost like stock yellow. The PIAAs were alright, but not that great during the rain. The Nokyas were extremely blue, but again, they suck in the rain. The Cuzos would be my second favorite, they were blue enough and they were pretty bright until I tried a pair of Raybrig Whitesonic bulbs. The whitesonics were freakin white and bright! Great in the rain too.

BTW, I also have an upgraded wiring harness

Edited for gramatical errors
Old 02-23-2003
Registered!!

Marion26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea! Yea! Yea! Raybrigs are definitely the best kinda expensive but worth the dough still has the same coverage and light in rain
Old 02-23-2003
Registered!!

Kape is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone's commenting on the colour or colour temp of their bulbs, but no one realizes that it's the lumens of a light bulb that count. Read the PIAA thread that shows that PIAA actually produce less lumens that stock bulbs. Narva Rage Power, even though they have low colour temp and therefore appear yellow, have the most lumens and actually produce the most light. I've got Hiper Super Plazma Xenon bulbs in mine, but because they actually draw 85W they are illegal and have also made the reflecting cone goldish (due to excess heat) so I'm gonna change them to true HID. That's the only way to get the cool "blue/purple" colour and high lumens.
And for those asking if PIAAs are worth the money I'd say no freaking way. Get the Mtec, only $15-$20 and same fake HID as PIAA, which are $80-$100.
A good comprimise are the Sylvania Silverstar, they burn at 4000K and have a tad bit more lumens than stock.
Old 02-23-2003
Registered!!

Silversleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
I think my Silverstars are great. The best feature is the "no tint" on the actual bulbs, therefore you dont get that gay blue reflection going on in your headlight housings. BUT, for those who want that damn blue coloration, these are not for you. When I compare mine to stock bulbs side by side testing, My bulbs have a nice blueish look to them, very HID looking, and have that great, maybe even better, brightness than stock. I do have regrets though, just because, at close distance to the lights, the color looks damn near stock. But when seen through a reflection, like my garage or glass windows on shops, It appears as blue as any HID system. These bulbs make you very self-conscious about you lights. You keep asking yourself if they are looking blueish or not. I'd reccomend sticking to cheaper bulbs, but do reasearch and make sure they are reliable. I would like to see pics of these Cuzo bulbs in action, also the new SparkBlue 8000k PIAAs.
Old 04-06-2003
Registered!!

zlander is an unknown quantity at this point
Man no more 85/100 W bulbs. Those bulbs burned my headlight socket in my steering wheel column. The dealership wanted to charge me almost $500 bucks for the harness. Luckily, I bought the aftermarket bulbs from the same dealership so it was covered under warranty. I might try Raybrig....
Old 04-06-2003
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by djlutchi
got any pics of the mtec @ night?

Click "My Ride" above this post, i have 2 pics of my MTECs. btw, i hink MTECs are the best, had em for about 8 months now with no problems at all. they also use stock wattage, so that's a plus.
Old 04-06-2003
Registered!!

bboysushi is an unknown quantity at this point
I cast my vote on MTECs too, sooooo much different from stock!
cant go back once you see the light!

Bboysushi

Quick Reply: BEST H4 BULB ON THE MARKET?