I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Help!

Old 01-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isaacs86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help!

Hi guys im new to this site and only bought a civic type s yesterday. One thing thats really getting to me and i hope you can help. Wheres the aux input so i can plug my ipod into it, theres a button on the actual radio but i just cant find where to plug it into. Please help
Old 01-27-2012
Registered!!

SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough
Re: Help!

year? stock radio? after market?
Old 01-27-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

civic type S?!? which country are you from? ...
and please, as informed when you joined, use descriptive titles. too many threads are named "Help!!!!" and it's annoying for us to have to enter the thread just to see what it is about, so most will not even click in there and it's annoying as hell.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 01-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2012
Registered!!

SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough

Oh, type S...I didn't even catch that. I read Si...whoops...Either way, there has to be some kind of "Aux" plug somewhere on the stereo. However, some stereos will have accessory "buttons" but not actually have the accessory. Such as the stereo may say, "XM Ready" in which you have to buy something extra for the stereo. Does that make sense?
Old 01-27-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

RTFM????

Edit: Damn, it won't let me capitalize it. Maybe it will if I add words down here....

Last edited by ezone; 01-27-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: RTFM?
Old 01-27-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be helpful to let us know if you let us know the year of your civic, and whether or not it's a stock stereo

If you have a pre 2010 civic, and a stock radio, it is very likely you do not have an 3.5mm AUX for your stereo.

the AUX preset on these stock stereos are purposely there solely for an additional 6 disk CD changer, and not for a 3.5mm input such as an ipod or MP3

If you would like Mp3/iPod connectivity, you will need an aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread