I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

06 stock stereo won't eject CD

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCool is an unknown quantity at this point
06 stock stereo won't eject CD

My girlfriend's got an 06 Civic (EX, IIRC) with 80K on the clock. The stock stereo worked fine until a couple weeks ago - now it won't eject the CD that's in there. It wouldn't even accept a CD for a little while, then she stuck one in there with some coersion but when pressing the Eject button now, it just makes some noises like it's trying to spit it out...but nothing happens.

I tried searching, but could only find posts with similar problems about aftermarket HUs. Anyone ever have this problem with the stocker? Any suggestions about what to do?
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Re: 06 stock stereo won't eject CD

I suggest getting an aftermarket piece.
Then start taking the OEM apart to retrieve your cd..
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

That was my suggestion as well; it quickly got shot down. I had to fight with her to even agree to let me maybe take the dash apart if I was able to find a cause... She definitely doesn't want an aftermarket HU though.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

why not, my stereo shop has them starting at $89.00 for nice Kenwood piece.

Then tell her she is stuck listening to that stupid cd for ever....
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

idk why not...she's a woman, do they ever need a reason? :P

Seriously though, I'm well aware of the availability of inexpensive alternatives...she's just very stubborn about some things.
Old 09-29-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

how about search for a stock replacement on ebay. either way the dash is coming apart cause the one you have now is dead.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

Gotcha - I was just looking for confirmation (or not) that the stocker was, in fact, dead. I've already searched eBay and found one... I just didn't know if maybe this was a somewhat common problem, or if there was some simple "fix" I might be missing.
Old 09-29-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BCool
My girlfriend's got an 06 Civic (EX, IIRC) with 80K on the clock.
80K = 80 kilometres?
80K = 80,000 kilometres?
80K = 80,000 miles?
clock = odometre?

WTF? Internet grammar is getting way too prevalent. I had this happen to me before, I had to jam another CD in underneath that one, curl the new CD so it was pushing up on the stuck one and try to pull them both out together. When I finally got it out, I opened the window and ejected that CD permanently at 120 kilometres an hour (that's 120k for you shorthanders). The problem was from the headunit being made to work perfectly horizontal. But the Civic dash is pointed towards the ceiling a bit so it had to work harder against gravity to push the CD slightly upwards and out. This eventually led to its demise.

Or if it's anything like a CD-ROM drive on a computer, there might be a little tiny hole next to the eject slot and if you stick a paper clip in there, it's a manual eject for the disc.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
80K = 80 kilometres?
80K = 80,000 kilometres?
80K = 80,000 miles?
clock = odometre?

WTF? Internet grammar is getting way too prevalent.
Interesting set of options... My mistake - I haven't filled out my profile yet. I'm from the US, so I assumed that it would be understood. Typically, K = thousand, M = million, B = billion, T = trillion. 80 Kilometers would've been written as "80KM," "80 Km," etc. Again, since I'm in the US (didn't realize this was such an int'l (international) forum...which is great!), I assumed it would be understood that I meant 80,000 miles. Finally, yes, clock = odometer. Typical US gearhead ("car guy," etc) slang, if you will...not internet-speak at all. Actually, none of it is "internet grammar" at all - it's all common abbreviations. And, I actually used correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and sentence structure even!

Oh, and if internet grammar is getting way too prevalent for you, don't write things like "WTF"

Thanks for the tip about using another CD to "wedge" the old one out. I'd read that in a couple other threads; I'll have to try that to get the current one out.
Old 09-29-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Typically, K = thousand
Actually kilo is the latin abbreviation for thousand, lazy people just shorten it to K.....so basically they're abbreviating an abbreviation. It's like people who refer to a Civic as a 'Vic and then just deciding to call it a V.

Oh, and if internet grammar is getting way too prevalent for you, don't write things like "WTF"
Busted!

I used to live in the states for a year but there's a lot of us Canadian members here, sometimes gets confusing with the trim levels. You may also want to try removing the CD player, pointing the slot at the floor and hitting eject (while still powered). It'll likely spit it out with the help of gravity.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
Actually kilo is the latin abbreviation for thousand, lazy people just shorten it to K.....so basically they're abbreviating an abbreviation.
Very true.
Originally Posted by DeX
It's like people who refer to a Civic as a 'Vic and then just deciding to call it a V.
Seriously? That's aweful...lol...
Originally Posted by DeX
You may also want to try removing the CD player, pointing the slot at the floor and hitting eject (while still powered). It'll likely spit it out with the help of gravity.
I'll try that as well...thanks!