Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Affordable cosmetic upgrades 09 EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FireFighterSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Affordable cosmetic upgrades 09 EX

Hey, I'm new to the forum. Thanks for having me. I just purchased an 09 EX and was looking for some input as to some affordable and easily done self modifications. I want to replace the grille from the plastic one but don't want people to think I am trying to turn it into a race car. I was also thinking of hitting the tail lights with some night shade. I would like some badges that aren't chrome as well. Any idea's?
Old 04-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
surlycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Affordable cosmetic upgrades 09 EX

Welcome to the forums.

A lot of affordable cosmetic upgrades - tail lights and grill on front are pretty inexpensive and straightforward DIY tasks. What color is the ride? Coupe? What kind of wheels/tires do you have now? Wheels are more expensive obviously, but that's another easy upgrade to the appearance of the car, and if done right, won't make it look like you are trying to make a race car. If I've learned anything it's that cosmetic upgrades are incredibly personal choice; some people will like them and others won't. There is usually no "right answer" - it's all up to what your preference is. AKA if you like it, go for it and ride it with pride.

That said, I like to keep things relatively close to stock; that's just my preference but others will probably disagree. Caution with decals/badges be selective and don't put too many on (unless you have something under the hood to back them up).