Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2014 Civic Air Bag Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drake1080 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2014 Civic Air Bag Light

Having an issue with Airbag light coming on it. It seems to come on sporadically. Wife drive it and it doesn't come on. When I drive it and move the seat back it seems that it usually comes on over the period of driving it. It usually stays on for the duration of driving then park it and drive it the next day and it is gone.

Any suggestions? No wrecks. No mechanical issues. Vehicle has no history. 45k miles.
Old 12-31-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2014 Civic Air Bag Light

When you drive it do you have a passenger or is it solo? Just asking because I never drive my wifes car without her in the passenger seat. Which airbag light is it? Just the picture of the steering wheel with an airbag sticking out or does it say "side airbag"?
Old 12-31-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

What did you have sitting in the passengers seat? I know my car will turn on lights if I have more than about 10 lbs in the pass seat.
Old 01-05-2016
Registered!!

The light usually comes on when I have passenger in seat next to me. I did nothing other than let the drivers seat back occasionally.
Old 01-05-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Which warning light/message?

Or do you get a different message?
Old 01-05-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Which warning light/message?

Or do you get a different message?
The one you posted.

"Check airbag system"
Old 01-05-2016

"Check airbag system"
Ok that sounds like a real fault then. I don't even want to try to guess what it could be, other than probably something in the passengers seat systems (multiple possibilities).

You're probably stuck with going to a dealer to see what codes it has and what can be done about it. Dealer scanner or equivalent is needed.

If you sit in the passengers seat, will it act up?
Just sitting still in the driveway, or does the car have to be driven before it acts up?

I guess I'm trying to ask if this problem is easy to duplicate so it can be checked and verified at the dealer, and you can make sure it's actually fixed before you leave the dealers parking lot.
Old 01-29-2016
Registered!!

rd33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Isnt there a way to reset the Check Airbag Systel Light by jumping the connection in the dash? Ive seen some youtube videos of older models. Has anyone done this with the 2014 Models?
Old 01-29-2016

Originally Posted by rd33
Isnt there a way to reset the Check Airbag Systel Light by jumping the connection in the dash? Ive seen some youtube videos of older models. Has anyone done this with the 2014 Models?
I don't see any provision for that in the newer cars.
Looks like it probably needs a real scantool.
Old 12-10-2017
Registered!!

Ubux is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drake1080
Having an issue with Airbag light coming on it. It seems to come on sporadically. Wife drive it and it doesn't come on. When I drive it and move the seat back it seems that it usually comes on over the period of driving it. It usually stays on for the duration of driving then park it and drive it the next day and it is gone.

Any suggestions? No wrecks. No mechanical issues. Vehicle has no history. 45k miles.
Hi same thing has happened to my 63 civic
Did you find any solution to your problem?
Old 05-10-2021
Registered!!

Toonarmy2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ubux
Hi same thing has happened to my 63 civic
Did you find any solution to your problem?
Hi did you manage to sort your air bag light, i have been having problems with my civic 2013 model.
a friend of mine works in a garage and had it on computer to see were the error code was coming from.
he said by the looks of it, it could be the clock spring they bought a one off ebay but still had warning light come on.
Doing my head in as it has gradually got worse, changed the battery as that was pretty knackered due to the stop start and thought that would of sorted it.
thought i would ask just incase someone has got the right fix.