Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pratheesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Switch

Hi

I have a Honda civic fitted with Surround view camera system. this has been triggered by the reverse gear( as usual). but I need to add a switch so that I can view the cameras while iam driving when I press that switch.

Please any of you guys have any idea of what tyoe of switch should I go for to get this fixed.

thanks
Old 08-18-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Switch

So you want to be able to use your rear view camera anytime by turning on a switch?

Do you still want it to come on when you shift into reverse also?
Old 08-18-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switch

Sounds like there's either a magnetic switch or a relay that's tapped into the circuit for the reverse light.

If it's a magnetic switch, replace the magnetic switch with the rocker/push button switch of your choice

If it's the latter, have the relay coil take a signal from any hot wire with an in-line switch instead of the reverse light circuit.

Oorrrrrr... If you want it to have an "auto-on while in reverse" feature while still beig able to turn it on/off at will, use a 5-pin relay and wire it as such:
85: reverse light circuit
86: any ground
87a: from battery pos terminal or +12vdc line with an in-line switch
87: from battery pos terminal or +12vdc line, no in-line switch
30: to monitor power

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 08-18-2013 at 01:11 PM.