Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'11 si

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UfailV8 is an unknown quantity at this point
'11 si

Okay, so today I was driving along doing 66 in 6th gear, while using cruise control when my car kicked me out of cruise. Then about 3 miles down the road my car starts to rev up, but it does not accelerate whatsoever (clutch wont engage). I then pull off the side of the road and my car is putting out an awful smell (something burning). I then start my car back up and try and run through the gears and the clutch still wouldn't engage. My car has about 11.5k miles on it and NO I DON'T RIDE THE CLUTCH. Any ideas: pressure switch, master cylinder... thanks
Old 03-19-2011
Trance Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: '11 si

If you're smelling something stank, it sounds like the clutch may be burnt. The revs shooting up with no go to the wheels also sounds like a clutch issue.
Old 03-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

66 in 6th = 666, not a great number to be doing cruise in...anyway yeah clutch is fried.
Old 03-20-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
66 in 6th = 666, not a great number to be doing cruise in...anyway yeah clutch is fried.
oh, lol. I thought i was the "bad dog, bad dog" around here, but this is another good one