05 special edition?/strut bars/ opinion on damage

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robert Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
05 special edition?/strut bars/ opinion on damage

Hey guys 2 questions for you here. One since i dont know much about strut bars and the fact i do drive a little fast but responsible non the less is getting strut bars even worth it?

Also when i called in to get my honda serviced a while back due to recal for the air bags i was told it was a 2005 honda civic special edition but my question is what is the diffrence? Is there anything that makes it special?

And last but not least i ended up backing into one of those dam yellow cement polls in parking lots and damaged my rear bumber as it fot ripped off and is no longer being held in place by bolts abd my front bumper has also been ripped off as i always seem to go to far when parking and get it caught on those dam cement parking stall blocks. Anyways the cost to replace them both and get them repainted and since my windsheild needs replacing a total of $2000 with tax. Now one thing to note i was told i hit the dam pole hard enough to bend the what he said "bumper frame connected to the main frame of the car" now this is bent in a little on rear and as such made a nice little hill on the left side corner of my trunk. Would it be worth it to make these repairs? Or just consider it a write off and abondon it. I should mention the hood needs repainting due to a sand storm i drove through that took tiny little chips of paint of and that the car is on the 174,000kmh range.

Can include images of all the damage if someone wants to see them.

Last edited by Robert Campbell; 04-19-2016 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Include info
Old 04-19-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 05 special edition?/strut bars/ opinion on damage

For suspension The front strut bar is nice, but is not the most bang fro your buck item.

First if you have not already

Lower the car (this reduces body rove by planting your center of gravity lower.
to do this properly us rear adjustable camber arms.

After this I would grab a larger rear sway bar. This really plants the rear end and makes handling around corners lot of fun.

3. lastly buy a solid strut bar without joints. This increases rigidity in the engine bay and lets the two struts/wheels wok together. It will increase your "turn in" and reduce understeer. But this isn't a dramatic increase, though it is nice.

Don't worry about the rear strut bar, because in the coupe there is a large reinforced bar which holds in the rear seats and connects the rear struts.

Optional handling options also include spacers and

racing tires (track use only, they can cause you to spin out because generally they will not squeal like road tires until you are spinning out, lol).