6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

How do I completely remove the entire driver side door?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leadfoot Luke is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How do I completely remove the entire driver side door?

Hey, I couldn't find a video on YouTube, everything that came up was for the door panel... Which is a no-brainier, but I need to remove the entire door and don't want to break any wires for my window or locks in the process.
The car was a hand-me-down beater that I got from my sister after I blew a rod in my Audi. And when I say beater, I mean beater. There's a dent on every single panel... I don't know how she did it... Anyway, I plan on replacing every panel 1-by-1 and making this beater look a little nicer.

So here's my project. Replace every panel. Eventually paint all the random colored panels to 1 color. Do a little interior. Lower it. Wheels.

Any videos on how to safely remove the doors would be great.
Thanks ahead of time, Luke
Old 04-01-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genyc07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do I completely remove the entire driver side door?

Welcome to the forum please stick around. It seems like most of us found our cars in need of some tlc. I don't know the answer but someone here does for sure so stick around. In the meantime put up a couple pics I know it isn't a looker yet but projects like urs will inspire more people to do the same. The junk yard and craigslist will be your best friend and what year and model are we talking about two four door ex si hx? A little data goes a long way. Anyway thanks again and welcome
Old 04-01-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I completely remove the entire driver side door?

Welcome!

I'd send it to a body shop! LOL

Genyc07 has a good point about the junk yard, go practice taking a door off there first!

Generally,
Disconnect the jamb wiring at the harness connectors on the front edge of the door (assuming 6th gen car). They can be a PITA to release.

Set a floor jack under the door to hold it up, and have someone standing by to catch it when you get it free.

Unbolt the check rod (or drive the pin out if it's that type) and unbolt the hinges.