7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!! 03 Civic Ex Coupe Trunk Leakage

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kristoco is an unknown quantity at this point
Help!!! 03 Civic Ex Coupe Trunk Leakage

Merry Kristmas! Went out today to clean my car and opened the trunk to find all my rags soaked! I see no way for the water to get in yet seems to be drivers side underlie is wet and rug. Any ideas as to what could be the problem? Deals all look great!

Any ideas would be helpful!

Kristoco
Old 12-25-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help!!! 03 Civic Ex Coupe Trunk Leakage

Leaks in when it rains?
Leaks in while driving?
Is the water you found dirty or clean? Dirty water would come from the road, clean water would not. Makes a difference in how you look for leakage.

Body panel seams, gaps in sealant, rust, rear window leakage

Sunroof drain tube issue such as detached from its exit point

Open the back seat, Lay in the trunk, have someone hose down the rear end, or drive thru a car wash while you look for an entry point.
Even if you find drips, the actual point of entry may be far away.
Old 12-26-2015
Registered!!

Thank you! I'd thought about many of the same things. What I noticed is that it seems to come from drivers side and is collecting in the trunk area yet as one cloth piece gets wet it seems to spread into the back seat rug area. I'm wondering if I have an issue with the vent in the back wheel well. I'm going to try the hosing down method first and go from there.

Hope you've had a great Holiday season!

Kristoco
Old 12-26-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Exterior vent, not likely IMO, it's covered by the bumper and (I think) it would end up puddling in the cavity below the vent if it did leak.

More likely to be elsewhere.

Fuel door cup is on that same side?

I think you should establish first how and where it is ending up in the trunk area.
I think the area below the glass that is used as a gutter around the trunk lid seal is prone to rusting and leaking.

Remove carpets and side panels, look for evidence like lines left in the dirt. Maybe shoot white powder (talc, Right Guard, etc.,) all over so any future leak would leave a trail of evidence?
Old 01-26-2016
Registered!!

nsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura aboutnsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura about

Close the trunk, then pour water one each rear light. Do it one at a time. My drivers side rear was leaking from the pointed soft white plug. I had to removed the bumper and the rear driver side light. Pushed out that plug and put silicone on the inner lip. Re-insert the plug, install your light and bumper.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E6knC9V9SRs/maxresdefault.jpg
Old 02-03-2016
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Did the OP say his Sievic has a trunk leak? Welcome to the club Sir.
Old 02-04-2016
Registered!!

Apparently there was liquid in the trunk because of the dealership issue and after I dried it out there seems to be no leaks. I plan on padding the back area for warmth and sound anyhow down the road yet always like to double check everything before I do any work. Door shaving next.