7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Recall 01-03

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point
New Recall 01-03

Just wanted to inform you guys that Honda issued another recall on our civics. I put the link to the press release below.

http://owners.honda.com/Documentum/R...se_0000089.pdf
Old 04-11-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: New Recall 01-03

Thanks.

I got the driver side fixed a year or so ago. Honda sent me a letter in the mail telling me to go to the dealer and get it fixed. Ill go and get the passenger side also!
Old 04-11-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Thanks
Old 04-11-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I got that recall in the mail a long time ago. Been too lazy/busy to get it taken care of
Old 04-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Maybe the new letter is just expanded serial numbers or something. Had mine fixed a couple years ago. It took no time, the drive to the dealer took longer.
Old 04-11-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

If it's the headlight switch recall, got it a long while ago.

link broke.
Old 04-11-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
If it's the headlight switch recall, got it a long while ago.

link broke.
Its a new Airbag Recall. The file went missing from the honda website for some reason....

I re-uploaded it up though.

http://www.filedropper.com/recallpressrelease0000089
Old 04-11-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by johndeerebones
Maybe the new letter is just expanded serial numbers or something. Had mine fixed a couple years ago. It took no time, the drive to the dealer took longer.
I think this is for passenger side airbag.
Old 04-11-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

It is passenger side

If you follow original link and go to view recalls and type in your vin it will tell you if your included.
Old 04-11-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

CALM DOWN, DON'T PANIC!! (lol)

This recall is for the PASSENGER airbag. Not the drivers bag.

You all need to wait a while.

Parts have not been released yet.
We can't even run your VIN report to see if your car is affected yet.

The recall DOCUMENT is still more or less blank. All it says is repair procedures are expected to be posted around April 19th.

HTH
Old 04-11-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

OH DEAR WHAT SHALL WE DO?

Oh wait, I don't have passengers...

Guess I'll get it done when i get my car in for seatbelt replacement.
Old 04-11-2013
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Why even install them?
Old 04-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tragedy
Why even install them?
Because on the off chance that you have a passenger and happen to have a crash and the inflator shreds in their face the lawyer is after you instead of AHMC if you neglected to get a "recall" fixed. Sucky way to have to look at things, but in this lawsuit world we live in we have too.... Not only that it cost you zilch except time...
Old 04-12-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

that's the one involving Toyota, Honda, mazda, etc, if I am not wrong.
vic is still grounded, so did not go to change driver's side yet...
Old 04-12-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
that's the one involving Toyota, Honda, mazda, etc, if I am not wrong.

I heard the same on the news that morning.
Old 04-15-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I heard the same on the news that morning.
Yeah, 3million+ cars affected.
Old 04-15-2013
Registered!!

ProAc_Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Visited dealer today and was informed they won't start executing the repair til May. Also inquired about my faulty seatbelt latch but that was like talking to a brick wall.

Mike
Old 04-15-2013

Originally Posted by ProAc_Fan
Visited dealer today and was informed they won't start executing the repair til May.
Wait until you get your official notice letter in the mail from Honda.
On the same note: Make sure Honda (corporate) has you registered as the current owner of that car so you can receive that letter.

Also inquired about my faulty seatbelt latch but that was like talking to a brick wall.
Technically, it is not covered by the warranty but some dealers will cover it, and some won't. The shop I work for has been covering it for all but the worst customers.
Have you been a "good customer" at that dealer? That helps.
Or shop around other dealers.
Old 04-15-2013

Originally Posted by ProAc_Fan
my faulty seatbelt latch but that was like talking to a brick wall.
On the latch: I meant the switch fault and SRS light is not technically covered.

However:
If the buckle does not latch, then it would be covered as a mechanical fault under the lifetime seat belt warranty.
Old 04-15-2013
Registered!!

ProAc_Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I just purchased the vehicle but previous owner had it faithfully serviced by the local dealer for the last decade. I have a glove box full of receipts from hamburg Honda

Mike
Old 04-15-2013

Go register as the new owner of that car.

http://owners.honda.com/?brand=honda
https://owners.honda.com/login

You can call the customer assistance hotline too.