7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anybody from Canada(toronto Area) who is willing to do my HG job.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueMamba24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody from Canada(toronto Area) who is willing to do my HG job.

From the GTA area and have an 05 sedan civic si (252km) and i definitely think a HG job is needed, with all the coolant loss/overheating/misfiring/overflow on the reservoir tank, annoying bubling sound etc.. I've been to many mechanics and cant seems to have found an honest one, I just had the crankshaft sensor replaced last year of Jan. and he told me to replaced the timing belt as well since it the same type of labor that was needed, paid 600 but didnt come back since as i returned back to him due to the oil leak that i had experienced. He just removed the engine cover and applied some sort of glued to stop the leak. Summer time came and the overheat started to take place and the coolant refill happens from a monthly basis into a weekly routine. Anyway, anyone who is willing to do the work and can charge me reasonable amount, im easy person to work with.

JC
Old 03-16-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody from Canada(toronto Area) who is willing to do my HG job.

Your pretty close to me but I don't think I'd do this on someone elses car. Good luck finding someone though!
Old 03-16-2013
Registered!!

All right then ima have to go back to my mechanic and let him check to real culprit of the coolant loss/overheat. In beside, non mechanic people here might have faced the same problem as mine and they gave their energy/time to research the HG job right. Thus, might be interested on making some extra dough on their spare time.
Old 03-16-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only about 700 miles away, and I'd be more than happy to fix it at the shop.
Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

nice! as long as my engine wouldnt be exhausted with the HG leak I'll try the 700M trip, i believe you would have to to a full engine rebuild to that point lol.
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

I could help once it warms up a bit, but I'm in barrie
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

i am about one hour from toronto,

how much are u willing to pay?
Old 03-18-2013
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd help too but I wouldn't tackle this solo in the winter lol
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
I'd help too but I wouldn't tackle this solo in the winter lol

i have an indoor heated garage
Old 03-18-2013
Whachya lookin at?

bad-*** where are you located? ever done the job before? I wouldn't even charge anything. I'm down just to meet a couple people.
Old 03-20-2013
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

bad-*** where are you located? ever done the job before? I wouldn't even charge anything. I'm down just to meet a couple people.
Haha yea Ontario EM2 meet n' fix lol. I'm down for that, depending on which direction mikey1 is from Toronto...or bring it to my driveway once the temp get's above 5
Old 03-20-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Everyone! To Mike's house!!!! haha (self invite boo ya)
Old 03-20-2013
Registered!!

on civics i have done 2 head gasket jobs and plenty more timing belts

on other vehicles and motorcycles i have probably replaced 15+ head gaskets in total

i am near barrie
Old 03-21-2013
Registered!!

ok guys, i might have save myself some money and hoping that the real cause is just bubble on the system. I just properly burped the rad and actually waited for the fan to turn on before concluding the addition of coolant, the first time around i didnt have any clue that i needed to rev up the engine and didnt have that special funnel tool. So crossing my finger on this as the last time i had an overheating problem was when I traveled to Windsor for 4 hours, but it wasnt like a real overheating as the guage just went 3/4 up on a MCdonald drive thru, eventually i off the engine right away. Hoping after all it just a bubbled and not HG, thanks to who were interested anyway. I'll keep a journal on the coolant level and overheating, day 3 so far and coolant level seems the same.
Old 03-21-2013
Registered!!

nsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura aboutnsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura about

Another way to get all the air out of the cooling system is to take the rad cap off and let it sit over night. Put the rad cap back on the next morning.

You might want to do a cylinder leak down test before changing your head gasket.

I know a good mechanic in Scarborough. Good Luck.
Old 03-21-2013
Whachya lookin at?

I hope your bleeding the air on with the heat set to max and fan blowing max.
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

dred is an unknown quantity at this point

your in head gasket denial....lol
I was too, if it fillin your reservoir and you have to add fluid
its prolly head gasket. or worse but HG is most likely
Also you could tell on my cylinder 4 spark plug was white.
When i would took off rad cap I could also smell exaust.

I had mine done at a Honda dealer
also had the timing belt water pump done at same time.
I believe it came to 1500 tax in for everything....in guelph I was on the road with work at the time.
Under the hood looked brand new when they were done.
have since put 40000KM on it ....I still check rad fluid every week..lol