7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smoked or halo projector headlights for my Red 02 Civic Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pauly95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smoked or halo projector headlights for my Red 02 Civic Coupe

I've been looking to get new headlights to replace the stock ones on my 2002 civic coupe. Ive done a lot of research and ive heard that the halo projectors look nice however there are a lot of flaws so Im now leaning towards just getting the smoked glossy headlights. If anyone could tell me which would be better since Ive heard the halos usually burn out and its hard to fit HID in projectors. Also will I be able to put HID lights into the normal smoked headlights?
thanks
Old 11-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Smoked or halo projector headlights for my Red 02 Civic Coupe

morimoto mini retro fit or go home.
Old 11-10-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lowlife9
morimoto mini retro fit or go home.
lol. I am currently looking into doing this as my headlights look like crap. Do you know if it does the low and hi beam or just low?

Edit: Never mind, I see they are Bi-Xenon which from what I can find is hi/low in one bulb.

Last edited by GolNat; 11-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, the way it's for hi/low is it drops the shield to change the cutoff when the high beam is activated, allowing more light to come from the headlights.
Old 11-10-2012
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
yeah, the way it's for hi/low is it drops the shield to change the cutoff when the high beam is activated, allowing more light to come from the headlights.
Ah, ok thanks. I was wondering how that worked. The pic they showed on the retrofit source only showed a bulb with one filament and on other sites I saw bulbs with two. I need the high beams for inspection so that is good! I still haven't decided if im spending the $280 on the kit + the cost of new headlights or saving the money for some ground controls. I was driving around tonight thinking it would be nice to be able to see what's in front of me, but I want moar lower too!!
Old 11-11-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

why replace you stock headlights for the mini kit. get the moto projectors and DDM tuning hids there $35 bucks.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W so $155 for everything.
Old 11-11-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Ddm hids ftw
Old 11-12-2012
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by lowlife9
why replace you stock headlights for the mini kit. get the moto projectors and DDM tuning hids there $35 bucks.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W so $155 for everything.
I was only going to replace the stock headlights because the lenses look like crap. I did a headlight restoration which made it look a lot better but they are starting to change color again. I was going to pick up a new set of OE style to replace them and while I was at it retrofit them with the HID's.

$155 for everything is nice!! I remember seeing ddm tuning in my research. Is a $35 HID kit really going to hold up? Are HID kits just overpriced to begin with and its not as much "you get what you pay for" like it is with other car parts.
Old 11-12-2012
Registered!!

all plug and play kits are made in china so yes the cheapest is best. the DDM have a lifetime warranty so that helps. my DDM kit is still going over almost 2 years now.don't bother with after market headlights because the UV coating on them are horrible and they will start to sun damage10 times faster then OEM. you need to redo your stock lights and seal them with plastic headlight sealer then wax on top or get some Lamin-X.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

my $35 ddm ballast are still running after 5 years
Old 11-12-2012
Prelude Owner

my $35 ddm ballast are still running after 5 years
5 years is a long time for $35 HID's!!! Thats good enough for me.

all plug and play kits are made in china so yes the cheapest is best. the DDM have a lifetime warranty so that helps. my DDM kit is still going over almost 2 years now.don't bother with after market headlights because the UV coating on them are horrible and they will start to sun damage10 times faster then OEM. you need to redo your stock lights and seal them with plastic headlight sealer then wax on top or get some Lamin-X.
Cool, I will get a ddm kit then. I am thinking I am going to need the 9003 low beam kit, and my moto projectors will plug into the ddm ballast for the high beams. Is my thinking correct?

As for the headlights, is there something that can restore them back to OEM quality? The restoration kit I used did a good job but it didn't look brand new. Maybe there is something stronger that can get them looking better. I never heard of that Lamin-X stuff, so I think I will definitely get that. I was thinking if there is nothing to get the ones I have back to the OEM shine then maybe I can get the OE style ones and put the Lamin-X on them so that they will last longer. Thanks for all the help.