7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

In Need of AC help....an AC expert of sorts

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bsgray11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation In Need of AC help....an AC expert of sorts

Ok I own a 2001 honda civic lx 4 door, I noticed the ac was warm..so i charged it. lasted a couple days so i bought a can of ac die/refridgerant. noticed i had a leak from the condensor so i replaced it..lasted 3 days, so i bought another can of die/refridgerant..noticed the discharge hose( hose that connects to top of condensor and outside port of ac compressor) was leaking where the rubber met the aluminum. bought one from honda replaced it. air lasted a week then started blowing warm again. so i recharged it and only lasted a day so i then bought another can of ac die/refridgerant and i dont see the die coming out anywhere so im asuming it could be the evaporator core...but jesus what is causing it to continually to leak i am no ac expert, ive swapped many civic/accord camry motors..mechanically inclined and work on these in my spare time, but i cant figure out what is going on with this ac system how can it keep leaking did i do something to cause it? the cars ac didnt work when i got it not sure how long it was out, assume at least a year. can anyone shed some light here?
Old 06-11-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In Need of AC help....an AC expert of sorts

All the dyes I see are UV Fluorescent....Get a good blacklight, park in a dark garage, and start looking.
Some of the blacklight dye tracing LED light kits come with yellow glasses to enhance visibility (because there aren't true UV wavelength LEDs, only near-UV), but if you use a TRUE UV light you shouldn't really need the yellow filter.

You could use soapy water and hose it down, look for bubbles.

You could use a freon sniffer (electronic leak detector).
Old 06-12-2012
2001 Civic LX Sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biscuit will become famous soon enoughBiscuit will become famous soon enough
Re: In Need of AC help....an AC expert of sorts

Look for wet spots at all hose/line connections and do not forget the compressor shaft seal.