7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Honda dealership sent me a Savings card.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about
Honda dealership sent me a Savings card.

Yep its good for 500$ But heres the catch, the card only works for 10% of what you buy. So say you buy a car part for 100$ you get 10$ off with the card. Expires at the end of this year. Can be used for Service Parts or Accessories.

Anyone else got this card?
What should I get?
What would you get? :O
Old 01-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Honda dealership sent me a Savings card.

Start with the factory accessories you don't have and anything that's worn out.

Last edited by lazlong; 01-14-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-14-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

I didn't get this card. Did they just randomly send it to you?
Old 01-14-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2002ExCivic
Yep its good for 500$ But heres the catch, the card only works for 10% of what you buy. So say you buy a car part for 100$ you get 10$ off with the card. Expires at the end of this year. Can be used for Service Parts or Accessories.

Anyone else got this card?
What should I get?
What would you get? :O
It's a dealership thing, not Honda. I'd even bet their prices start out at higher than MSRP.
How much more will you save by buying parts from Majestic off of the internet?
Old 01-14-2012
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

they did send it to me randomly. I went in to get a few things checked out like seat belts and what not, and they are saying that this is a thank you gift. They are actually the Honda owned dealership, not the random Smith Honda or Crawlson Honda. That means that their prices are msrp. after shipping and all that jazz it would probably turn out to be similar to getting parts off majestic.
Old 01-14-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2002ExCivic
they did send it to me randomly. I went in to get a few things checked out like seat belts and what not, and they are saying that this is a thank you gift. They are actually the Honda owned dealership, not the random Smith Honda or Crawlson Honda. That means that their prices are msrp. after shipping and all that jazz it would probably turn out to be similar to getting parts off majestic.
Gee, did you buy a car there recently or something? Good customer perk? Or maybe you are a long lost customer they are trying to woo back into good graces?

Do the math on Majestics parts prices. They sell to you at roughly 10% over dealer cost, the same as what I can get parts for with the employee discount at work.
10% off of list price is higher than 10% over dealer cost.

04 Civic cabin filter: 80292-S5D-A01
Majestic: $10.69/7.48
eStore $10.97 (current actual list price, I checked).
Majestic is making all of ninety cents on that one filter at their price, if that is what they will sell it at right now.

Anyway, the math. Take 10% off of 10.97. Add sales tax too.
Compare that to 7.48.
Now make the stakes higher. Pick a more expensive part.
Majestic is still the better deal (not including shipping, so you have to consider that on your own).
Old 01-14-2012
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

You defray the shipping by buying several parts at once. Play with the shipping calculator, first item is $10-20 S+H but it's only a couple more dollars when you add another part.
Old 01-14-2012
Registered!!

what about services?
Old 01-15-2012
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldnt use it on services if they gave me 99% off. But 10% off is pretty awesome.

Personally if I had the money I would stock up lol

OEM oil filters
cabin filter
air filter
few crush washers
I need some broken piece in my dash
all pieces to rebuild my driver seat so it dont rock (Pray that it last longer then a few months)
I would also like to replace my boots on my front shocks because I am **** like that
other random fluids like atf and mtf fluids for both my cars

Stock up on whatever YOU need lol this is what I need

I find http://www.bernardiparts.com the cheapest. But thats just me, I also get my parts pretty quick usually 3 days max as long as its in stock.
Old 01-15-2012

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
I find http://www.bernardiparts.com the cheapest. But thats just me, I also get my parts pretty quick usually 3 days max as long as its in stock.
Hmmmm. They want $8.03 for the same filter as above. A hair more than 20% over cost.

/Just mathing. Too early for this.
Old 01-15-2012
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

What do you mean 20% over cost. Bernardi is cheaper either way I believe?
Old 01-15-2012

Majestic $7.48< Bernardi $8.03 Simple, no?

I'm figuring using actual dealer cost on part number 80292-S5D-A01
IDK what cost would have been when Majestic made their prices but it may be a bit old, since their list price is lower than actual MSRP right now.
10% over is 7.24
15% over is 7.56
20% over is 7.90
23% over is 8.09
Old 01-15-2012
Registered!!

I see what your saying. I found many parts cheaper at bernardi. But I guess not all are.

I hate paying shipping on parts usually kills the low cost. But better then local dealers.
Old 01-15-2012

It pays to shop around.
Old 01-15-2012
Registered!!

the shipping is what I was talking about previously. It kills the low cost, in effect voiding shopping online.