7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got an issue here need a little advice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road
Got an issue here need a little advice.

Been noticing a little concerning issue lately. I pulled my ignition coils out to change the plugs and I have noticed that plug two and four have what appears to be an excessive amount of carbon build up all over there shats. The plugs are not terribly dirty but they are slightly carbon covered. research has shown here in the forum that the fuel air mixture is causing the carbon build up as not all of the fuel is being consumed in the combustion process. However it troubles me that only two coils and plugs are suffering this issue and not all four. Upon closer inspection the coils in question have a significant burnt smell to them and are slightly darker in color than the other two. What could be causing this and what can or should I do to fix it?
Old 08-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Got an issue here need a little advice.

maybe small oil seepage from the tube seals? its normal for them to look old. if theres liquid, its prolly a leak. if the car runs fine, i wouldnt care.
Old 08-19-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road
Re: Got an issue here need a little advice.

Ok, oil seepage huh. Alright, the car runs good but I was just a little worried that it may lead to a larger more aggressive issue in the future. I had a Mitsubishi some time ago and I pressure washed the engine, anyhow, it led to a smoldered plug but the engine started just fine and I drove that bitch down the road on three cylinders. The smell of burnt eggs was horrible. Im not getting a smell now and there is no power loss but I thought I should be a little worried.
Thanks