7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TYC's and Morimoto Mini's

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
TYC's and Morimoto Mini's

So i've read a couple threads and after realizing that the morimoto mini's were a lot cheaper than i expected, that instead of putting HID's in a halo projector housing that i would just stick to OEM blacked out headlights with morimoto retrofit since it wouldn't require any modification.

But i would rather retrofit a TYC headlight so i was wondering if any modification was required for TYC's with morimoto mini's. If there is then i'll probably save myself the time and money and use it else where.
Old 01-30-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TYC's and Morimoto Mini's

i dont know anyone who has done it. the tyc adjusters might line up, but it would still be a pain to aim them. in stock housing, aiming is easy with the stock adjustments. the easiest way is morimoto in oem housing if you want least amount of work and no custom stuff.
Old 01-31-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Alright i guess i'll just do it in stock housing, also do you know what size CCFL halo ring i'd need? And is there a DIY for the halo rings because i don't know how to put them in
Old 01-31-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldnt bother, they are not reliable and you will have to open everything just to throw it out when it fails.
Old 01-31-2011
Registered!!

Aw damn, i've always wanted halo's. You win some you lose some, thanks
Old 01-31-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

My CCFL angel eyes are mounted with 3m double sided tape.. lol
Old 01-31-2011
Registered!!

Are they working fine? And how long have you had them assuming they haven't burnt out :P
Old 01-31-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

how long have I had them.. lol.. They sat around for years because my work schedule didn't really permit me ripping my headlights open.. I think I got around to putting 'em in.. last year april-ish? And they're working fine still to this day. In my sig, click the "her lights" link. Scroll down to post 5, and you can see 'em lit up in pics 3 and 4
Old 02-01-2011
Registered!!

Wow lol, at least they still worked when you put them in! They do look pretty nice, and you just used 3m tape to put them in? I'm getting it wasn't too hard to connect
Old 02-04-2011
Registered!!

mc670 is an unknown quantity at this point

does it matter what kinda of hid ballest you use?..and would you need a relay harness? Im thinking about doing this to the stock lights on my '05.
Old 02-04-2011
Premium Member

yeah ballast has to match the bulb you use. so if you go with d2s, you need d2s ballast. if you go with the h1, you can use most aftermarket ballast with amp connector. and you need a new relay harness, stock wires are too thin to support hid.
Old 02-05-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

morimito > tyc

anyday.
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

mc670 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah ballast has to match the bulb you use. so if you go with d2s, you need d2s ballast. if you go with the h1, you can use most aftermarket ballast with amp connector. and you need a new relay harness, stock wires are too thin to support hid.
Im a bit of a noob when it comes to this hid stuff.. whats a d2s? a diffrent type of bulb. I'll be going with H1 bulbs.. probably 6000k if i decide to do this. In theory i guess i'd need this..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/XENON-LIGHT-HID-C...item4151f418ae

and this?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HID-Fuse-Relay-Ha...item3cb4306243

Sorry if im wrong and highjacking the thread.. if i am wrong can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 02-05-2011
Premium Member

yeah d2s is oem bulb size. if you use h1, pretty much any aftermarket ballast with amp connectors will work for it.
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

Do you need a relay harness if it's 35 watt?
Old 02-05-2011
Premium Member

yes. the problem is not stable running, its the initial high amp draw for the first few seconds that can fry the stock thin wiring.
Old 02-06-2011
Registered!!

Can i just pick all these up on ebay or is there a better place? I'm going to be spending like $200 for retrofit i didn't want to spend too much more on headlights xD
Old 02-07-2011
Administrator
Administrator

A retrofit is the way to go.. I ran with the ghettofied PnP kit in halogen projectors for a while.. The light output in a retro is SOOO much better, and I'm even rocking a "shitty" HID retro.. by shitty, I mean an HID projector with a lower light output than others
Old 02-07-2011
Premium Member

you should try the osram CBI bulbs people are talking about on hidplanet. 5000K and same brightness as other oem bulb. most users report its even brighter and much whiter. seems to fare well in most projectors (esp the japanese ones like TL, tsx, s2k, etc).
Old 02-08-2011
Registered!!

5000k is pure white isn't it? I need a hint of blue do they come in 6000k?
Old 02-08-2011
Premium Member

philips ultinon 5800k then