7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stipster is an unknown quantity at this point
Help!!!!

Ok im new for the site and im not sure where to rele post this, but my 04 civic is acting wierd these past two days, The day it started was friday morning when i left to go to work neither my wipers and or hood pisser were working, and well i finally got my wipers to work after work when i got home, but now the pissers are still not working, I tried pullin the blue lid on the resevoir for the washer fluid and the long white plastic piece seems to be stuck and wont allow for me to remove the thing like i use to be able to do

any ideas or help is apprechiated thanks
Old 12-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help!!!!

can you hear the motor running when you hit the wiper fluid ??? it could also be a pinched or broken line for the fluid chek the lines also check fuses.
Old 12-19-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Cheap washer fluid (that the dealer most likely waters down further) will freeze up. If you here the pump running when attempting washer leave it be until it warms up and it should work.

You can get better quality, lower freezing point fluid I had some last winter.
Old 12-19-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol yeah there is nothing for the stick to get stuck on, unless the fluid is frozen^ and always get the winter blue stuff thats good to -20C or lower.
Old 12-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

omg your fluid is frozen. hahahaha. thats the first thing i thought of too. the reason the white long tab isnt pulling out is because its in the middle of a big brick of ice. you can either wait for it to warm up, or remove your bumper, and heat it up with a blowdryer until its liquid, then just keep spraying it out to drain it(thats what i would do) because the last thing you want is the stuff to freeze up and expand and break the flimsy plastic fluid container. get some good stuff in there asap.

where i live (in canada like you) blue/pink fluid (-20c) is used for summer, green fluid is used for fall (-40c) and yellow fluid is used for winter (i think -60c).
Old 12-19-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol canada he should know better. will it even get above freezing the rest of the winter?
Old 12-19-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

you get the few weeks at a time where it warms up, but when it gets cold, it gets cold. its been nasty in the west where i am for the past few weeks, but even through the mildest winter weather with plus temperatures id never trust the crappy fluid. the crappy blue/pink stuff is like 2-3$ per jug and the green or yellow stuff is like 4-5$.
Old 12-20-2009
Registered!!

Yeah, well I always buy the Yellow (winter) Washer Fluid for the car, and the wipers started working for me friday night and all of saturday, and then when i got in the car this morning they werent, Im thinking maybe a bad ground wire somewhere?, and I would love to pull the bumper off to check out the Washer fluid resevoir but I dont have anywhere warm
Old 12-20-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure about the wipers, here is the schematic. Intermittent issues are no fun nor is not have wipers.
Attached Files
Old 12-20-2009
Premium Member

the wiper switch not working in the cold is a common problem, usually its the switch thats at fault and not the wiper motor. if it warms up, i bet they would work like normal again.
Old 12-27-2009
Registered!!

I did get the hood pisser's to work had to drain out the fluid i added and run 2 jugs of hot water thru it to warm the pump up, and the wipers work unless its a rele cold morning
Old 12-27-2009
Registered!!

so it all works now? make sure the system is completely drained of any water, and make sure youre only using yellow (green is ok too) washer fluid. dont mix any water in and dont use any pink/blue.
Old 12-27-2009
Premium Member

wow its backwards in usa lol. blue is the super low temp stuff, green is for above freezing temps.
Old 12-27-2009
Registered!!

yea sounds like it. we have pink stuff that people use during the summer (same rating as the blue stuff) except its designed to get rid of bug guts way easier. best stuff to use during summer if you use the highway a lot.
Old 12-27-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I use rain X in the winter. Special stuff though, it's called De-Icer... it does not freeze up on your windshield like the regular crap does. I think it's rated for -60...
Old 12-28-2009
Premium Member

i need to get some rain-x window wax again, that stuff is great but prolly wont go on in the cold.
Old 12-28-2009
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

No it won't. If you read the instructions there is actually a very specific temperature that you have to apply it in, and out of the sun of course.
Old 12-28-2009
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

i use rain x also. the orange kind. i live in texas so idk what the temp rating is on it. i never checked
Old 12-29-2009
Whachya lookin at?

I wouldn't go by colour nowadays for temp rating as they seem to vary so much. The jug is pretty clearly labeled as to what temperature it's rated for. A much safer bet than colour. But yea the rain X is the best as far as I know.
Old 12-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Rain-X is Orange in color correct?

To the original poster- Make sure your resiviour did not crack since your fluids froze.
Old 12-30-2009
Whachya lookin at?

^ Good call... Pouring boiling hot water on top of ice in a plastic container will usually have some consequences. The rain X i use I THINK i s yellow... I can't remember now.
Old 01-03-2010
Registered!!

My only problem now is the squirters are suirting at the bottom of the windshield instead of the center, so when im driving its hard to clean them unless I come to a dead stop, can the squirters be adjusted up??

Also the resevoir does not seem to have any crack in it from pouring hot/warm water into it to help thaw what ever was frozen

Last edited by Stipster; 01-03-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Mine does the same thing, especially on the highway when the speed of the vehicle pushes the fluid towards the windshield. If there is a way to adjust it I'd love to know as well.
Old 01-04-2010
Premium Member

you can use a needle inside the squirting hole to raise or lower the spray pattern.
Old 01-04-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Hmm... Can't believe I didn't think of that... lol.. probably a good idea not to do it when it's frozen?
Old 01-04-2010
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

sticking a needle in there could possible puncture something. This neat tool works like a charm!

Old 01-14-2010
Registered!!

why do i never get email notifications even tho i set if for that, where would one get a tool like that??
Old 01-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

I'm sure if your careful you don't need the special tool. Just don't stick it in further than you need to.
Old 01-14-2010
Registered!!

lol alright, ill wait for a somewat warmer day tho b4 i try to aim them so i dont take the chances in them breakin, also still on the colder days my wipers still dont like working lol, but the squirtes do
Old 01-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Here in Canada, at Canadian Tire we have some frame less windshield wipers and they are just awesome. I'm trying to think of what they are called............ I can't think of it... but they are frame less. I find the most important thing is to clean them off before going for the drive...

Just checked the website they are called "Reflex", and are super expensive and you cannot change just the rubber... I still use em lol.