7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

Yeah, keep those screws off, you dont need them. They only create a problem when its time for you to change your brakes.
Old 08-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

some pics of fog retro. its easy just buy bmw aftermarket projector fogs on ebay and reuse the oem trim pieces. and use oem screws and some wire ties.

Old 08-25-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

can you make me something like this? (R8 light mod)

http://www.cincitydesigns.com/

were would you get the materials ( the light bar) at?
Old 08-25-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the problem with putting led in the headlight is it will not last very long due to heat issues. most of those designs they did are for show only. they have driving light led bars already that can substitute headlights, just search for xmitter bar.

http://www.visionxoffroad.com/products/led/xmitterbar/

if you want basic show led components for sticking somewhere, check besthongkong.com light bars you can cut to size. they are pretty nice.

Last edited by gearbox; 08-25-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2008
Registered!!

firetyphoon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey gearbox just wondering how do i get off my passenger fender? i know theres 2 bolt screws under the hood and i think just one behind the door am i supposed to take the door off or something? Andd will a 2002 Coupe fender fit my 01 Sedan??
Old 08-25-2008
Premium Member

you should be able to get it off without removing the door, there are also some hidden plastic clips holding it on. most of mine broke from being old and fell down inside lol. so they should be easy to break. i also think youre gonna have to take the bumper off, and possibly the headlamps, since theres a fender bolt somewhere in there either shared with the headlamp or next to it.
Old 08-25-2008
Registered!!

Ohh no wonder I didnt take out the bumper n headlight,, but do you know if a 2002 passenger fender will fit my 01 sedan?? I think it does but not 100% certain?
Old 08-25-2008
Registered!!

bryantiscool is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
you should be able to get it off without removing the door, there are also some hidden plastic clips holding it on. most of mine broke from being old and fell down inside lol. so they should be easy to break. i also think youre gonna have to take the bumper off, and possibly the headlamps, since theres a fender bolt somewhere in there either shared with the headlamp or next to it.
theres a bolt next to the door and one under where the pinch weld is
you need to unscrew the plastic bracket where the front bumper clicks into and pull that bracket off
then the 2 up top where the hood closes
2 screws at the bottom of the fender lining

that SHOULD be all the screws
ALSO, take off the plastic holes that are on the old fender and put them into the new one
EX: the 2 bolts up top have plastic clips and the 2 screws at the bottom of the fender lining have plastic clips
dont think i forgot any, but you should take off the front bumper and headlights so that the new fender wont get scratched or scratch the headlights
did mine yesterday but didnt pay attention much
Old 08-25-2008
Premium Member

does anyone know if fender from coupe and sedan are same? passwordjdm says its different. ill check www.hondaautomotiveparts.com later for the part numbers.
Old 08-26-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
does anyone know if fender from coupe and sedan are same? passwordjdm says its different. ill check www.hondaautomotiveparts.com later for the part numbers.
they seem the same
cant think of what would be different
maybe mounting holes?
Old 08-26-2008
Registered!!

ok I thought the same but i was just being sure, cuz this guy down in NC said he got a New Honda factory primed passenger fender for $70 for a coupe i was just checking if it would fit, i dont like buying things and then it doesnt work
Old 08-26-2008
Registered!!

VicBNimble is an unknown quantity at this point

Gear, I have searched all over the suspension threads and haven't found an answer to my question, maybe you know... Does an 05 LX Special Edition coupe come with a factory rear sway?
Old 08-26-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

my guess is no^ because its an LX.

just a guess though, why dont you just look?
Old 08-26-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
why dont you just look?
that is a very wise answer

vicbnimble...do you know what a rear sway looks like and where it is located?
Old 08-26-2008
Premium Member

lol its the black bar in the rear of the car with the curve in it, goes across from one side to the other over the muffler. just look cause ihni. its right below the evap air filter

Old 08-26-2008
Registered!!

VicBNimble is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel like a douche. Low and behold, my car has one. Thanks guys.
Old 08-26-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

Ha Ha Ha!!!
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

does anyone sell an aftermarket crank that is built for the k1 rods, wiseco pistons?
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

Jollibee is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there are a lot of tutorials on how to make your own CAI's, but i was curious on the specs of an AEM CAI (Like the measurements and stuff i need) so i can do it myself. I drive a 99 civic ex coupe. If you can help thanks!
Old 08-27-2008
Premium Member

i dont really like cai and have never owned one, but if it never rains where you are, prolly not a problem. there is really no set shape, you can make whatever fits in the engine bay. alot of people use heat resistant plastic pipe, try not to go too big cause you will lose speed, also make sure it is super smooth inside. try not to make any hard 90 degree bends unless you have to. but theres lots of ways to make your own.
Old 08-28-2008
Registered!!

Dudun will become famous soon enoughDudun will become famous soon enough

How about a new flip flop trunk tutorial? All old DIYs are dead.
Old 08-28-2008
Registered!!

under is an unknown quantity at this point

hi. hope you can help me with my messed headlight wiring.

Since i don't know how to retrofit my OEM headlights with projectors, i just bought a higher wattage halogen bulb. After days of studying how to make my own headlight harness, i had finally made my own.
all of the wiring in the harness was ok. 1 relay for the low beam and 1 relay for the hi beam.

85 for ground, 86 for the switch, 30 to battery and 85 to the bulbs.

All the wiring was ok except for 1. I accidentally switched the hi beam wire going to the harness with the ground.

When the harness is installed, the hi beam is activated while i was in the low beam. and when i turn the switch to hi beam, the headlights go off.

now i removed the harness and returned to the oem wiring.

The untouched h4 socket works fine but the one which i attached my harness too was very dim. the h4 bulb's brightness is as equal as my corner lights.

I already checked the fuse box and there were no melted fuse. tried removing the 10amp fuses trying my luck to get the headlights disconnected but it seems that its not the 10amp fuse.
I really need your advice.
Old 08-28-2008
Registered!!

drivlikustoleit is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright gearbox, I have checked the forum and found nothing on this problem/ DIY. If you know where I can find it on here, please post the link, post your own DIY... whatever you can do to help is appreciated. With that being said, I am trying to replace my CV shaft tomorrow. People have tried explaining what needs to be done but honestly I think they're talking out their a$$es since they don't own civics. Are there any special tools I need? I was told there's a huge socket I'm going to need... any idea what size? How about replacement parts other than the shaft. I know that sometimes it is recommended you replace certain nuts, clips, etc. when you remove them. Any special grease or any grease at all that I'm going to need? Sorry for all the questions, but I definitely don't wanna screw this one up. Let me know if you can help me out... Thanks

P.S. My automotive lingo is subpar, so any pics you can provide would be key as well. Also, it's the left side I am working on, and I have an '03 sedan, manual if any of that helps or makes a difference.

Last edited by drivlikustoleit; 08-28-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2008
Premium Member

for flip flop trunk, i wanna do it too but never found a good diy. im not sure what it involves so ill let you know when i find something.

for the headlights, usually if its really dim, a ground is not working properly or you maybe messed up one of the wires. i would avoid all the extra work trying to figure out which wire got fried and just make (or buy) a good harness and bypass the stock one. suvlights.com i know sells plug and play harness, or just try and make your own again. it seems like you know how to do it, just try again. the wire colors for h4 plugs are here: left side, red/yel is 12v common, red/wht is LO, and red/blu is HI. right side, red is 12v common, red/wht is LO, and red/blu is HI. now let me explain what this means. its a backwards system, meaning that the 12v wire stays hot and provides power when both the lo and hi beam is used. it is like constant power. when only the lo beam is used, the 12v wire is hot, and the LO wire becomes a ground. this allows only the lo beam to stay on. the HI wire becomes hot, thus keeping the hi beam off because it doesnt have a ground. when you flip on the hi beam, 12v wire is hot, and the HI wire becomes a ground so only the hi beams work. the LO wire becomes hot, and keeps the lo beam from working since there is no ground for it.

for cv shafts, its alot of work from what i know. ive never actually done it, but you may need air tools to get that big bolt off. and some force pushing the new axle in. my advice is buy a brand new one (not remanufactured), and it will come with everything ready to install, boots and grease and all. straight swap. now i would recommend the honda manual cause it gives you all the torque values. very important to follow that. and you should be able to reuse the stock hardware unless one of the clips or something is broken. goto advance or kragen to order one if its not is stock. autozone is suck.
Old 08-29-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

the big socket is a 32mm...it is the nut in the center of the rotor that is attached to the axle
Old 08-29-2008
Registered!!

str8t_dominican is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey where would I be able to find the guide to repin my cluster harness back to the oem one for a 2002 civic lx?? Thanks
Old 08-29-2008
Premium Member

just work backwards 03 ex is new style, 04 vp is old style.

Old 08-30-2008
Registered!!

do you know if ep3 seats will fit in an em2. if so, any trimming needed?
Old 08-30-2008
Premium Member

they will, you just have to widen one of the bolt holes. three of the four fit perfectly. its a very easy swap and alot of people only use the three bolts. but its not hard to drill out the 4th one so it will line up. otherwise its in the wrong spot by just a lil bit. same for rsx seats (cloth or leather).
Old 08-31-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by bryantiscool
do you know if ep3 seats will fit in an em2. if so, any trimming needed?
you dope....just text me stuff like this. I can help you put them in if you pick a set up

Quick Reply: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!