7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pricing ideas for Brakes + Shocks 03 Si

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stimulisRK is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Pricing ideas for Brakes + Shocks 03 Si

I'm looking at an 03 Si and it's gonna need Shocks, Rotors, and a Wheel Bearing.

I'm trying to give the guy an offer based on what the shocks, brake work, and bearing will cost me after I buy it, because it'd be nice if he had all this done already.

Can you give me an estimate what all those parts will cost? Just the parts, not labor. My uncle is my mechanic. I'm looking on all these mass warehouse parts websites, and getting all different prices and I dont really trust them to begin with. Sorry if this is a dumb question, new with all this stuff haha.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Pricing ideas for Brakes + Shocks 03 Si

First off, do you have a Canadian Si?

If you go to dezod.com and use the forum discount code you can get brakes and rotors for $104 plus shipping.

Struts and shocks will be around $350 - kyb gr-2 or tokico hp are both excellent choices.

A wheel bearing should be $40-50
Old 07-09-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
First off, do you have a Canadian Si?

If you go to dezod.com and use the forum discount code you can get brakes and rotors for $104 plus shipping.

Struts and shocks will be around $350 - kyb gr-2 or tokico hp are both excellent choices.

A wheel bearing should be $40-50
No not the Canadian, its the EP3 hatch.

It already has lowering springs. Will that affect my choices in shocks?
Old 07-09-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

since you're in upstate NY, you can prolly save on shipping from dezod by picking up from them. They're in Buffalo. Their shipping prices do kinda suck, but I've had nothing but good experiences with that company. However, they do have a limited selection on their site, since they catered specifically to the 01-05 civic coupe/sedan for a while, but I'm sure if you call them, they'll be more than happy to oblige your order

Another place you can check is thmotorsports.com. Orders over $100 comes with free shipping, and they have discount codes all the time. Right now, 5offfive will get you 5% off retail price, and return customers get an automatic 2% off retail price. Their prices are pretty good, and again, I've had nothing but good experiences with that company as well.

How far are you lowered? It will affect your choices in shocks a bit, because lowering springs on stock shocks will cause them to wear faster and subsequently blow faster. If you're not lowered too much (say, up to 1.75 inches), tokico blues (hp) will do you well.

for the wheel bearing, you really can't go wrong with OEM, and I'd recommend hondaautomotiveparts.com for that. Sure, shipping may suck a bit, but you'd still be paying significantly less than what a dealer would charge you.
Old 07-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

If it has lowering springs then yes, you should base you shock choice on how low you are.

Tokico hp "blues" are good for under 1.8 inches, they have no dampening adjustment but are only around $375. I had these and liked them, gearbox also currently has them.

KYB AGX are good for probably 2 inches, maybe a little more and are a mid level strut with basic dampening adjustment. They're around $500. Sdaidoji has these, he autox on them and they seem to be holding up well for him.

Koni Yellow and Tokico D-spec are high end struts, with full dampening adjustment and will take basically anything you throw at them. They handle extremely well, but they're expensive, around $650-800. Sl33pyriceboy has koni's and pheet has d-specs, both have raved about how great they are.

For brakes, get brembo oem blank rotors and I'd recommend hawk hps pads. The brembo rotors are affordable and good quality, basically an oem replacement. Hps pads are better than oem quality and totally streetable, they're a little more money than cheapo pads at autozone but considering how long they last and how fundamentally important braking performance is they're worthwhile imho.

It's also a good idea to flush your brake fluid if you haven't done so recently, ate superblue is my preference.
Old 07-09-2011
Registered!!

Those prices you gave for the shocks, are those for all 4 or just 1?

Also, should I go 2 struts and 2 shocks? Or all struts or all shocks? I'm not really sure about suspension stuff. Its normally 2 struts up front, 2 shocks in the rear, right?