8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

manual into auto trans swap on 2013 honda civic 1.8 ex-l

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dakalpster is an unknown quantity at this point
manual into auto trans swap on 2013 honda civic 1.8 ex-l

Hello, I am new to the forums, for what im looking to do I figured this would be the best place to go to for some answer on what im trying to do. I would really appreciate any help and would like to thank everyone that is willing to help in advance. Anyways my girlfriend has a brand new 2013 honda civic ex-l automatic and i talked her into getting into autocross. After alot of convincing she tried it and loves it and is actually not to bad at it but the car is a dog because she wouldnt listen to me and get the si at the time she didnt want a clutch. What Im looking to do is make her car a clutch so that I can also do other things like run a flashpro and such. Please let me know how hard it will be, what all parts I will need etc. I know its alot to ask but if anyone could give me part numbers on the stuff that would be awesome either way any help would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea where to start. Thank you very much. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/i...es/vtec228.gif

Last edited by sdaidoji; 07-08-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: not installing a clutch, OP is trying to swap manual into a auto trans...
Old 07-05-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: clutch swap on 2013 honda civic 1.8 ex-l

Welcome

Not trying to be a dick here but seriously......If you want a car with a clutch-- sell that car and buy the car you really want.
Old 07-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Shouldn't she be able to put the car in 3 to keep in in third gear and under, to keep the RPMs higher?
Old 07-06-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

^ she could do that but it isn't going to make up for not having a manual trans.

Honda Part # - Civic Si (old or new), 5 Speed Civic (old or new).

She could buy a dedicated auto x car.
Old 07-06-2014
Registered!!

jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

yeah, overall it'd be much better to just get a car more well suited to the task.
Old 07-06-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

your auto trans have a clutch
Old 07-07-2014
Registered!!

Guys I'm not new to this there is a reason she has the car she got. I worked at the dealership and got her this car it was impossible to find there wasn't one in the United States. As you know the civic si"s are limited production these are even more limited than those it is a fully loaded ex-l with navigation. She wanted leather and heated seats but it was almost impossible to find one with auto let alone a clutch. Honda wouldn't make the car because the probability of is selling was 2% if she didn't buy it. I understand what your saying I wanted her to get an si to. Just please let me know your thoughts on how to do it not negative comments there is a reason I have an s2000.
Old 07-08-2014
Registered!!

Didn't think anyone was trying to be negative, just pointing out the simplest solution.

e-zone can be a little abrasive sometimes, but stick on the forum long enough and you will look forward to reading his posts, a lot of them are quite hilarious(when not directed at you lol)
Old 07-08-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakalpster
I worked at the dealership
Sales? Parts? Tech?

How about getting a parts car/donor vehicle?

Insurance auction: Find a compatible M/T car that was crashed from the rear and totaled.

Originally Posted by jordan1794

e-zone can be a little abrasive sometimes, but stick on the forum long enough and you will look forward to reading his posts, a lot of them are quite hilarious(when not directed at you lol)
Quiet you! LOL
Old 07-08-2014
Registered!!

As I said in the previous post it was nearly impossible to get the car brand new finding her car in a junkyard with what I need would be at thousand times harder than when I was looking for a parts s2000 and I know If it was me I would've just bought an si but like I said this is the car she wanted just trying to make it a clutch I have a pretty good idea of everything I need as I'm buying everything brand new oem from Honda I just wanted to know if anyone has done it before
Old 07-08-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

let's... get grammatically/mechanically correct here...

you want to swap an manual trans into an auto trans... not to get a clutch into an auto trans car (which already have one...)

Also, a 2013 is quite new. No one have done it in the newer cars.

what is needed, likely, based on older generation cars:
1) pedal assembly
2) manual transmission
3) shifter/linkages/center console
4) Possibly new ECU that handles the controls (auto trans have additional controls, cruise could be affected)
5) you might want to swap in a dash that does not have the gear indicators
6) etc, etc.

it was nearly impossible to get the car brand new finding her car in a junkyard with what I need would be at thousand times harder than when I was looking for a parts s2000 a
you really not a dealer mechanic, are you? ...
you just need a manual transmission that can be bolted to the engine the car have, do not need to be same model with an manual trans... recommend getting a different car if that is what you think...

Last edited by sdaidoji; 07-08-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2014

Re: manual into auto trans swap on 2013 honda civic 1.8 ex-l

I'd totally expect that doing what OP wants would blow the hell out of the 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty...... Probably void all the B-B warranty too if anyone figures it out and reports it to Honda.

But I've also heard of warranty being denied on cars for being driven on the track too. Don't get caught by anyone important LOL.

Anyone ever run a CVT at the tracks?
Old 07-08-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

oh, were the 2013 CVT's?
Old 07-08-2014

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
oh, were the 2013 CVT's?
'13 Accord 4 cylinder cars got the new CVT.
'14 Civic gets the new CVT.
Old 07-08-2014
Registered!!

It's a Honda who needs a warranty and yes the accords do have a shitty cvt. and no I never said I was a dealer mechanic I was a car salesman there but I work on my own vehicles and track my s2000 regularly has far as sd"s list goes that's what I was thinking with the addition of the new plastic that goes around the manual shifter and obviously the shifter itself. And for getting a parts car I realize it doesn't have to be the same exact one but first off it's extremely hard to find a clutch around here in that year being the majority produced were automatics second even if I could find a parts car like that even completely totaled for how new it is they would want a few thousand
Old 07-08-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

just.... give up calling it a clutch swap... where are you? not in US, i guess...
Old 07-08-2014
Registered!!

From Pa actually? What exactly would you guys call it then? Didn't know it was such a big deal if I called it a clutch swap better google the preferred term next time. Lol
Old 07-08-2014

Take whatever you think this project would cost in time and money......and triple it.

For poops and giggles I just looked up a new manual trans for a 13 Civic 1.8L. No clue how many external parts would be included with it.

Almost 2900 list.

top trans mount 160
Another 650 for the flywheel, pilot, some bolts, OE clutch parts, TO brg
Clutch hydraulics 360ish
shifter and cables 220ish
C+B pedal sets and misc parts 250
Didn't look up much of the small hardware on any of that.

Can't see what the differences are but the part numbers are different:
Axles are different
knuckles and LCAs are different,
you'll need bearings for the knuckles

I stopped there. I'm sure there'll be a lot more.
Wiring, ECM, etc.

-------------------------------------

Insurance companies auction their crap, don't they? Buy up a rear totaled SI.
Old 07-08-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

From Pa actually? What exactly would you guys call it then? Didn't know it was such a big deal if I called it a clutch swap better google the preferred term next time. Lol
just read what i did change the thread title...
saved you *some* time...

don't forget to read what ezone also posted above...