8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2006 Civic stolen and found how?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyfoam is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Civic stolen and found how?

A friend of mine had his 2006 Civic stolen a few weeks ago. He's driving in a rental and two blocks from his house and he sees his car parked on a street and calls the police. The police examine the car and were ready to file charges against him for filing a false police report! The police said there is no damage or tinkering of the ignition.

Now isn't possible for these crooks to get blank key fobs and code them? I am looking for an article that I could print out and give to my friend so he could show the police they have no clue what they are talking about.
Old 10-14-2011
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2006 Civic stolen and found how?

Most of these LEOs are lacking serious brain cells. Why would your friend report his car as stolen, go through the hassle of renting a car, then have the nerve to call the police again and report that he's found the car. What could your friend benefit from this?

BTW, was your friend drunk when he reported the car stolen? Maybe he forgot where he parked the car prior to reporting the car stolen...hahaha
Old 10-14-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

01+ civics are so easy to steal. all you need is your own ecu, lock cylinder, and key. it takes about 20 secs to pop the door locks with a coat hanger and window scraper, then maybe another minute to swap ecus and start the car up, all without even touching any of the systems in the car. now ofcourse this is the stealth way if they wanted to steal the car in good condition to be able to sell it. for a joyride, yes you just write down the VIN number of the car you want to steal which is printed on the front dash near the bottom of the windshield, go to your local honda dealer, and pay $50 for a new key to be made. locksmiths can do it now too since they have the technology. i know the dealer here has never even asked me for id or anything. i could steal cars all day long if i wanted to.
Old 10-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Dealer here won't do it without proof of ownership AND the vehicle. Locksmiths around here won't do it without proof too.

Factory scan tool can bypass the interlock.
Old 10-15-2011
FTP

Civic_Nightmare is an unknown quantity at this point

damn thats why when im parked in a sketchy area i remove a spark plug wire or 2 (from opposite ends so i dont get mixed up) and maybe a spark plug.
Old 10-15-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

^^ Dam, that's a whole lot of trouble. Just put a kill switch on it.
Old 10-15-2011
FTP

Civic_Nightmare is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lazlong
^^ Dam, that's a whole lot of trouble. Just put a kill switch on it.
its on my "to do list" after i replace my headgasket
Old 10-15-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Civic_Nightmare
...after i replace my headgasket
Ouch, sorry bro.
Old 10-15-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if i was really short on time and wanted to steal a newer civic, i would just call the dealer and pretend i need the immobilizer bypass code. they will look it up and tell me how to start the car with the original immobilizer in the car hehe. yeah i would be a dangerous person but i use my powers for good. if you really park in a bad area, unplug the plug wires and leave them loosely 'connected' so that it looks like they are still plugged in. disable your interior power lock switches too, it will make it exponentially harder to get in thru the door without breaking glass. power locks are the best invention ever for car thieves. and dont bother with those silly alarms that make noise. that is one of the easiest things for a thief to disable. pop the car door, open hood, 5 secs later they cut the horn wiring. less than 30 secs later, they found the starter cut relay circuit under the dash and hotwired it together, presto the alarm is gone. now they swap ecus and drive off. within a minute your car is gone.

oh and lazlong, phony car titles that will fool almost every keymaker are easy to make. esp since most ppl do not cover their vin number on the dash like they should.
Old 10-15-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Guys, don't give to many tips on exactly how to steal a car, we don't need to share those tricks publicly.

That said, thank god I have a conscience, because like Gearbox, I could steal cars all day, it's simple.
Old 10-15-2011
Premium Member

lol i did actually keep the main details out, and most people would not be able to walk into a dealer and get anything they want without question. if youve never seen any of these tricks done before, you will be shocked the first time you see it. its so easy yet most people would not even think of it. dont even get me started on the new cars where everything is controled by the keyless remote. push button start is even worse. you can literally steal a car and drive away without lifting a finger if you have the right electronic equipment.