8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

New to civic forums, a little bit about my civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spinks is an unknown quantity at this point
New to civic forums, a little bit about my civic

Ok people whats up just call me spinks. I drive an 06 silver honda civic coupe manual trans. I am only 15 but this is my car and I'm gettin it ready for when I have my license. It's a real nice car right now but my dad hit someone in the back of it. No dents in it at all just a few scrathes. We recently smoked the tailights and got rims from my brothers tiburon gt. I was gonna get a car bought for me but my parents really dont have the money so I might as well take this car. They made a deal with me that if I take this car they would take the money out of there pockets to put a turbo in it and get a really good sound system. I told them it would be in the neighborhood of $3,000. I'm not buyin a brand new turbo and a whole kit and stuff. I am paying less and puting it in myself with my brother and his buddy if all goes as planned. We have smoked the tailights and I've done some stuff on the interior, nothing much. Ill be buyin 70mm catback si exaust for it too thats the only new thing im getting for it because it sounds like a piece of crap and the exaust might help a little.
My personal opinion on this car is that it is a piece of crap. I really don't like it. It looks10 times better with the rims and tailights how they are but I really dont see any potential in this car. I am gonna try my best to make this car nice but it looks like its gonna take a lot of time. Does anybody on here have a silver 8th gen civic that looks any good? Please please post pics on this thread. I will have pics up later, I'm at my girlfriends right now and she doesnt have my pictures.

A few more things, this care is an lx I think. I really hate the gas pedal on this thing. Its a foot long and its attached to the floor, another bad thing about the pedal is, when you put the pedal down harder,doesn't go any faster like any other car would. This pedal is basically a throttle on throttle off kinda thing, is there anything I can do about this? It's also a pretty short clutch but it catches really well there are no signs of wear in the clutch which I was suprised to see. I want to get a racing clutch for it just because I think it would drive a lot better, I am the only one in my family who can drive that clutch without jolting the car a little bit every shift and it took a while to get used to. Anybody here have a racing clutch that drives better and/or a gas pedal that doesn't suck? Does an SI drive any better?

And lastly I want to know anything that is free or cheap to do to this car that will make it look nicer or drive better or even somehting that I have to pay for that is realy worth the money.
Thanks for the help.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCool is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New to civic forums, a little bit about my civic

I think I'm dumber after reading this thread...
Old 09-29-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to civic forums, a little bit about my civic

i hated the gas pedal too when i drove one. you may want to also check 8thcivic.com its forum just for the newer 06+ civics. and im sure there are lots of pics there too