8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Replacing Cracked Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greenleaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing Cracked Front Bumper

Hi everyone.

Recently I had a bit of a mishap on my mother's car. It was dark and I was driving on the freeway heading to the exit to go get some food. I was driving behind this truck that is the size of a Ford F150. I have to be behind him since I need to take the exit that is coming up (I couldn't cut him off since the exit was really nearby). As the truck was passing the exit, I was entering the exit and the truck was covering a lot of the roads in front of me, some dumb idiot didn't strap his mattress tightly and had it dropped right before the entrance of the exit. So the right side of my bumper ran it over since it took up more than half of the entrance of the lane. The result was nasty. I got this huge crack on the front bumper. The insurance doesn't cover for these things so I have to replace it out of my own money.

I was wondering, can this be fix? Or I REALLY have to replace the whole thing? I found some replacement parts and it's quite pricey. I searched around the forum and I haven't seen any thread similar to my problem besides the DIY thread on how to remove the front bumper.

I'm a student and I have two jobs. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of this problem without having to cash out so much money. What is the best solution to this problem? Suggestions please!

Old 04-21-2008
Registered!!

dcubed121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Replacing Cracked Front Bumper

That's a bad one man.

I dont know if it extends down past what you can see in the picture but you might want to go to a local body shop and see if they can bondo it to make it look right.
but whether that would be cheaper than the 210 plus labor i don't know.
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

marioz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Replacing Cracked Front Bumper

is that a scratch or a crack because from the picture it looks more like a scratch, if it is a crack it is repairable but i will tell u right now ( i work for a body shop) it will be cheaper to pick up another bumper and have it paint. if it is just scratched they can fix it and use some glaze not bondo. hit up a reputable shop and see what they say