8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2007 Civic SI 3rd gear news

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHallzy4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 Civic SI 3rd gear news

Someone is drinking the Honda juice a little too often. Apparently you don't work in customer service, nor should you be. This many people can't be driving the car wrong. There is clearly an issue.

To your statement about stop complaining, you wish your 02 shifted as nice...
If you paid what we paid for the car and you had the same issue, you'd be complaining too. Shut your face!
Old 02-18-2010
Registered!!

cat_doug is an unknown quantity at this point

This is pathetic. I'm a Honda guy and expected so much more from Honda on this issue. I have a 2007 SI and experiened the 3rd gear problem shortly after buying the car. Several trips to the dealer, replaced transmission fluid and just no traction with the dealer on this. I'm done with this now. In light of the Toyota recalls I can't help but thing Honda has lost their way. I cannot rely on my 3rd gear. Every time I drive my car I either have "crunch" shift into third but not snick-snick, **** into but can't get to 3rd so back off and give it another try or occasionally shift to third and have it pop out. This is crap my friends. I look at the new Consumer Reports all cars issue and low and behold Honda Civic SI 2007 transmission is a solid black - big trouble. Big trouble for me and what about resale value.
This is a supposed to be a sporty car...but what a load when you can't rely on getting into third. Bad deal Honda. Bad. Grow some ***** and make your peeps happy or at least fix the freakin' problem you are hell bent on ignoring. Shame on you. Shame on you.
Old 03-09-2010
Registered!!

HondaTuna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FoSho
wow...haha all I can do is laugh. I work at Honda as a service advisor & tech on the side. I've had these complaints before. I have test drove & inspected several brand new civics. I have found no issues what so ever. I've test drove over 100 miles on 1 paticular civic. Nothing. I couldn't get 3rd gear to pop out! I have even drove with several customers.....nothing happens as soon as I'm in the car!

I'd really like to see some more cars but right now I can't find anything. Honda should go get that guys car on the new report, strip the tranny appart, & when none of the parts come back as a manuf. defect I'm gonna laugh. It would be even more funny if the gears wear worn from improper driving. This is usually the case with all cases I've seen.

Just my 2 cents. Honda knows what they're doin!

They wanna see a messed up tranny, they should came for a ride in the turbo They would heard all kinda noises & shudders. Stop complaining I wish my 02 civic shifted as nice as a new one!
I just want to be the first one to say (since the rest of you are much nicer then I) that FoSho is ****TARD! I am so sick of you cocky, young ****ing mechanics that come on these forums and say **** that you wouldn't have the ***** to so to any one else besides your wive's that you go home and beat at night.

You're a logical cluster**** and your denial of this this issue is hilarious. Maybe if you keep denying it long enough you'll actually believe it.

I have 2007 SI, 53K miles, and it's been exhibiting this behavior since the first week I had it. When I test drove the car, it was already warmed (I bought it during January) and didn't notice much. When I got it home and it cooled down, the very first spin in it, I could tell something was off. The problem has gotten worse, and I have mine scheduled to be tested tomorrow, although I'm half temped to drop it off tonight let it sit and cool down in their lot so when they jump in it, they'll experience it too, I don't see any other choice.

Either way, little ***** like you who think you know it all, you're the reason why many of us hate dealerships, and can't stand mechanics. If you were smart, take a book out of the men who came before you and actually knew a thing or two about how to talk/handle customers.
Old 03-09-2010
Registered!!

rr.poole is an unknown quantity at this point

I can state for a fact that 3rd gear is a problem. I was having issues, mainly when the engine/transmission was cold. I talked to the service department about it, and per the usual, was advised that it would have to be duplicated before anything could be done. There was no 'recall', but the head of the service department did some research and there was some info in their system on the issue. So, I arranged an appointment, and the service department head agreed to do the test drive. I dropped off the night before. When the he did the test drive, he stated the first time he shifted into third, it popped right back out into his hand. So, they replaced 3rd gear at no cost to me. It's been about a year and a half since it was replaced and the transmission is still notchy, especially when cold, but I love the way it drives and still don't regret the purchase. My 2 cents worth!
Old 03-10-2010
Registered!!

timeshare24 is an unknown quantity at this point

New to the forum, but bought an 07 si brand new. Experienced the same 3rd gear problems around 11,000 or so miles. Dealership was unable to replicate and sent me packing. Fast forward to now - the car has less than 30k miles, and the problems persist. Is it possible by not addressing the 3rd gear issue that 2nd and 1st gears could consequently get damaged?
Old 09-28-2010
Registered!!

cat_doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 2007 Civic SI 3rd gear news

OMG so I was in for a "B" maintenance to my local dealer and just casually mentioned the 3rd gear problem. To my surprise they told me there was a TSB (technical service bulletin) on this. Holy Sh*t Batman! Apparently the TSB went out mid 2008...I have long stopped hitting the dealer on this and did not know. This should have been a freakin' recall! At any rate they were very nice and did the TSB.

The solution was free but the actual charge is about $1200 bucks. A serious fix. Pull the transmission, take it apart and replace the third gear set. Nice.

I am so happy. I was putting up with the issue for so long. With the TSB done it's like my car has a different profile. No more hesitation, crunch or what have you in third. It works now the way it was supposed to work. It's like my car driving experience had a huge upgrade. I love it. The TSB was awesome. It is too bad Honda didn't do a flat out recall - should have. I am one happy camper and actually with what I've had to put up with, I'm really glad Honda is feeling the pain of a 1200 dollar warrant fix!
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

rpmftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 2007 Civic SI 3rd gear news

Hello ppl

New to the forums here but not new to Honda or mods.

Just bought an 07 Si yesterday and I was WTF'ing on the way home when the 3rd gear popped out twice. So knowing it's not normal I ended up here reading about it.

The vehicle has 36k miles and aside from the gear issue everything else is perfect. It has a 100k/7yr bumper to bumper warranty and is certified. I'm going to mention this to the dealer and see what gives.

Gear issues aren't alien to hondas
Old 10-02-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I test drove one of these and this happened with the salesman in the car. I always floor the clutch when shifting.
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

link2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HondaTuna
I just want to be the first one to say (since the rest of you are much nicer then I) that FoSho is ****TARD! I am so sick of you cocky, young ****ing mechanics that come on these forums and say **** that you wouldn't have the ***** to so to any one else besides your wive's that you go home and beat at night.

You're a logical cluster**** and your denial of this this issue is hilarious. Maybe if you keep denying it long enough you'll actually believe it.

I have 2007 SI, 53K miles, and it's been exhibiting this behavior since the first week I had it. When I test drove the car, it was already warmed (I bought it during January) and didn't notice much. When I got it home and it cooled down, the very first spin in it, I could tell something was off. The problem has gotten worse, and I have mine scheduled to be tested tomorrow, although I'm half temped to drop it off tonight let it sit and cool down in their lot so when they jump in it, they'll experience it too, I don't see any other choice.

Either way, little ***** like you who think you know it all, you're the reason why many of us hate dealerships, and can't stand mechanics. If you were smart, take a book out of the men who came before you and actually knew a thing or two about how to talk/handle customers.
I could not agree more.

I stopped reading FoSho's posts after about his third one in this thread, when I realized he could barely put together two well constructed sentences.

If you barely have the decency to express yourself properly on an anonymous forum, I wonder how well you would deal with my $26,000 vehicle...
Old 10-06-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

haha did he just tell you its normal civic behavior?

Originally Posted by MelJ
I test drove one of these and this happened with the salesman in the car. I always floor the clutch when shifting.
Old 10-07-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Nope, but he still assumed I wanted the car after that. I came home and went online to check about this issue. I got a ton of hits about it. Not cool. I'll stick with what I have now.
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

si-kick is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought 07 Civic SI with 3rd gear problem on 12/30/10. Took it to dealer here in GA on 1/3/11. New 3rd gear and synchros being put in today (1/6/11). THEY MUST REPLICATE THE PROBLEM first though. Don't panic guys...just find a dealer that can replicate it!

Last edited by si-kick; 01-28-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

upset_si_owner is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so I just took my 2007 si to the dealer and they said I have to pay $3000 to rebuild my gearbox. I am so frustrated because it seems like so many people are having problems with this and Honda wants to take no responsibility for it. Has anyone had any luck dealing with this?