8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

06 Civic Ownders - Please Read - TSB for right front end noises

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kero is an unknown quantity at this point
06 Civic Ownders - Please Read - TSB for right front end noises

Guys / Gals,

I kinda have a friend who's friends with a Honda Service Center Service Manager.

I was explaining some of the problems I was having with my car since my original dealer found nothing on my car despite the noises.

To make a long story short, in may 06, there was a TSB released about front end right side noises such as clanks or clunks when hitting bumps.

Interestingly enough, honda says there is a problem with the SIDE MOTOR MOUNT and this is causing most of the noise on the front end right side of the car when hitting bumps and things like that.

I am giong to bring my car is maybe next week and have them look at it since they were honest enough to tell me about this TSB which my other dealership did not tell me.

I hope this helps some of you so you can get your problem fixed. I know for sure 100% my car makes a ton of noise on the front end right side to the point I don't drive with the radio off as the noise just annoyes me to much.

The guy told me it would only require the car to stay for one day and overnight.

FYI for everyone!!!
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Terry Wright is an unknown quantity at this point
response

It would not surprise me if my activity generated the TSB. Consumer Reports has been notified also.

An occasional clunk or clink is not an issue. I have those and with the new struts and subsequesnt work, those noises have lost their persistence. However, the motor mount noise is not negotiable as that is critical to holding the engine in the vehichle. With any rattle, they get worse since a rattle means a part is hammering on another part. So thanks Kero for amplifying my concern here.

good luck with your dealership and be the sentry for quality here. Honda can rise to the occasion.

Terry

---
Originally Posted by kero
Guys / Gals,

I kinda have a friend who's friends with a Honda Service Center Service Manager.

I was explaining some of the problems I was having with my car since my original dealer found nothing on my car despite the noises.

To make a long story short, in may 06, there was a TSB released about front end right side noises such as clanks or clunks when hitting bumps.

Interestingly enough, honda says there is a problem with the SIDE MOTOR MOUNT and this is causing most of the noise on the front end right side of the car when hitting bumps and things like that.

I am giong to bring my car is maybe next week and have them look at it since they were honest enough to tell me about this TSB which my other dealership did not tell me.

I hope this helps some of you so you can get your problem fixed. I know for sure 100% my car makes a ton of noise on the front end right side to the point I don't drive with the radio off as the noise just annoyes me to much.

FYI for everyone!!!
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Terry, I posted in some of your other posts that I myself have a metallic rattle in my front end as well but it's not as loud as the other noises. My wife even pointed it out to me when we were on quiet roads with a slightly rough surface.

My sound is like tin cans constantly hitting eachother.

If your activity generated this TSB, thanks (not meant in a bad way)
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

taken well :) :) :)

Kero,

Your activity is taken very well. You are hearing my tension and the fogginess of writing in print. I really mean thank you for your efforts. I am trying to determine if I can stay in a Civic. If few others post, you and I have a shot at either getting it fixed or moving into a different Civic.

So keep up the good work and thanks for your help.

Terry

===
Terry, I posted in some of your other posts that I myself have a metallic rattle in my front end as well but it's not as loud as the other noises. My wife even pointed it out to me when we were on quiet roads with a slightly rough surface.

My sound is like tin cans constantly hitting eachother.

If your activity generated this TSB, thanks (not meant in a bad way)
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

No sweat, and thanks for the praise This forum has great people, friendly and helpfull and of course, your comments are appreciated as well.

Writing does suck sometimes compared to a conversation which can do so much more, hehehe.

Oh, where was you manufactured. Mine was in canada. I hear the canadian models have more problems that other mfg'd else where.

Let's see what others have to say about all this.
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

manufacture origin

My Civic was manufactured in Ohio as I understand it.

watch the blog and wait - Kero write when you get done with your dealer visit.

Terry

---
No sweat, and thanks for the praise This forum has great people, friendly and helpfull and of course, your comments are appreciated as well.

Writing does suck sometimes compared to a conversation which can do so much more, hehehe.

Oh, where was you manufactured. Mine was in canada. I hear the canadian models have more problems that other mfg'd else where.

Let's see what others have to say about all this.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
Terry,
What model do you have? Im just trying to find out if this relates to all model civics, or just the 4 doors. I have had my coupe since April and havent noticed anything.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

'06 Civic Sedan - 4dr

Originally Posted by pico
Terry,
What model do you have? Im just trying to find out if this relates to all model civics, or just the 4 doors. I have had my coupe since April and havent noticed anything.
It's a '06 Civic Sedan 4 door. I have no information the coupe has the problem. Indeed I believe 3 out of 4 cars do not have the problem at all based on read about 200 web posting on the topic.

Follow the test I mentioned under Civic rattles and you will know definitively.

good luck now,

Terry
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

Darkk is an unknown quantity at this point
My '06 Civic EX does not exhbit this problem far as I know. It was made in 70% USA on May and rest in Japan, I'll have to look up the sticker to see where it was manfactured at. I bought this car towards the end of June so it's early to tell if it'll show any issues like that.

Darkk
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

good...

Originally Posted by Darkk
My '06 Civic EX does not exhbit this problem far as I know. It was made in 70% USA on May and rest in Japan, I'll have to look up the sticker to see where it was manfactured at. I bought this car towards the end of June so it's early to tell if it'll show any issues like that.

Darkk
It is my belief most are not having this problem. It is also my hope since Honda might exchange the Civic. The prospect of seeing this in every '06 Civic is not a fun thought. The problem showed up at 700 miles and I have seen complaint of the problem at 2,000 miles or so. These might be some markers for you. What is your mileage? Note the test I posted awhile back to find out whether you have the problem

Simply roll your windows down, turn off the radio and A/C, find a residential road where few cars and people are around, accelerate up to 18 mph or so, cut the rpms, and just listen. It is a tin-like metal to metal tapping sound associated with even the slightest ripple in the road.

good luck,