8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Locks & Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kero is an unknown quantity at this point
Locks & Radio Question

Guys,

I posted a newbie HI post and put some info that I did not realize should be here. Sorry for the double.

This friday I am picking up a 06 civic LX.

Everything looked good when I checked out the car, all white wrap was still on it and all interior parts had the clear plastic on floors etc.

The odd thing is that the stereo did not work and the door locks did not work, even with the key in and car started.

The salesman, very nice low pressure guy, told me car did not yet go to PID or PDI, pre delivery inspection or something like this.

I assume that means that car was recently delivered and that the door locks and radio thing is normal until they prep the car? Any comments on this? The car was not even inspected yet.

Oh, a side note. I did own a 86 civic SI and also an 86 LXi accord sedan. Both cars lasted well over 200,000+ miles. Both sticks as well.

I hope that make them like they used to.
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
the radio requires a security code the first time it is turned on after a battery is dis connected, in wich case at the time of the PDI (you pay like $80 dollars for this, but it is necessary) the code will be entered in the radio, and the door locks will be programmed... depending on the dealer, the pdi may not be that high but i know that a mechanic gets paid one hour labor for 20 min of work if he has the routine down... and an hour of labor at a dealership runs about 80 bucks now
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply, makes me feel better. About the money for PDI, they are getting a cashiers check on Friday from me so whatever that fee is, it's already in the price and they get not a penny more than the check.

No biggie I guess.
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kero
Thanks for the reply, makes me feel better. About the money for PDI, they are getting a cashiers check on Friday from me so whatever that fee is, it's already in the price and they get not a penny more than the check.

No biggie I guess.
from what i under stand osme companies also include the pdi in the delivery charge... the pdi includes (just for reference) removal of allthe white plastic, the interior is probably all covered in white also wich it will not be... anny factory accessories that don't come installed from the plant.. i.e. wheel locks etc. oil, all fluid levels and air pressure is checked, and it is test driven to be sure everything works
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for the info, you would think the salesman, great guy, would know of these things.
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point

This friday I am picking up a 06 civic LX.

Congrats! I picked up my EX yesterday. Such an awesome car! Your gonna love it!
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

I think so to, traded in an impreza 05 wagon, was also a nice car but the gas mileage was truely killing me, I was averaging between 19 and 21 city, argh!
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

I think so to, traded in an impreza 05 wagon, was also a nice car but the gas mileage was truely killing me, I was averaging between 19 and 21 city, argh!
relly? iget at lleast 23..... and if i was nice to that little pedal on the right, it would be a lot higher... and i'm modded......
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

Well, on my impreza I was a little harder on the right pedal than maybe others but even so, the mileage I was getting was hitting me hard in the wallet for such a small car.

I will miss her for now but maybe one day hop into a WRX wagon. Until then, my soon to be civic will be just fine. Thankfully the seat folds down as in the impreza sedan, no fold down seats at all.

I am still curoius what these lexan covers are people are referring to. Lights, fogs, etc and why they need them??
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Well, on my impreza I was a little harder on the right pedal than maybe others but even so, the mileage I was getting was hitting me hard in the wallet for such a small car.

I will miss her for now but maybe one day hop into a WRX wagon. Until then, my soon to be civic will be just fine. Thankfully the seat folds down as in the impreza sedan, no fold down seats at all.

I am still curoius what these lexan covers are people are referring to. Lights, fogs, etc and why they need them??
thye are just to protect your lights from rock chips.... if you do a **** load of highway driving, i recomend them.. or if you drive on a lot of country roads
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Hmmm, I am an avid camper and do hit some pretty rugged mountain passes & such, might be worth looking into.