Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

magnetic oil drain plug?

Old 03-29-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
magnetic oil drain plug?

what are your thoughts about magnetic engine oil drain plug? worth it, or useless. the trans has one and i always see sludge on it, but would it do anything for engine?
Old 03-30-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: magnetic oil drain plug?

i think it does help, because you do see little particles on it, however, i dont think its enough to actually do any good...

its jsut a "theory" type of thing IMHO.

i have one for my oil and its fun to see the little crap on it every 3-5k oil changes i do.
Old 03-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

I have one on the transmission, but I forgot to put my oil one on last time I got the oil changed. I want to see what can float around in there.
Old 03-30-2009
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I have proven this, But taking an old Hard drive taking it apart and using the magnet inside, at the bottom of the oilpain has gotten alot of debris in my pan. I have used it ever since i got my car
=P
Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

okay i got my passwordjdm plug already, the magnet is strong! but the bolt looks a bit smaller than what i remember. im hoping it fits. ill prolly swap it in the next few days hopefully without spilling too much oil
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

mad_ox1 will become famous soon enough

I think it is a smaller head on the bolt, but the threading is correct. I have the same set as you (I assume, got mine from password last year) and I'm fairly sure its a 14mm bolt, which I think is smaller than stock. However, like I said, no fitment issues for me.
Old 04-03-2009
Premium Member

cool so long as it fits and doesnt leak lol. so wait will the oem washers fit or do i need to get smaller ones like the one i think it comes with and where from?
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

I dont see why the OEM washers wouldnt work. It my flare out a bit, but it will still make a nice tight seal on the washer.
Old 04-03-2009
Premium Member

the new washer is much smaller than oem i just compared. theres hardly any metal lip sitting on the bolt surface when i tried oem big washer on the mag bolt. i dont think i feel safe doing that.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

shadymechanic is an unknown quantity at this point

Put the OEM on it. If the car didn't come fitted with it then it's probably the least of your worries.
Old 04-04-2009
Premium Member

installed, looks like the washer it came with was too small to fit over the bolt threads. what a fail. so i had to use oem washer and so far no leaks. i tried to center it on the bolt as best i could. took it for a drive and the engine feels faster without all the metal floating around. id say at least 5 hp gain haha.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough

Where'd you get it? Any specific website link?
/thanks
Old 04-05-2009
Premium Member

www.passwordjdm.com $20
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough

Thanks. So is passwordjdm.com the "official" jdm website?
/thanks
Old 04-05-2009
Premium Member

well sortof lol. they have some real stuff and some fake. just gotta know what youre looking for. example being, their expensive "jdm" foglights are the same ones on ebay that go for $30.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

haha alright thanks