DIY - Smoked Taillights for Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
DIY - Smoked Taillights for Sedan

Originally posted here by MBison:
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh....php?p=2930470

Hi guys. First of, I'd like to give props to HustleLikeM0FO for his diy on coupe taillights. I got bored today and decided to smoke the altezzas I used to have on my sedan (went back to stock). I know this might be considered as a repost but I'd like to share my first diy that I've done myself and post it here. I've used the same tint spray that was used in HustleLikeM0FOs diy, that is Pactra Racing Finish (RC294) but didnt use a clear coat gloss because I didnt have one at the time, and dont think I needed it. And believe me, you WILL need at least 2 cans of the tint spray. It took me EXACTLY the 2 cans that I had.

Before you do anything make sure you've got a bunch of newspaper covering the floor otherwise you'll get ugly marks after you're done.
Ok. Lets get it going. Here are my altezzas that I got bored of therefore went back to stock.

Make sure you clean each of the pieces carefully with a glass cleaner. I've used Rain X and a paper towel.

Cover everything that you dont want the spray to get on. In this case, I've decided to cover the reverse light.

One more thing. Always use protection. Use your head. The paint smells bad, its toxic and you'll want to use a mask, just like me (thanks dad)

I did everything almost exactly as in the other diy for coupe tails. Spray 12in from the surface back and forth moving constantly. Spray it as much as you desire for the first coat. Thats how the tails looked after the first coat was applied:

After youre done putting the first coat on, you might need to put the tails in a safe place free of particles flying around looking for the fresh paint to sit on. I've put mine in a half open box for about an hour. After the coat dries completely, put another one on the same exact way. Remember, keep spraying 12in from the surface.
This is how the tails looked like after the 2nd coat and waiting another hour to dry out:

After I've removed the covered reverse light:

Thats it. Just waiting to put them bishez back on. I hope I've helped you guys in any way. Enjoy.
Thanks again to HustleLikeM0FO for his great diy. It gave me an idea of how to do it.