Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Gimme the whole 9 yards on HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PrYnCeQT is an unknown quantity at this point
Gimme the whole 9 yards on HIDs

Looking at the GB on Techone HIDs here has really gotten me to want to get one by winters end. But being a newbie here I really got lost fast. From what I've gathered the kit looks like a simple install. But how is it done? Does the stock wiring connect to the ballast and than that to the bulbs?

I want something bright, color does not matter to me aslong as its not yellow, am I looking at 5k than?

Are HID bulbs standard? If I buy the techone kit and the bulb blows, can I get any bulb any where? I also read that the techone kit for the low-beam kit has a high beam halogen bulb integrated, now if this bulb was to blow, where am I suppose to go to replace it?

Now what really confuses me is this D2S, D2R stuff, what is that?

Anyone bought the Techone kit from the GB? How's the quality and any pics? What brands should I go for and what to stay away from? Need all the info I can get here fellows.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
IBTM! shouldve been posted in the lighting forum, you will also get more responses there on this topic. Search man search!
Old 12-06-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
IBTL not IBTM well at least once it is moved....allthe info on everything you need to know

I'm pretty sure if you need lighting Q;s answered and want it from a reliable source...PM Infinite012
Old 12-06-2005
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Moved
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
d2s and d2r is real oem hid bulb size this is wat they use in highend cars like bmw and audis
well if u looking for more lights and colors then go with retrofit
aftermarket hid kit is not worthed wat u pay for and too much for replacing bulb.........infi will give u more info...wait for his replay,,
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
lol....wow this guy got smoked lol..

I really think we should update the lighting FAQ and add the hid FAQ from hidplanet so we don't keep getting these repeat questions.
Old 12-08-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
lol....wow this guy got smoked lol..

I really think we should update the lighting FAQ and add the hid FAQ from hidplanet so we don't keep getting these repeat questions.
i've posted it before...just gotta look for it.

edit: it was in the sticky up top. i relabelled it to "facts about HID lighting."
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=197307

Last edited by infinite012; 12-08-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
What'd I tell you, Infinite012 to the rescue once again
Old 12-08-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
lol thanks.