Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Ottawa (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/97-ottawa)
-   -   Teach me Stick (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/97-ottawa/146288-teach-me-stick.html)

player 03-23-2004 11:10 PM

Teach me Stick

So as most of u know, I CANT DRIVE STICK !!!!
i know how it works, but i have never tried it, but i wanna learn, where should i go? or is one of you up to the task of teaching me :D .

I will reward you :clap:

Pharoh 03-24-2004 06:20 AM

But I love my clutch..haha

Tofast4me 03-24-2004 07:14 AM

I'll teach you.

gohanix 03-24-2004 10:24 AM

teach yourself dude!! its easy...

hehehe.. i was funny when i stalled the car twice at the dealership when i picked it up.. hahah good time!!

after an hour or 2.. u'll be good to go on your own.. by a crap car for like 200$

chippy-chick 03-24-2004 07:18 PM

Just go to a chev dealer and take a standard out on the 24 hour test drive...you'll learn in no time...haahaa

Pharoh 03-24-2004 10:07 PM

Originally posted by chippy-chick
Just go to a chev dealer and take a standard out on the 24 hour test drive...you'll learn in no time...haahaa
That's actually a pretty good idea.

player 03-24-2004 10:21 PM

but, i wont be able to get out of the dealership, when the sales man sees that he will kill me

gohanix 03-24-2004 10:45 PM

just complain saying the car is crap

player 03-24-2004 10:50 PM

haha, i like this idea, i will just stay in forst gear till i get out of sight, i think i'm going to do this in mat or something. il take a crap car like a malibu or something

Pharoh 03-24-2004 10:52 PM

there ya go. I would go for it.

chippy-chick 03-24-2004 10:57 PM

I love coming up with great ideas!!

shawnskee22 03-24-2004 11:04 PM

ha ha ha, that is a great idea.

Pir8pete 03-24-2004 11:27 PM

Re: Teach me Stick

gohanix 03-25-2004 07:45 AM

lol... he must be deperate :p

jk

civicstyle82 03-26-2004 07:22 PM

Originally posted by chippy-chick

Chev's are by far the worst stick to learn on, our Honda's were probably the best but maybe that's cause I'm used to it, I drive a different kind of vehicle almost every day....don't go with a Chev.

EŽik 03-27-2004 09:11 AM

lol take an SR/T for a rip. let us know how it drives :D :D

civicmorph 03-27-2004 09:48 AM

rent a car that's stick shift and drive the shiz outta it, is it possible to rent a stick?

Pharoh 03-27-2004 10:37 AM

Originally posted by civicmorph
rent a car that's stick shift and drive the shiz outta it, is it possible to rent a stick?
Since when can you rent a car with a stick? I've never seen that available before. Normally they're always auto's because that's what EVERYONE can drive. I wish you could, auto makes me sleepy :o

Tofast4me 03-27-2004 10:44 AM

As far as I know you can't rent a stick. I looked into it awhile ago and could not find anyone who rented it. They said it was because people are to hard on them and they end up replacing the clutch to often. I do know that there is a dealership that does rent standerd cars.....though the cars that are standard are ferrari. That would be pretty sweet LOL. Abe crusing around in a ferrari though I think people would get out of there cars and beat you if you stalled it. BTW Abe I already said I would teach you.

player 03-27-2004 09:54 PM

Originally posted by Tofast4me
. BTW Abe I already said I would teach you.
thank u caryne, as soon as i am done finals, i will hook up a couple of classes with ya.

Thnks, your awsom.

Si2NV 03-28-2004 12:20 AM

hahahaha Abe in a Ferrari (sorry Abe but it would jus look funny)

MIR 03-28-2004 10:08 AM

Go to the following pages and read :)

Learn To Drive Stick

How to Drive a Stick Shift Car

Learn 2

Then go out and get some practice :)

~~~~MIR~~~~~

Tofast4me 03-28-2004 05:11 PM

thanks for the reading material Mir but Abe might I suggest that you don't really read about driving stick. Might mess you up. You let me know when you are free and we'll take a cruise :hgrin:

Blkcivic 03-28-2004 05:14 PM

This hardest part of driving manual is accelerating from a stop..... because u get nervous if u stall in traffic, its hard to stall once u get goin, so if u master that, its no problem

izmaxx 03-28-2004 05:27 PM

tru tru...its all about the start. i've taught two people how to drive stick and its really painful to watch them stall out but I tell them not to worry about it and concentrate on accelerating from a stopped position. At first I tell them to just over-rev and take off so they dont get discouraged about stalling all the time, but then work it down so they can find the point where the gears catch and you can release the clutch. Luckily, they picked it up pretty fast.

Takes a lot of patience, you better look for a good friend or do the dealership thing...

EŽik 03-28-2004 07:39 PM

^^ Yeah I agree with that.

I've also taught a couple people to drive manual. I just tell them to keep you foot off the brake (at a stop) and SLOWLY let off the clutch, until you start to feel the car roll forward (gear catching) once you feel that, give it a bit of gas, and let go of the clucth slowly. it's all about the timing.

MIR 03-30-2004 07:36 PM

Originally posted by Tofast4me
thanks for the reading material Mir but Abe might I suggest that you don't really read about driving stick. Might mess you up. You let me know when you are free and we'll take a cruise :hgrin:

actually the reason i posted those articles is because someone tried to teach me stick in person and I absolutely could not do it, I thought there was no hope and that I had just bought a car I would never be able to drive, so I went on the internet found those articles read them a couple of times then got in my car and went out alone and taught myself...they were very helpful FOR ME but maybe it wouldnt help many other people i donno anyway GOOD LUCK player