Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Alberta (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/90-alberta)
-   -   Calgary Meet (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/90-alberta/276220-calgary-meet.html)

DeX 08-25-2006 11:30 PM

Calgary Meet

I've been on this board for a year and didn't even know there were Alberta members. Am I the only Calgary guy? Anyone want to meet? Seriously, let's atleast get something together, it'll give me an excuse to wash my car! :rockon:

2005 Civic coupe
blacked out headlights
pager alarm
debadge
subwoofer
no headunit (full computer based system)

Teh_Sare 09-03-2006 08:54 PM

haha wow. CanWest is deadddddd. im moving to Lake Louise,Alberta in about 2 months for work...thought i'd check out the forums for here...
eek.
haha

Shaneer 09-07-2006 03:50 PM

LOL...IS IT EVER DEAD...THERES ONLY ONE MEMBER....THATS FUNNY. i GUESS NOT FOR LONG..SOON THERE WILL BE TWO. IM MOVING THERE THIS WEEK SO NOT THIS WEEK BUT NEXT WE CAN HAVE A MEET..

DeX 09-07-2006 10:07 PM

Cool, PM me when you're here. I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :sweet:

Canadian Si 09-08-2006 11:15 AM

Where in Calgary are you located ? I'm moving there too, but not til Nov.:D

skiontwintips 09-08-2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Teh_Sare
haha wow. CanWest is deadddddd. im moving to Lake Louise,Alberta in about 2 months for work...thought i'd check out the forums for here...
eek.
haha

Where are you working at? I worked in operations for RCR in 03/04 - if you're moving there and plan to learn to ride (or already know how) you'll have fun, but if you don't play on the mountain you will go insane or at the very least become an alcoholic :)

DeX 09-08-2006 03:20 PM

I'm downtown but moving way outside in a month. I also have a magnesium 2005 like yours.

Teh_Sare 09-08-2006 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by skiontwintips
Where are you working at? I worked in operations for RCR in 03/04 - if you're moving there and plan to learn to ride (or already know how) you'll have fun, but if you don't play on the mountain you will go insane or at the very least become an alcoholic :)

At the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Im prolley gonna learn to snowboard but we'll see hahaha. and im already an alcoholic so im sure i'll survive :D

DeX 09-08-2006 07:22 PM

I'll be boarding a few times a month at Sunshine with a friend of mine this winter as well. Picked up all the gear last winter after I learned how to snowboard, this winter I just have to get a board and bindings.

skiontwintips 09-09-2006 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Teh_Sare
At the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Im prolley gonna learn to snowboard but we'll see hahaha. and im already an alcoholic so im sure i'll survive :D

Very good, they have an insane amount of employees and their own bar on-site, you'll have fun for sure. And, if you dont like that job, it's incredibly easy to get a job anywhere else because turnover is fast. The good thing about working for RCR on the hill is the free pass to ride all year - that's the best way to get good at it and not drop $60 a day on lift passes. The bad part about working for the hill is you live in Charlestowne (Chucktown), the ghettoest of ghetto staff residences that i've ever lived in. One unit had regular fires in their living room using milk crates, because the heat was so bad. So yeah, maybe you should stay at the chateau ;)

Some last advice - try not to stay in the vacuum that is the chateau life - lots of them never come down the road into town and miss out on a lot.

Best place to eat for the price - the Hostel restaurant. If you can make friends with someone who works at Laggans you'll get free breakfast year round. Finally, have fun, I had a blast except for the concussions/dislocated shoulders - watch out for aussies too, ha.