Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Alberta (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/90-alberta)
-   -   Lethbridge Street Wheelers Weekend *update July 10* (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/90-alberta/159315-lethbridge-street-wheelers-weekend-update-july-10-a.html)

CdnSilverStreak 06-15-2004 04:47 PM

Lethbridge Street Wheelers Weekend *update July 10*

So the time has come again, where in every second week of July of the year, all the hottest rides in Southern Alberta descend on Lethbridge, Alberta. For those of you who are not familiar with it, it is a weekend in which the city showcases some of the hottest rides around, from crotch rockets, to classics, to muscle cars, trucks, and yes, to import cars.

The itinerary usually looks like this...

Friday night, cruise night.

Two of the main streets here in the city become the cruising strip, and tons of people line the nearly 10 km stretch to see the cars as they cruise up and down this strip all night long. There will be lotsa cars, lotsa people, lotsa booze (sometimes), and best of all, lotsa hot women hollering at you as you drive by. :hgrin: :_bow:

Saturday all day, races.

Vehicles registered then show up at the Pavilion for some good old fashioned 1/4 mile racing.

Sunday, show and shine.

All vehicles then go to the downtown core at Galt Gardens Park where all vehicles will be on display for the public to see. Lotsa food too, good ol Alberta beef.

Well, seeing as I'm the only Lethbridge member here, and since there are few 7th gens in the city, I hoped it would be nice to have some other 7th gens join me, even though my 7th gen isn't heavliy modded. Most of the cars are classic and muscle cars, but there are some import rides. Friday is definitely cool by far. In general, it's just a weekend of fun fun fun with lots of great rides to see.

I'll post pics for everyone, even though it is still 3 weeks away...

civicstyle82 06-15-2004 05:02 PM

Damn, everything happen once I move haha, if I were there I would definatly cruise down for that. Who knows, maybe I'll have some money and that weekend off, so I may come.

poor jaysun 06-18-2004 01:54 AM

I am scheduled for VUB ...
BUT Street Wheelers sounds like more fun.
Tough call

CdnSilverStreak 06-21-2004 12:35 AM

It's lotsa fun. For the Friday, I plan to cruise around till I get bored, check out the ladies, then hang out at the beer gardens. heh heh...

Lethbridge Street Wheelers weekend is July 9-11.

poor jaysun 06-27-2004 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ABCars cancelled entry for VUB so I will be in Lethbridge
If you see this 7thgen send out a honk :D

CdnSilverStreak 06-28-2004 12:21 AM

Pm'ed you...

Right on man. I'll give you a shout. Friday night will be cool, but it's tough to say whether I should cruise, or drink in the beer gardens and watch all the rides drive-by.

BTW, your Civic looks great! I like it!

CdnSilverStreak 06-29-2004 12:19 AM

Oops, Sunday Show and Shine (July 11th) is at a schoolground near Henderson Lake in Lethbridge, not Galt Gardens as I originally mentioned.

It is at the corner of 6th Ave. S. and Mayor Magrath Drive S. Apparently, the roster of vehicles is larger than before so Galt Gardens in the downtown cannot support it.

To those in Alberta who plan to attend, hope to see you there.

Remember,

Friday night, July 9 - cruise night... Cruise down the street in your ride, and you'll either be cheered or jeered by the ladies...

Saturday all day, July 10 - 100 yard dash/quarter mile.... blah blah... races at the pavilion.

Sunday all day, July 11 - show and shine.

More info to come...

poor jaysun 07-05-2004 02:49 AM

More info at
http://streetwheelers.com

CdnSilverStreak 07-05-2004 11:15 AM

^ Thanks man, was gonna post that link...

CdnSilverStreak 07-10-2004 11:18 PM

Update July 10

Hey everyone,

So cruise night and the 100 foot dash ended tonight, and as usual the whole city is partying it up along the strip here in Lethbridge.

Me and Poor_Jaysun represented 7thGenCivic. I nearly fell over when I saw his car, it was unbelievable. There should have been more 7thGenners though.

I have pics up ASAP... tomorrow is the show 'n shine, so I'll save the best pics for last.

civicstyle82 07-13-2004 12:59 PM

Got some pics for us? I wish I could've made it out but I had to work all weekend :mad:

CdnSilverStreak 07-13-2004 01:39 PM

Yeah yeah I know, this thread is useless without pics....

civicstyle82 07-13-2004 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by CdnSilverStreak
Yeah yeah I know, this thread is useless without pics....

That is correct

poor jaysun 07-14-2004 12:17 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics but tons of people and vehicles
Friday night cruise had over 5000 people watching the cars on the sides of the streets

CdnSilverStreak 07-14-2004 12:24 AM

Ha ha, you took a pic of your own car...

Oh yeah, Hi Jay...

poor jaysun 07-14-2004 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by CdnSilverStreak
Ha ha, you took a pic of your own car...

Oh yeah, Hi Jay...

Of course :)