Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Ohio (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/88-ohio)
-   -   July Meet in Columbus (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/88-ohio/156146-july-meet-columbus.html)

Cocky 05-23-2004 07:22 PM

July Meet in Columbus

i think we need to set July 24th as the date, so people can go ahead and plan to get off that day, and so we can set a place, and whatever we're gonna do. Better than waiting till August, this way we can get another one in late September or something before cold weather. other than Easton, where could we set it up that would be easy to find? :)

abmerop18 05-23-2004 08:41 PM

as long as it is late july, i will be there. i have ALOT of bodywork that need to be done by then. hopefully i can get it all done by then. car probally wont be painted in time though, so i may hve to roll to the meet in primer :/

mikalem 05-23-2004 08:50 PM

Sounds good to me..... Easton probably is the easiest place to find - There's also Polaris north of C-Bus, but it's more spread out.

Cocky 05-23-2004 09:14 PM

Well.. July 24th in Easton sounds perfect to me, same 12-12:30 time. Lets get some mire imput from other people and take it from there. :)

LJ 05-23-2004 09:46 PM

I should have the Stang in the mid 12's by then

HYPR DRV 05-24-2004 08:36 AM

Yeah, I'd say either Easton or Polaris. I still like Prod's BBQ idea though. We've done the meet, hang out in a parking garage, then cruise thing already. I'd like to mixx it up a bit.

C2i0v0i1C 05-24-2004 09:55 AM

prod keep me updated with this bc i dont have a computer right now or the internet, but im working on it

HYPR DRV 05-24-2004 10:02 AM

I nominate LJ to host the BBQ. He's got land. (Well, his parents do anyway.) And he's got a donkey. Talk about horsepower!!! :)

doubledeuce2k2 05-24-2004 10:20 AM

i'll be down for whatever again, cruising and food is always fun.

i hope to have AC, power steering or both by then too lol

HYPR DRV 05-24-2004 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Prod
hahahaha

Can we shoot the donkey with paintball guns?

YES!

BEER! PAINTBALLING AND CARS! That's a winning combo!

ROFL!! I'm not sure if we can shoot the donkey, but maybe we can shoot his Mustang. Custom paint job courtesy of the CO7Gs.

doubledeuce2k2 05-24-2004 11:52 AM

i'm sure i'd want you guys at my place with talk like that lol

LJ 05-24-2004 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by HYPR DRV
ROFL!! I'm not sure if we can shoot the donkey, but maybe we can shoot his Mustang. Custom paint job courtesy of the CO7Gs.

You forget I own lots of guns Ryan.... and the donkey is my mom's she don't **** around.
Anyways, I would offer to host it, but we are having a lot of problems with the neighbors, they think we should pay to plow their driveways and such just because we own the land that the main drive goes through. I will run it by my parents, but it is doubtful. For $50 we can have it at a private park in Sunbury. If anyone came to my 2001 meet you know the place. lots of nature trails, private lots, secluded, grill, shelter house. The lot is only gravel though, some of you ground scrapers might have problems, just let me know

Cocky 05-24-2004 05:35 PM

hm. i wonder if anyone lives near Columbus that'd go for it?

HYPR DRV 05-25-2004 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by LJ
You forget I own lots of guns Ryan.... and the donkey is my mom's she don't **** around.
Anyways, I would offer to host it, but we are having a lot of problems with the neighbors, they think we should pay to plow their driveways and such just because we own the land that the main drive goes through. I will run it by my parents, but it is doubtful. For $50 we can have it at a private park in Sunbury. If anyone came to my 2001 meet you know the place. lots of nature trails, private lots, secluded, grill, shelter house. The lot is only gravel though, some of you ground scrapers might have problems, just let me know

That's not a bad idea Lance. I was just kinda kidding about you hosting it. I'm not that much of a jerk. :tongue: Anyway, if 10 peeps show up and throw down $5 each, then we got that park. Who's in??

What: CO7G Summer Meet & BBQ
When: Saturday, July 24 @ 1 pm??
Where: TBA ~ Maybe a private park in Sunbury, OH (North of C-bus)
Why: Cuz' we can!!

abmerop18 05-25-2004 03:31 PM

whatever. anything works for me. you guys can expect a totally different look for my car by then. :rockon:

doubledeuce2k2 05-25-2004 04:58 PM

just keep me posted.

HYPR DRV 05-25-2004 07:58 PM

Hey Cocky, do you wanna edit this so it has the info and running list of peeps on the first post? Then maybe someone can "Sticky" it. Not that the thread is going to go anywhere, judging by the last meet thread.

abmerop18 05-25-2004 07:59 PM

gimme all the info and i will sticky and lock the thread to keep it at the top

abmerop18 05-25-2004 07:59 PM

and we can just chhate about the meet in here and have all the info easily accessed in a seperate thread

HYPR DRV 05-25-2004 08:09 PM

Here ya go Matt................

Originally Posted by HYPR DRV

What: CO7G Summer Meet & BBQ
When: Saturday, July 24 @ 1 pm??
Where: TBA ~ Maybe a private park in Sunbury, OH (North of C-bus)
Why: Cuz' we can!!

The park is dependent on whether we get 10 people to each throw in $5. And of course, we'll need $$ for food (BBQ supplies etc..) and beverages.

In so far....

HYPR DRV (Ryan)
Cocky (Jeremy)
Abmerop18 (Matt)
Prod (Chris)
Mikalem (Mike)
DoubleDeuce2k2 (Mr. Purple) MAYBE
LJ (Lance) MAYBE
C2i0v0i1c (Kevin) MAYBE

Sorry guys, I didn't catch all your names at the last meet. My bad! :_doh:

abmerop18 05-25-2004 09:50 PM

word. ill make the thread now. doubledeuce better be there now that he has the k20 swapped 7thgen

abmerop18 05-25-2004 09:56 PM

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=156518

^ thread with all the official info

chat about all the details in here

doubledeuce2k2 05-25-2004 11:19 PM

first off, mr. purple sounds like i killed someone with a candlestick in the library... my name is derek.

second, i don't have the new car yet, 3 more days :D

third, i hope i'm not the only car that can think of 14's at this next meet. :)

reytito 05-26-2004 09:37 AM

dang i missed alot, being so GD busy. i'm down. and my car will look exactly the same. booya.

reytito - Titus is my name.

HYPR DRV 05-26-2004 10:10 AM

I just put Kevin, Derek and Lance in as a MAYBE cuz' they never said they were in fo' sho. But feel free to confirm that fellaz. So is 1 pm cool with everyone? I can bring my grillin' equipment. I'm assuming the grills are charcoal, so we'll need that too. I figure, if everyone volunteers to bring ONE item, then we'll have a pretty good BBQ.

We will probably need....

Charcoal
Condiments (BBQ sauce, ketchup, etc..)
Plates
Burgers, dogs, brats, chicken, etc...
Buns
Beverages (I would assume non-alcoholic, but whatever)
Cheese
Snacks (chips, dips, chains, whips...) :)
Women

Oh, and I'll need some Vasoline, a football helmet, and a 9 iron. (Don't ask!) :rofl:

HYPR DRV 05-26-2004 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by DoubleDeuce2k2
first off, mr. purple sounds like i killed someone with a candlestick in the library... my name is derek.

Actually, I was thinking more like Reservoir Dogs...

"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink? Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. Pu$$y. I know, I'll be Mr. Purple."

"No! Some guy on another job is Mr. Purple. You are Mr. Pink!" :D