Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps)
-   -   dyno'd today... bad day, need some help/suggestions (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps/270090-dynod-today-bad-day-need-some-help-suggestions.html)

ruffryde009 07-12-2006 10:14 PM

dyno'd today... bad day, need some help/suggestions

Well today went to get my car tuned and ran into a few problems, im hoping someone on here can help me out.

first.... I have the TSI kit which i bought used. It looks like the previous owner before me changed the wastegate spring because it kept wanting to go up to 12 psi... we loosen'd the lil rod on the actuator the most it can and it went down to 9psi

second... the biggest problem im having with the car is that i am running extremely lean at wide open throttle, the tuner could not get the air/fuel into a str8 line through the 12's 14's like he showed me with previous cars he's tuned. i have rsx injectors and emanage with my TSI t25bb turbo kit.

He says there is not enough volume going through the injectors and that I would probably need a fuel pump (and possibly bigger injectors if that didnt work).

What is the problem? Ive seen/heard of many guys with emanage and RSX injectors... why am i running really lean at wide open throttle at 9psi?!??!? (keep in mind thats not what i want to be tuned at, but it was the minimum we can set the spring too on the turbo)

any help or input would be nice, thanks!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...dyno1/dyno.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...1/c8d25e2f.jpg

diskreet 07-12-2006 11:25 PM

You gunna try a new fuel pump before replacing expensive injectors too?

ruffryde009 07-13-2006 12:03 AM

i dont know?... im asking for suggestions... i just dont see why my car should be in the 18's and above (air fuel) at 9psi with rsx injectors

yourinmyw0rld 07-13-2006 12:43 AM

Did you put 91 Octane? or the highest octane available in your area

skipbarber 07-13-2006 01:14 AM

any CEL's on? how are your o2 sensors doing? are you running a cat?

ruffryde009 07-13-2006 01:22 AM

ran the higest octane i have in the area i believe its 91, 02 sensors should be fine , i have the test pipe that came with the kit. We were getting a check engine light message sayings AIR/fuel ... something

he said basically the ECU was detecting boost... no matter what he put the volt. clamp on the emanage it would go back to 5 and we would get the check engine light same error message

Michalo187 07-13-2006 02:09 AM

Alright, Are you sure the injectors are Rsx type-s flowing 310cc and not the base running 280cc? 9 psi is pretty high for those injectors whether they are type s or not that is about the borderline of maxxing them if they are not maxxed. I would try lowering the boost and see what happens, and check on those injectors. Don't keep pushing your car on the dyno if its lean believe me you will regret that. Check on all that before you go replacing stuff. Also for the ecu get the missing link it works with the emanage pretty well, i ran it when i had emanage and for 60 bucks it makes the car feel a lot better and you won't get the cell. If you notice your car right now probably sputters but with the missing link it won't do that. Lmk if i can help anymore. Aim Michalo187 i am always on.

03-Acura-1.7-EL 07-13-2006 08:25 AM

he said basically the ECU was detecting boost...
I've upgrated to missing link and it works great.
I use TSI injector box and I love it!

I have TSI t25 as well. When I dyno'd my car I had catalytic and with muffler silencer insert.
I made 160whp and 175 wtq @ 8-9 psi on the d17a2. I've had few issues at that time.
Hoping for 180whp when its all sorted out.

I want to day that 150whp is a little low, but I'm sure you'll come over all your problem and make a lot more power!

Havok2k1 07-13-2006 09:10 AM

it can't be a too small fuel pump or saturated injectors since at the end of the run you were running rich. It has to be either a mapping and tuning issue.

TheSmuggler 07-13-2006 10:23 AM

Make sure, if your taxing your injectors, that the duty cycle dosen't get anywhere close to 100%. The last thing you want to do is freeze them. :-/

skipbarber 07-13-2006 12:22 PM

did you wire up the emanage yourself, or did you buy a harness like boomslang or dezod? if you wired it yourself, you may have the map sensor wires backwards if the voltage clamp isnt working.

HyaBoosta 07-13-2006 01:27 PM

Might be in the wiring of the emenage like skip said. What condition were the rsx injectors bought in? new? The pump is more than adequate for 9psi and so are the injectors. I have emenage on my kit with rsx-s injectors and I run 10psi and My car was running way rich after my first tune (10.5:1) So fuel should not be an issue. I have a wideband and have cleaned and retuned the car myself. As far as the MAP seeing boost that shouldn't be an issue either. I had the missing link with my emenage and they didn't play nice. I removed the link and just ran the BC and it was fine. I suspect wiring prob. Do you have the injector harness for the emenage when you bought it? Did you set the injector correction factor?

AznChinksta 07-13-2006 02:35 PM

he has the dezod plug n play so it cant be wrong wiring. I am kinda having the same problem. I was watching him getting tuned and his fuel would just shut off at like 4-5k rpm on open throttle. I dont know whats wrong but everything seems to be in order in his car. Did any of you guys had to get new fuel pumps?

Michalo187 07-13-2006 02:37 PM

when i ran emanage i had a return fuel system with bigger fuel pump but i still always had tuning issues until i got the ems. I love the ems.

skipbarber 07-13-2006 08:01 PM

what exactly is the MIL?

ruffryde009 07-13-2006 09:55 PM

alright sorry i havent responsed and thanks for all the responses... the forums were working really slow for me yesterday. and i just got home right now.

The injectors were bought from another shop (used) he told me the duty cycle was at 85% (and he didnt want to go any higher)

I really dont want to tune my car at 9psi but i have no other choice because the spring is set at that.

I was thinking myself maybe the injectors are not working right or something? i dont know :(

once again thanks for the responses!

scansel912 07-13-2006 11:22 PM

My guess is a problem with the wiring

ruffryde009 07-13-2006 11:35 PM

oo yeah and i forgot i have the Dezod PNP harness

03-Acura-1.7-EL 07-14-2006 08:37 AM

^^
With t25 @ 9psi d17 should list a while, so dont worry about the "NINE psi" thing.
I looked at your dyno again and it shows that you're running RICH at the end of the run. So i cant see why you think injectors are not good.

You need to drop out things like injectors and fuel pump out of equasion - they are OK for 9 psi (it they work properly).

You need to concentrate on: wiring, tuning, CEL.

This is what I'd do:

1. Ask around if someone can lend you missing link (I beleive k20 and d17 ML are the same) - to see if help to eliminate CEL
2. Read "emanage" threads in this forum - for possible wiring issues (also Dezod PNP wiring had some issues when it came out (I think I'm right), contact him)
3. See if you could find another tuner in your area - to compare results and may be another turner is a little more experienced with emanage.

If you follow what I said, then you'll be able to pinpoint your problem.

I cant be more detailed at this time,

Good luck!

ruffryde009 07-14-2006 09:35 AM

hey thanks, i will do that, ill keep you guys updated

02BLKCIVIC 07-14-2006 11:23 AM

Great thread!

Valdeezy 07-14-2006 11:34 AM

^^agreed

Logan3024 07-14-2006 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
Great thread!

This is why people have such a hard time using the Emanage.......FALSE INFO

Dont trust ANYONE who tells you to use a ML and Emanage together. If they knew how to use the emanage, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE EMANAGE THROWING A MAP SENSOR CODE.

Michalo187 07-14-2006 02:43 PM

well when i got my car tuned they knew how to use emanage and the car didn't run for shit w/o the missing link. Believe me you need the missing link once you run like 8+ psi.

TheSmuggler 07-17-2006 04:45 PM

Voltage Clamp....

sspem2 07-17-2006 07:01 PM

no way its the injectors or fuel pump because abmerop18 is putting out 225whp and 205wtq @ 11psi on the rsx-s injectors and the stock fuel pump without any probelms and not using the missing link at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8/dyno_2-1.jpg

TheSmuggler 07-17-2006 07:11 PM

Srupid question, but did you ever get them flow tested?

AznChinksta 07-19-2006 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 1siksivik
no way its the injectors or fuel pump because abmerop18 is putting out 225whp and 205wtq @ 11psi on the rsx-s injectors and the stock fuel pump without any probelms and not using the missing link at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8/dyno_2-1.jpg

is he running emanage or AEM?