Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps)
-   -   TCI Auto *personal review* (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps/226597-tci-auto-personal-review.html)

eye_see_you 09-04-2005 09:16 AM

TCI Auto *personal review*

For those that have contacted me I have a 2002 EX Sedan with one of the bad transmissions. Replaced twice under warranty for various issues I decided to go ahead with boosting and chose the TSI Extreme Kit which is handling 12 psi now on the rebuilt tranny.

I had slipping and shifter problems before the rebuild. So I contacted TCI Auto and Level TEN about my problems and what I wanted to do. TCI Auto were the ones with the best respone in solving the problem of boost on our crappy tranny that some of us have been blessed with. Sugesting the master overhaul kit and a upgrade torque converted I had my local shop go to work.

The part number for 2001-2003 Civics LX,DX, EX :
Master Racing Overhaul Kit 559100
Cost depends if you find a reseller or your local shop may be able to get it cheaper but it averages close to 300.00$ USD for the overhaul kit
the torque converter came from a reseller coming in at little less than 500.00 USD. It retails for 1000.00 so shop around if your going to do it

Now the work is complete along with upgraded cv halfshafts from Drive Shaft Shop ( figure if your going to do all that work may as well have it all done at the same time).

Completed and needing some tuning I can say the tranny shifts much better and much faster. There is more torque control when turning that was not there before. The stall point is raised so that I can do a 4500k lauch with the turbo spooled already. Overall if any one wants to boost there auto and do it right I recommend this kit and if you really want to go all out they offer a tiptronic controller for more precise shifting and lock up control.

word of advice a tranny cooler can be ok and help out but its not going to last very long.

My whole specs:
DSS cv half shafts stage 2
TCI Auto Master over haul kit
TCI Auto Torque converter
TSI Extreme T24bb @ 12psi
Tokico HP Struts
Eaibach Springs
Engalls Camber kit
Neuspeed 24mm Rear anti-sway,Front upper strut and lower bushing kit
SSBC force 10 big brake upgrade kit
Greddy Evo2 Exhaust

and for those interested in the SSBC big brake upgrade kit here is how it is complete
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39...s/IMG_1389.jpg

cg95660 09-04-2005 10:06 AM

I have had bad luck with there ford trannys. It only took 2 years to blow up a built samll c-6 with a mild street driven small block. But hey let us know how long all this lasts maybe even some 1/4 times.

SODJAZERO 09-04-2005 10:55 AM

nice review

AzNmiKex215 09-04-2005 10:56 AM

Sounds good. I will be getting the MasterOverhaul kit soon!

TheSmuggler 09-04-2005 11:30 AM

Good deal eye

skipbarber 09-04-2005 05:48 PM

holy crap, good sh!t.

TheSmuggler 09-05-2005 09:36 AM

Ok, so how much did it cost you to buy the ovrhaul+the convertor and then how much did they install it for?

diskreet 09-05-2005 10:40 AM

holy sexy brakes. thats an awesome review too. but those brakes are beautiful. :D

eye_see_you 09-05-2005 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Ok, so how much did it cost you to buy the ovrhaul+the convertor and then how much did they install it for?

The kit depends on who you get it from but estimate about 275- 300.00.The converter I got for 400 something.. it is normally about a grand. the install itself will vary depending on your area. I had other work done at the same time so I can't really say but I spent 1400.00 for cv axles, tranny work, torque converter, and low end work

eye_see_you 09-05-2005 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by diskreet
holy sexy brakes. thats an awesome review too. but those brakes are beautiful. :D

I think they are secci too, that ssbc review is next :giggle:

Michalo187 09-05-2005 12:37 PM

I agree those brakes are badass and good review that will help many people

tuner04civic 09-05-2005 01:41 PM

nice brakes and great review

AzNmiKex215 09-05-2005 08:44 PM

that brake kit is 17+ inch wheel only right?

eye_see_you 09-06-2005 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by AzNmiKex215
that brake kit is 17+ inch wheel only right?

that is right but it also depends on how your wheel is made.. some 16" wheels will fit according to SSBC. Even with my tenzo wheels haveing a deep dish I still had to get 1/4" spacers.

TheSmuggler 09-06-2005 01:17 PM

The TC is only about a grand if you don't give them your core, it's supposed to be 400 if you send them your own TC to be redone.

eye_see_you 09-06-2005 01:25 PM

The TC is only about a grand if you don't give them your core, it's supposed to be 400 if you send them your own TC to be redone.

thats a possibility also but I got a new one for that price.. why have it rebuilt if you can find a new one thats made better for the same price.

TheSmuggler 09-06-2005 01:26 PM

well thats the problem, i cant find a new one LOL. I think they say 1k for a new one LOL.

dezod 09-06-2005 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by eye_see_you
I think they are secci too, that ssbc review is next :giggle:

SSBC :tup:

They were right in my back yard when we were in Buffalo.

eye_see_you 09-06-2005 05:02 PM

well thats the problem, i cant find a new one LOL. I think they say 1k for a new one LOL.

go to a local tranny shop and let them call around.. my shop found my new one at a place in Alabama or mississippi

TheSmuggler 09-06-2005 05:07 PM

well im actually getting a whole auto tranny for like 250, so imm going to have that rebuilt, then get it swapped in so I don't have any down time =)

Black03civic 09-06-2005 05:32 PM

:tup: to the review

eye_see_you 09-06-2005 07:09 PM

well im actually getting a whole auto tranny for like 250, so imm going to have that rebuilt, then get it swapped in so I don't have any down time =)

well I planned that too but remember the subframe has to be removed and the engine supported blah blah blah.. it will be more than you think. oh yea be careful with the tranny sensors one of mine broke off when it was dropped luckily I had the spare tranny

TheSmuggler 09-06-2005 07:13 PM

Well, no matter what they have to pull the tranny for my car. if I use mine then they drop it, put the parts in, then put it back in, if i get this tranny then they drop mine, put the parts in the other tranny, then put it back in. No matter what it's the same deal.

eye_see_you 09-06-2005 07:15 PM

Well, no matter what they have to pull the tranny for my car. if I use mine then they drop it, put the parts in, then put it back in, if i get this tranny then they drop mine, put the parts in the other tranny, then put it back in. No matter what it's the same deal.

as long as there are no complications like my housing on one original tranny was a little warped.. so the whole parts swapping thing came into play. its good to have the spare just in case something like that happens.

TheSmuggler 09-06-2005 07:17 PM

werd

eye_see_you 09-10-2005 11:51 PM

just wondering everyones opinion , shoul this be stickied for those boosted auto members?

Daemones6 09-15-2005 04:55 PM

What torque converter did you get? I can't wait to get the tranny able to handle the boost! the TCI fix is exactly what I'm looking for, but what torque converter did they recommend?

eye_see_you 09-15-2005 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Daemones6
What torque converter did you get? I can't wait to get the tranny able to handle the boost! the TCI fix is exactly what I'm looking for, but what torque converter did they recommend?

you have to call them for the exact one I forgot the part number, But as far as the master kit the auto will handle boost up to 15psi easy with the kit installed. Its upgraded discs and all new seals and sensors.

Daemones6 09-16-2005 01:49 PM

Sounds good man. I think you've saved my tranny. I'll probably go ahead and call them. Maybe even get this before I get my shocks I was going to get this month.

Daemones6 10-20-2005 03:56 PM

You can always go to a junk yard and get a torque converter off of a civic there and send it in. That way you dont have to be without a car