Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   North Cali (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/69-north-cali)
-   -   Lookn for tints in the yay area... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/69-north-cali/196357-lookn-tints-yay-area.html)

Akutenshi 02-08-2005 12:13 AM

Lookn for tints in the yay area...

hey so my buddy of mine got his tints done for 180 on his SI coupe. lifetime warrenty, no bubbles. all that good stuff. so i called them up 2day n asked how much it would be. and they said 250... since i have a 4dr. ( :-bs: ) then they said they would go 225 cuz my friend refered me. lmao.

**** that.

anyone got hook ups on tints? or know a good place that has lifetime warrenty, n that doesnt bubble up? im lookin to get 7 windows (fronts, sides, rear, and tint strip for the front windshield) for a flat 200 or under. i dont really want to go above that.

oh and i can bring a friend who wants 5 windows for his new 05 camery. so theres more business for them ;)

im in SF and San Jose, let me kno where u guys got ur tints at. or if u kno of a good deal somewhere. thanks :2pimp:

D17thgen 02-08-2005 12:33 AM

i read a post here where someone got their tint done at audio hi-fi in oakland so i went there. place charged me 150 for my coupe (5 windows) and im pretty satisfied 8.5/10. they did lied to me about how they were gonna remove my rear deck to get that area tinted where my 3rd brake light was and when i was watching they didnt. i was koo with it though cuz their were only 2-3 small bubbles that arent noticeable unless u look real close. but for $150 + lifetime warranty, cant go wrong.

my buddy got his 4runner done same place for 200 flat i believe w/warranty. 7 windows.

overall, i say u can find a better place than hi-fi. just dont go to no mexican shop in oakland, way low budget and no quality work.

Akutenshi 02-08-2005 12:41 AM

heh sounds good, but if they have bubbles. why dont u have them re-do it? oh n wahts the number for that place? right now i dont kno of any.... besides the place my friend went.

xgimmick 02-08-2005 12:43 AM

i looked everywhere around the bay area for the cheapest/quality stuff. most places quoted me at 180-250. theres a place in san mateo called best image or something. $150 for all 5 windows + lifetime warranty :rockon:

Akutenshi 02-08-2005 12:45 AM

hm.. yeah damn, let me go find that old thread someone made about getting tinted up in sac. i think someone mentioned that san mateo place too n gave the number.

thanks for the reminder :tup:

wonderz 02-08-2005 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Asahi
heh sounds good, but if they have bubbles. why dont u have them re-do it?

its bad to keep retinting the back window 'cause they might mess up the heat-wires in the back when trying to take the old tint out.

Akutenshi 02-08-2005 01:04 AM

o. fak didnt kno that. haha good lookin out hui.

Caucasian.Asian 02-08-2005 02:03 AM

asahi, come through to pittsburg/antioch area. guy who does it out here does it PERFECT, he's been doing it for about 20 years. got all 5 for $180 w/ lifetime warranty. the only down fall is that he only does front windows at 50%, no darker. PM me if interested...
here is what my back window looks like....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/DSC00300.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/DSC00299.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/DSC00298.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/DSC00297.jpg

NytRyder2k2 02-08-2005 12:27 PM

If we lived in so cali we could do it for half the price of what we find up here in nor cali :tdown:

wonderz 03-01-2005 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
asahi, come through to pittsburg/antioch area. guy who does it out here does it PERFECT, he's been doing it for about 20 years. got all 5 for $180 w/ lifetime warranty. the only down fall is that he only does front windows at 50%, no darker. PM me if interested...
here is what my back window looks like....

hey Caucasian, can let me know the place? 'cause me and my friend might want to go tint. maybe someone else wanna join us too to get a discount or something? (asahi?)
and anyone got some picture of how it would look for 50%?
and what's a good % for other windows?
Thanks

runner1738 03-01-2005 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by NytRyder2k2
If we lived in so cali we could do it for half the price of what we find up here in nor cali :tdown:

how can you find it that cheap in so cal? tell me a place cause i need ot get mine done

Akutenshi 03-01-2005 09:40 PM

wonderz: i found a place actually. my friend went there before. lifetime warrenty, no bubbles, pretty good tint.

they said 180 for 7 windows. probably cheaper for u tho since u got a coupe n only have 5. if ur seriously looking 2 get tinted soon. let me kno n PM me or something. im kindah lazy right now n off doing other things. but if u got some ppl that want to get on this... then i mine as well get mines done so we can get a good price.

FYI: the place is in the mission district in frisko

D17thgen 03-01-2005 09:40 PM

50% is just a shade IMO. wont even tell if your window is tinted if doing 50% during daytime. clearly visable thru sunlight rays. but i got no pics, sorry man.

as for good % of tint, its really up to you. i got mine the darkest in the rear 3 windows (in my coupe) and 35% on the fronts (meaning 35% sunrays go thru). i dont like ppl look thru my windows n shit so thats why i tried to keep it dark and legal.
if i could go back i would've replaced my 5% rears with 20% and my 35% fronts with 25%. want to go lighter on the rears cause its a pain to back out of my garage at night with people wandering around. and the 35% on the fronts isnt dark enough for me during daytime, but perfect at night.

wonderz 03-01-2005 09:48 PM

but i thought its illegal to tint the front, and when u make it that dark wouldn't u get pull over for it?

oh and asahi, my friend really wanted to get tint, and he's trying to drag me into it, haha. i am cool with whatever. so if we get more ppl then we can all get tint together. so right now it would be like 3? maybe we should get like 5?

oh do they wash your window before they tint, 'cause i haven't wash my car for a while :(

Akutenshi 03-01-2005 09:55 PM

hm.. my roomate is a maybe on his 05 camery. im fo ShO.

so that makes

3 - me, you, n ur friend.

then theres 2 other maybes (2 friends of mine). but i think we should just count them out

ill give the place a call n see if they give a bigger discount with more ppl. ahaha. so tell me exactly what ur wanting to get done, n ur friend too. like this:

04 Civic Sedan, 7 Windows + tint strip in the front.

D17thgen 03-01-2005 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by wonderz
but i thought its illegal to tint the front, and when u make it that dark wouldn't u get pull over for it?

oh and asahi, my friend really wanted to get tint, and he's trying to drag me into it, haha. i am cool with whatever. so if we get more ppl then we can all get tint together. so right now it would be like 3? maybe we should get like 5?

oh do they wash your window before they tint, 'cause i haven't wash my car for a while :(

in california, state law i belive is any percentage on any window behind drivers/passenger seats and 30% max on front windows (exclude windshield). any reflective/color tint is illegal.

refer to this chart http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/S...aw%20Chart.htm

they do wash your windows before they slap on the tint. not sure if its water though, but its some sort of liquid they cover your window with before filming the tint over it. then a heating source is used to dry the tint. once done, do NOT roll windows down for at least 3 days. i didnt roll mine for a week to play it safe.

tip: if you get dew/frost in the early mornings, i suggest wiping it off immediately.

runner1738 03-01-2005 10:15 PM

but you have to make sure you read it correctly becasue that is saying you have to have 70 % of light coming through the driver/passanger windows

Akutenshi 03-01-2005 10:29 PM

isnt the tint on the inside of the windows? so how would dew get inside ur car...

Caucasian.Asian 03-01-2005 11:15 PM

asahi, you still going to the place i went to? cuz i lost his business card. tell me when you you guys go and maybe we can kick, i live only 5-10 min away...

xam 03-01-2005 11:20 PM

make that 4 people asahi.
04 coupe, 5 windows, roll downs 30%, rear 15% and rear side is like half a window that i like 15% as well

wonderz 03-01-2005 11:23 PM

02 Civic Coupe, 5 Windows (+ tint strip infront?)
02 BMW Sedan, 7 Windows (also not sure about tint strip)

hey, u have picture how that strip would look like? :) and i am also not sure what % i want.
like either is better than have all around lighter tint?
or
light front and dark rear tint?

Caucasian.Asian 03-01-2005 11:28 PM

^i can take some pics for you tomorow of the how my tint looks with 20% tint in rear, 50% in front, and a strip. in my opinion i want my two front windows darker than 50%, but 50% does look better than stock. you won't get busted or hasseled for the the front being at such a low tint (at least i haven't), but you might with a 35% in front, which i plan to do this summer.

wonderz 03-01-2005 11:31 PM

^i can take some pics for you tomorow of the how my tint looks with 20% tint in rear, 50% in front, and a strip. in my opinion i want my two front windows darker than 50%, but 50% does look better than stock. you won't get busted or hasseled for the the front being at such a low tint (at least i haven't), but you might with a 35% in front, which i plan to do this summer.

thx. those pics would definitely be helpful.
yea, i don't really want to get hassle by police about the tint. so u guys think its safe to do 35%?

Caucasian.Asian 03-01-2005 11:35 PM

are you going to the guy in antioch? cuz he won't go past 50% in the front since its illegal do do ANY tint on the front, but i do suggest you get the rears done from him seeing that the rear window is the hardest and this guy is THE BEST. you don't want your third brake light to be cut around do you? i didn't.
i think 35% will be very noticable so you might run across problems in the future, especially if the cop is a jerk off.

D17thgen 03-02-2005 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by wonderz
02 Civic Coupe, 5 Windows (+ tint strip infront?)
02 BMW Coupe, 7 Windows (also not sure about tint strip)

hey, u have picture how that strip would look like? :) and i am also not sure what % i want.
like either is better than have all around lighter tint?
or
light front and dark rear tint?

im a perfectionist type of person and i would prefer a tint % that matches all around or close together. i see many cars with lighter front, and dark rears... doesnt look too shabby. at least its better than no tint up front and really dark rears like i see a lot around the area.

i got busted with 35% on front 2 windows. cop was ok with it though because he said it wasnt too dark so let me off. this was at broad daylight though with sun pointing directly at my windows so i was lucky =D

Akutenshi 03-02-2005 01:49 AM

are you going to the guy in antioch? cuz he won't go past 50% in the front since its illegal do do ANY tint on the front, but i do suggest you get the rears done from him seeing that the rear window is the hardest and this guy is THE BEST. you don't want your third brake light to be cut around do you? i didn't.
i think 35% will be very noticable so you might run across problems in the future, especially if the cop is a jerk off.

nah, its not him. i was thinking about doing the rears with him n then going somewhere else for the fronts. cuz he only does 50% in the fronts, n thats not really enuf. but that route is just too much trouble. rather just get it done from 1 place.

i forgot the name of the place im talking about. but its in the mission. maybe xam or wonderz wana roll there with me one of these weekends n ask em what kind of group prices they'll give us...... since we have like 4 cars.muahahh. ... talking on the fone is a bit difficult. but ill give em another call 2m.

oh and no, they dont cut around the brake light. my friend's corolla got tinted there. they do the WHOLE rear windshield.

so its.....

04 Civic Sedan, 7 windows
02 Civic Coupe, 5 Windows
02 BMW Sedan, 7 Windows
04 coupe, 5 windows

the thing about the strip is that. ud' think shops would throw that in as a nice little perk. but they charge for it :( ive heard prices for it around $15-25. kind of stupid just for a strip. but whatever, dont need to decide now if u want it or not. cuz wen i call, ill be asking about the windows. if we can get this goin, n wen we get there u can tell them u want the tint strip on the front.

btw, xam i thought u had tints alrdy?

wonderz 03-02-2005 03:20 AM

oh asahi, ask them what kind of tint they got? like metallic, cermanic, i don't know, haha. 'cause i heard there are different kind. and if they got other color tints.
i don't mind rolling with u if u want to go to the shop directly to ask. i gonna back in sf on saturday. let me know if u want to go together to ask or something.

#EDIT: i'm sorry. my friend has a 02 BMW Sedan. That's why its 7 Windows.

Akutenshi 03-02-2005 02:17 PM

lol god damn shops. such a hassle dealing with them :P

anywayz, i just called up. same place that i got quoted for 180 a few weeks ago. now they said 220. Ahahaha. he's bullshitting i kno it.

i asked about like a group price if i brought 3 other cars with me that needed tints. he said just bring the cars in. i think its better if we do it that way too, instead of trying 2 haggle with them over the fone cuz they dont kno who the hell u are n stuff.

so u guys wana meet up n go down there sometime this weekend to get tints? saturday or sunday is fine, doesnt matter 2 me. but we do all have 2 be there, and plan 2 get tints. if they wont give us a good deal. then iono...... what u guys think?

goodtimes 03-02-2005 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by NytRyder2k2

true i got mine im sol cal and it only cost my $120 for the whole car.
:giggle: :giggle:

xam 03-02-2005 03:37 PM

dont have money now...