Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/60-honda-civic-racing-drift-drag-autox-time-attack)
-   -   played with a 98 or 99 stang yesterday (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/60-honda-civic-racing-drift-drag-autox-time-attack/228950-played-98-99-stang-yesterday.html)

familycar 09-22-2005 01:43 PM

played with a 98 or 99 stang yesterday

98 or 99 mustang convertible auto 4.6l gt

well i was getting ready to get on the on ramp going south on the 5 and i see a guy in a convertible rustang kind speeding around so i tried to get next to him on the round about freeway entrance to see what he had around this round about. i usually hit it at about 50-60 depending on if i am passing everyone in the other lane to enter the freeway. well i noticed that the meter was on so i imeadiately slowed for the meter light. well we ended up side by side at the meter. i looked over at him but i dont think he was paying attention to me and more to the meter. so when it turned green i launched some what softly. when he heard my exhaust he looked over and punched it.
i know because i saw the front of his car lift from the trq going to the rear wheels.
now i could have dont 2 things here, either run him side by side when the lane turns into 1 or back off a little and ride up on him, so i chose to back off being safe and try to get over a few lanes to get into a clear lane. he went straight trying to pass the freeway traffic to stay ahead of me. well he wasnt very sucessful and ended up 1 lane over and 2 cars behind.
at this point the playing is over for me because i do not enter into any races on the freeway. there are just too many peoples lives at risk. well he was pissed that i ended up a head of him(it was smart driving not my car being faster) and decided to do a ricer fly by once an open lane was found. then proceeded to swerve in and out of traffic. like i said i dont race on the freeway so i just kept cruising and ended up passing him again just from staying in 1 lane and cruising. well as soon as he saw me he had to do yet another ricer fly by. at this poing i was just laughing at him because his stupid behavior got him no where but behind me again from being blocked in from other traffic after his fly by.

i know its not a "i raced and beat someone" thread but it was funny to play with him and see him act like a moron. i know he would have probably left me by a few car lengths but this just goes to show that being a smart driver will put you that much further ahead of the competition.

Ryan2005 09-22-2005 01:53 PM

i've got 3 friends with mustangs, one's got nitrous, one's got a blower, and one has a turbo, needless to say i don't mess with those stangs, good story btw

aznboysrfr 09-22-2005 02:04 PM

;P ... so ... which one?

98 = 225 hp
99 = 260 hp

S2000man01 09-22-2005 02:06 PM

it had to be a 98. and even that's iffy. a 99 stang, even the auto vert, would have left you way back the moment he punched it.

familycar 09-22-2005 05:05 PM

not sure they both look almost identical. my brother has a 99 vert that is stock and i know that thing would have driven me. but i havent been in a 98 so i couldnt tell you. all i do know is it was funny to see him react the way he did. i know either of them would have taken me if it was an actual dig or even a roll race. but it took him by surprise that i was that close. but like i said it was on a freeway entrance and i wont race on the freeway its just too dangerous. there are too many other people to worry about doing stupid things especially in so cal.
i really dont care who i go at it with its all fun for me. if i get smoked or smoke someone else its all in good fun. i tend to surprise people whith what i can make a vehicle do. but i know i would have stilll gotten my azz handed to me if we had a straight away. i was just posting a fun little experience!

TurboDieselDrew 09-22-2005 07:12 PM

A 98 and 99 Stang look quite different. 94-98 Stangs look very similar except for the tails. 99-04 stangs have much sharper edges.

The 99 on up GT's run much quicker times.

familycar 09-23-2005 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by TurboDieselDrew
A 98 and 99 Stang look quite different. 94-98 Stangs look very similar except for the tails. 99-04 stangs have much sharper edges.

The 99 on up GT's run much quicker times.

your 100% right i just looked themup . so it had to be a 99+

Mustang5.0HO 09-23-2005 04:31 PM

98 and a 99 look nothing alike....

Mustang5.0HO 09-23-2005 04:36 PM

94-95 Stangs have 5.0's and have different lights...96-98 have the new 4.6l and different tailights.....99-04 are the newer look..

familycar 09-23-2005 06:40 PM

realized that after the post but thanx!