Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/60-honda-civic-racing-drift-drag-autox-time-attack)
-   -   GT-S vs WRX carries on to freeway.. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/60-honda-civic-racing-drift-drag-autox-time-attack/132237-gt-s-vs-wrx-carries-freeway.html)

00celicagts6spd 12-30-2003 05:27 PM

GT-S vs WRX carries on to freeway..

I know you guys love my posts ;)

OK so I'm on my way to work and I see a REALLY slick lookin black wrx pull up next to me. I was in the right lane and he was in the left but he kept lookin at me and then the light so I figured he was gonna try and pass me to get to the on ramp like a lot of people do right there.

so I figured WTH and revved at him lol I fully expected he'd tear me up off the line but oh well cause I love watchin those things launch.

to my surprise the guy launched horrible and we stayed dead even off the line and 2nd gear I pulled a lil ahead. he slowed down and got behind me......

I think he was a little peeved cause he rode my ass up the onramp so I went really slow. lol from about 6k with lift already engaged in 2nd I go up enough for him to have room and when he started to move left I went and I put a good car length between us and he never got close to getting it back all the way to 130 when I shut down. he pulled next to me gave thumbs up then slowed down and got in the far right lane. 9:30 am and this frwy is always a ghost town. I love where I live. lol

I attribute all of that to bad driver. but his car looked nice. all I saw was exhaust and heard an aftermarket BOV kinda sounded like the kind my friends has in his wrx.

tripledoublegs 12-30-2003 05:35 PM

Good kill.
Added one more car to your "smoked" list huh??

littlePman 12-30-2003 05:36 PM

:-bs:

haha just messin with you man.

good kill, it's suprising he had such a bad launch 4wd over fwd and probably has about 40 hp on you. just shows how 90% of the race is the driver.

00celicagts6spd 12-30-2003 05:41 PM

yep. My teamate has a wrx that i've beaten as well. When they don't get that launch they really have a hard time winning. my friend runs 14.3 - 14.6 and stock I was in the 14.5 - 14.6 area. now I'm about the 14.3 - 14.4 area. so we're about even. the difference is his 60' is 2.0 mines 2.2. lol thats a 2 car length disadvantage. he does occasionally pull 2.2's which is awful but common for a wrx.

eh was fun wither way. lol and his car looked really nice. WRX and s2000 are on my to get list. lol

GunnerX17 12-30-2003 06:03 PM

highway pulls mmmmm now we're talkin! :D

00celicagts6spd 12-30-2003 06:05 PM

screw teh celica I wanna see vids of the supra! I know you got some. lol

GunnerX17 12-30-2003 06:21 PM

:_ontome:

littlePman 12-30-2003 07:00 PM

How exactly would you go about improving the 60ft times?

00celicagts6spd 12-31-2003 12:22 AM

well for my car I bought dr's which is about the only way to do better then high 2.1's low 2.2's I should be in the 2.0 range with them.

for the wrx they just need to learn how. the president of my team pulls 1.7 60's when his wrx was stock. Just takes technique.

Green Civic 12-31-2003 09:03 AM

Nice kill celica. Improving 60' times just take practice. Sticker tires and a good launch do help times also.

l00pb4k 12-31-2003 09:25 AM

Originally posted by Green Civic
Nice kill celica. Improving 60' times just take practice. Sticker tires and a good launch do help times also.
Sooo, you want to use brand new tires everytime you are at the track? I know there is an advantage to using sticker tires on a road course, does this help in drag racing as well?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I don't drag race, so I was just wondering.

Oh and nice kill :rockon:

Pharoh 12-31-2003 09:32 AM

Funny, I had a WRX come up on me yesterday on the highway. It was one of those weird yellow colored ones. You know, the color that looks like one of those highway line painting trucks exploded next to you. I zoomed past him in the traffic and then later noticed him come up behind and try to chase. There was way too much traffic for a full on race but I managed to turn it into a slolom match. I lost him pretty quick as I don't think he had the gonads to hang with me in the tight lane changes. When I pulled off the highway he followed and wound up next to me where he just cranked up his bass and wouldn't look at me...lol. The guy looked like he was all of 18 years old.

l00pb4k 12-31-2003 09:34 AM

Was he crying?

Green Civic 12-31-2003 10:23 AM

Not new tires, something like nitto, yoko, toyo, etc. Not firestones is what I ment. Aftermarket tires. Or n/a drag tires. Something like that.

00celicagts6spd 12-31-2003 11:10 AM

for the strip I bought a set of BF goodrich g-force drag radials. They are still DOT approved and considered a street tire. but they are sticky like no tomorrow. matched with 9.5 lb rims and you're good to go.

Eeeeeeh 12-31-2003 04:26 PM

Would my new Yokohama Es100's do good on the strip?

00celicagts6spd 12-31-2003 04:48 PM

^^ they should but you gotta heat them up really good. es 100's is what I use everyday and before I got the dr's.

l00pb4k 01-01-2004 11:42 AM

Originally posted by Green Civic
Not new tires, something like nitto, yoko, toyo, etc. Not firestones is what I ment. Aftermarket tires. Or n/a drag tires. Something like that.
Okay, you just confused me when you said "Sticker tires"

MadWheel 01-01-2004 01:09 PM

WRX's are slow on the highway. Sure he had an exhaust and BOV, but that could have been it. The have a VERY small turbo, and that combined with AWD doesn't equate to a highway monster. Besides being good off the line, better upgrade the turbo if you want a fast highway car.

My NT 7thgen would stay dead even with them on the highway (jet chip, intake, exhaust). But then with turbo, they're a joke, I usally never touch 3rd either, leave it in 4th or 5th...

But yeah, nice kill anyway man, good to see you pulled even from the beginning.

00celicagts6spd 01-01-2004 11:28 PM

they lose alot of power with the awd transfer. I was really surprised from a stop though. he shoulda passed me easily. I have torque like a gocart so that doesnt really help me much. lol can't wait til I get my ecu upgrades so I can take on a turbo 7thgen. lol got beat last time. lol

MadWheel 01-01-2004 11:51 PM

lol yeah man the na torque is a lil iffy... what ecu upgrade u plannin on using?

98GSR-EPT 01-05-2004 04:06 AM

Sorry, but you don't win every race, man. Especially in a stock Cellica. So, I'm raising the flag.

MadWheel 01-05-2004 10:11 AM

I'm willing to bet his "stock" celica will beat your GSR. Unless you have turbo... Dude WRXs really aren't that fast on the highway. Unless you have viable evidence or proof to back up that "bs" statement, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and stop instigationg a flame war. That's not what this forum is about.

l00pb4k 01-05-2004 10:18 AM

Originally posted by MadWheel
Dude WRXs really aren't that fast on the highway.
That's true. WRX is based off their Rally racing technology so they pull like mad in the low end, gearing is set for lower speeds so they lose a lot in the power transfer to all 4 wheels on the highway.

00celicagts6spd 01-05-2004 11:38 AM

Originally posted by 98GSR-EPT

Sorry, but you don't win every race, man. Especially in a stock Cellica. So, I'm raising the flag.

I'm just gonna laugh at you. lol I've posted the track times I get including video to back it up. If you can't handle that then I'm sorry. :cool:

I am not stock any more cause I have an AEM CAI ;) and think about this, with a 2.0 60' a wrx will run about 14.2 in the 1/4. with a 2.2 60' I run 14.3 - 14.2 depending on if I use ice or not. lol so you tell me which car has more top end :)

MadWheel 01-05-2004 12:50 PM

See man, tangible proof. Got any yourself to back up your statement?

Blainestang 01-05-2004 03:16 PM

Think about it this way... once the AWD advantage is gone, it is 170whp/~2600lb vs. ~180whp/~3050lb car. Celi wins.

MadWheel 01-05-2004 03:48 PM

I know you're defending the Celica, but... The Celica has 180HP, the WRX is 227 I believe. but yes, in some way you are correct.

Its mechancial advantage and power to weight ration that give celicas the edge on the highway.

98GSR-EPT 01-05-2004 04:49 PM

I'm willing to bet his "stock" celica will beat your GSR.
lol

I love these kind of replies. Did I even mention my Integra? No. I'm sure he would beat me, but that is besides the point you moron. Please, next time you reply to one of my messages, read it correctly and see which car I'm talking about. I was talking about a WRX vs. a Celica... Not a Celica vs. an Integra. :_doh:

Celica guy, or whatever your username is:

Sorry, didn't know you had the intake. Nevermind.

Blainestang 01-05-2004 06:45 PM

I know you're defending the Celica, but... The Celica has 180HP, the WRX is 227 I believe. but yes, in some way you are correct.

Its mechancial advantage and power to weight ration that give celicas the edge on the highway.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that the Celi has a claimed 180 not 200. So, I would assume it puts down somewhere in the area of 155whp stock. Any Celi owner want to confirm that? I am pretty sure though that the WRX puts down only 180ish whp, give or take. Making it 155/2500 vs. 180/3050. So with these fairly accurate numbers:

Celi- .062

WRX- .059

Although not much different, it certainly shows the advantage going to the Celi. More specific dyno and weight numbers would yeild more accurate results, but it kinda gives you an idea.