Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/60-honda-civic-racing-drift-drag-autox-time-attack)
-   -   right wheel more powerful than left? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/60-honda-civic-racing-drift-drag-autox-time-attack/121992-right-wheel-more-powerful-than-left.html)

jwalker87 10-26-2003 04:15 PM

right wheel more powerful than left?

I was burning out today, and I noticed something really weird. When I burn out, I go to the right. One time I was holding the e-brake, and the car dragged to the right, even though the steering wheel was cranked to the left. I was like "oh, the brakes must be different". So later (actually that was yesterday, and this now is today), Im driving and I just do a mad burnout with no e-brake. You know, 5500 RPM and then drop the clutch. Anyway, it STILL pulled madly to the right, even though I probably had the wheel 90 degrees to the left. One of my friends (burnin out with me, hell yeah), said something about my car being one-wheel drive. I was like no, you're an idiot, but can you all tell me why I always pull to the right? Is it just that I have more tread on one wheel or what?

And by the way, I don't do this everyday. Me and 2 friends went to a car show and on the way back we decided to get crazy. Anyway, I'll shut up now.

4bangin 10-26-2003 04:22 PM

isnt it just because only one wheel moves or something becasue we dont have an lsd??? i dunno, just guessing here...anyone back this up at all or am i just crazy?

cambo 10-26-2003 04:22 PM

right wheel = forward motion
left wheel = reverse motion

cambo 10-26-2003 04:23 PM

Originally posted by 4bangin
isnt it just because only one wheel moves or something becasue we dont have an lsd??? i dunno, just guessing here...anyone back this up at all or am i just crazy?
correct. an LSD would fix this problem

4bangin 10-26-2003 04:27 PM

whoa, i was right. anyway, the left wheel is for reverse?? i never knew that.

jwalker87 10-26-2003 04:36 PM

wow. I guess LSD fixes everything :D

so when I'm accelerating, the right wheel's the only one doing the work? no wonder I spin so much...err, i mean...damn.

Would I see a considerable difference if I got an LSD and made it so that power goes to BOTH wheels no matter what direction I'm going?

Escaladeryder 10-26-2003 06:07 PM

were do you get the lsd

jiggerachi 10-26-2003 06:14 PM

Originally posted by Escaladeryder
were do you get the lsd
Go to a rave, im shure there will be a few peeps willing to hook you up. :D

StreetLevelPerformance 10-26-2003 06:49 PM

you can get a quaife lsd but they are expensive

WannaBFast 10-26-2003 07:32 PM

well depends.. they are expensive to install.. they require you to rip apart your tranny.. and grind down your spider gears... soo much work... and no info availible to rip apart the tranny yet...

jwalker87 10-26-2003 08:18 PM

wow. I guess i'll stick to right wheel drive

cambo 10-27-2003 12:02 AM

or you can swap a k20a with a lsd tranny.

then you wouldnt have the problem and NEED that LSD.

Eeeeeeh 10-27-2003 09:01 AM

How much is an LSD?? And wouldn't there be a big notice in power since BOTH wheels would be propelling the car?

00celicagts6spd 10-27-2003 10:09 AM

With an LSD you're biggest notice would be on cornering!!

What mods do you have to make you peg leg so bad since I havent seen any civics around here that are spinning that bad.

Dr5D 10-27-2003 10:28 AM

one wheel pulling harder then the other is normal for many cars. the other wheel still goes, but its not the same amount of power it seems, Im not sure about this whole LSD thing, I dont hink all thats nessacary. Back when my civic was stock I raced a 99 or 00 EX MT with a LSD and no other mods at the time and I beat him

CivicRookie 10-27-2003 12:30 PM

^ It's still a driver's race even if the other guy has an LSD.