Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   ***UPDATE W/ PAINT AND SEATS pics**** (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/98082-update-w-paint-seats-pics.html)

civicdude 06-13-2003 09:44 AM

Jay your crazy.....Thats too much to spend on seats.........Didnt you just get your interior done?

fraga 06-13-2003 09:47 AM

I'll keep my main comments to myself until I see the final product............however, as of now, it appears that there really isn't a scheme your going for. From what I've seen, you've got three things going on, and they really don't look like they go all together. But like I said, I won't know for sure until it's done.

gotti 06-13-2003 10:05 AM

I wont comment till I see the final product as well

All I gotta say is, I wish I had the same kinda cash flow that you and mndthegap have.

Good lord :_beer:

ImPulse 06-13-2003 10:13 AM

Originally posted by mndthegap1
its cool brother ive got a few tricks left too heres just one that my
wife is ordering tomorrow.... HHAHAAAHHHAAHA EAT THIS.... We talked about
it last night and we are getting them(2 of em)
this way the the gray on the outside black in the middle will match the rear
seat covers.....

STOP TELLING US WHAT YOUR TRICKS ARE, lol

surprise us!? :_doh: :rofl:

ImPulse 06-13-2003 10:14 AM

Originally posted by Gotti
All I gotta say is, I wish I had the same kinda cash flow that you and mndthegap have.

Good lord :_beer:

yea... im curious too :eek:

mndthegap1 06-13-2003 10:15 AM

civicdude yeah i had the custom seat covers in a month or so ago
but its time to step it up.... i cant have Tom with more stuff than me...hahhaahahha !
ill chill out after the summer then put it on hold. I just have a few more
things to do... the seats, and then finish my suspension eibach anti roll kit, and koni yellow shocks then the last thing i do before the summer ends
is a head light conversion and thats it till may 04' when i do a tail light conversion.

prototype 06-13-2003 10:28 AM

Originally posted by mndthegap1
civicdude yeah i had the custom seat covers in a month or so ago
but its time to step it up.... i cant have Tom with more stuff than me...hahhaahahha !
ill chill out after the summer then put it on hold. I just have a few more
things to do... the seats, and then finish my suspension eibach anti roll kit, and koni yellow shocks then the last thing i do before the summer ends
is a head light conversion and thats it till may 04' when i do a tail light conversion.

hey you smell that?

i smell bullshit

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mndthegap1 06-13-2003 10:35 AM

Tom its all good bro...
the more you push the more ill do !!!!

bullshit not really, by august 31st most of that stuff if not all
will be done. im not saying its happening by the end of the week
im just saying come august 31st there will be alot more

civicdude 06-13-2003 10:46 AM

I guess Jay and his wife will be living in the civic.....Hey its gotta be cheaper than the rent you pay lol

civicdude 06-13-2003 10:49 AM

Maybe ill get a job where you work, it obviously pays more.....You and Tom seem to be rolling in the dough.

mndthegap1 06-13-2003 10:52 AM

yeah 1300 rent + utilities is alot but hey price you pay
to live in long island.....
and im too big to live in the vic...... hahaahahahaaha

probabbly a house in a year, year and a half or townhouse.......
its a trade off my wife enjoys working on the car with me and spending some money
on it, but she gets a house or townhouse in a year to year and a half
thats a good deal ..

civicdude 06-13-2003 11:10 AM

Hey look its Cathy.........Hi Cathy.

civicdude 06-13-2003 11:19 AM

Im at work bored............I cant wait to see Jay's car and also Tom's car. Its times like this that I miss my civic.....

prototype 06-13-2003 11:28 AM

Originally posted by civicdude
Im at work bored............I cant wait to see Jay's car and also Tom's car. Its times like this that I miss my civic.....

DUDE ITS OK YOU GOTTA PRISM NOW.......I TOLD U NOT TO GET RID OF IT BUT YOU GOTTA DO WHAT U GPTTA DO....... :_doh:

civicdude 06-13-2003 11:35 AM

for the last time its not a prism, its a PRIZM. Spell it right grrrr. Im not upset I got the car I have now. This car runs 100% better than my civic ever did. The seats are more comfortable, it runs smooth, there are no creaks, leaks or anything other problems. Im glad I bought this car....I just miss my civic sometimes, especially when you guys talk about meets and shows and stuff....I miss that stuff. Maybe one day when i settle down and get a house and make something of my self I will get another car and fix it up but now I am happy with what I have.....

2k2civicRAY 06-13-2003 11:44 AM

I hope the finished product looks better than that does right now. I'm not feeling those flames at all or that red stripe or whatever it is on the hood. I do think the checker pattern looks cool. Other than that, just repaint it back to black.

CarbonFly 06-13-2003 12:04 PM

Originally posted by osofastsgrl
I dont understand why everyone is dissing on osofast2001's car and mndthegap1's. They both got original paint jobs and it is still clean! They are stepping it up a notch to compete with the big boys in major car shows.....i know this for a fact b/c osofast is my boyfriend and I see him everyday and mndthegap is my best friend and I see him all the time as well. I dont understand how you can talk down about these cars when I look at your pictures and I see stock looking cars....with just a body kit, rims and a drop......Its understandable if you dont like it but you have to give these 2 guys props for spending the time and hard earned money to paint their cars..... and to all you people with stock looking cars if you guys dont have the guts to come home with a sick paint job.....DONT critisize and dont be jeleous

these are the nicest looking civics I've ever seen......looks AWSOME Jay and Tom!!!!!!!!!!!

So nice to get flamed from someone who is a non-partial party.

I like osofast's car. I'm just busting his balls about it. He even said so himself that it looks pink.

Now mndthegap's car is a different story. I don't know what he is thinking. He needs to get a better painter also because just looking at the eyebrows you can see that the paint isn't even.

But we'll save final comments for the finished product. This is just preliminary skepticism.

speed werx 06-13-2003 12:18 PM

the paint reminds me of the cars i saw at shows in the 80s. need some teal and pink in it too.... hehe.. quality looks good on the paint tho

FALKEN 06-13-2003 12:33 PM

looks like good quality...not that great of a scheme...sorry, i dont like it

:shake:

VicCivic02 06-13-2003 12:40 PM

First off to all the people who said sh%t about mndthegaps' car I checked out your RIDES and almost fell off my chair and died of laughter. What beacuse he did something different to his car. Oh I forgot in order for your car to be "CLEAN" it shouldnt have graphics or be painted. Oh how innovative is that. The people with the "clean" cars have got nothing better to do than to flame the people who are doing innovative things to their car. Go figure. I dont understand why you cant give people credit for doing something. I have seen the car in person and it does looks HOT. Oh by the way since all you people flamed this paint job how many trophies did you get since your the expert on cars and knows what looks good???? I have one last thing to say to you :moon:

Fern 06-13-2003 12:43 PM

Yea the quality is lookin good. But umm the scheme sort of looks like when a 5 year old draws random thigns all over a paper. Is this where the scheme came from? :susp: Anyways, to each their own. I prefer a car with only one color. I dont even like two-tone jobs like the one's lexus comes stock with. However, I give ya credit for doign something out of the ordinary. :_beer:

Fern 06-13-2003 12:46 PM

"Oh by the way since all you people flamed this paint job how many trophies did you get since your the expert on cars and knows what looks good???? "

- Actually my father and I took home 20 trophies out of 25 events last year for our '68 Camaro. So I do know what time goes into these things. Thanks. :please:

CarbonFly 06-13-2003 12:48 PM

Originally posted by VicCivic02
First off to all the people who said sh%t about mndthegaps' car I checked out your RIDES and almost fell off my chair and died of laughter. What beacuse he did something different to his car. Oh I forgot in order for your car to be "CLEAN" it shouldnt have graphics or be painted. Oh how innovative is that. The people with the "clean" cars have got nothing better to do than to flame the people who are doing innovative things to their car. Go figure. I dont understand why you cant give people credit for doing something. I have seen the car in person and it does looks HOT. Oh by the way since all you people flamed this paint job how many trophies did you get since your the expert on cars and knows what looks good???? I have one last thing to say to you :moon:
hmmm.......so if we haven't spent as much money on our cars as someone else then we have no right to critique their ride? It doesn't take someone who has a fullly tricked out car to realize a disaster in the making.

He posted his ride up here to get comments (good and bad). Everyone is being civil except for ones like you who don't like some other people's critiques.

Where are pics of your ride so that we can see newbie.

What does winning trophies have to do with knowing what looks good and what doesn't?

Something tells me that VicCivic02 is the wife.

VicCivic02 06-13-2003 12:50 PM

Fern, besides you and four others at least your the only one who has the decency to give him credit for doing something out of the ordinary. Everyone has different tastes which is understandable but people shouldnt flame someone for doing something different...especially when know one knows how much money was put into the car.

Fern 06-13-2003 01:03 PM

Well no, nobody should flame, but he himself said he wanted to know what people thought, whether positive or negative. You can't please everyone, and besides if its your car than do whatever you want, but understand that not everyone is going to like it, thats jsut how it goes. Whether you spend $100 or $10,000, the cost isn't gonna make someone change their mind. But if you like it, great.

prototype 06-13-2003 01:06 PM

Originally posted by Fern
Well no, nobody should flame, but he himself said he wanted to know what people thought, whether positive or negative. You can't please everyone, and besides if its your car than do whatever you want, but understand that not everyone is going to like it, thats jsut how it goes. Whether you spend $100 or $10,000, the cost isn't gonna make someone change their mind. But if you like it, great.

yea good point.......i agree i think we should keep the flaming down to a minimum.......

VicCivic02 06-13-2003 01:10 PM

Yes I am the wife....we appreciate criticism good or bad and everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is not a matter of people disliking the color scheme. This is a matter of people total ripping into it. Saying you don't like the pattern or color scheme thats fine or saying you should have went with this idea instead of this. Contructive critiscm is one thing flaming is another. You call being civil ripping into the car???? There are ways to say things. So yeah you pissed off the WIFEY. And I already know the deal I will probably get flamed for saying this.

CarbonFly 06-13-2003 01:14 PM

Quite frankly I don't care if i pissed off the "WIFEY". I'm just calling it like how i see it. I"m not saying it's all mndthegap's fault. The painter also messed up on those eyebrows.

As I said before, I like the checkered door and the flames......BUT not the flames AND teh checker together.

Yes, he wants something custom, but when you get too much going it looks too busy and ends up looking like it does now.

It seems he couldn't pic a theme and went with both of them. More is not always better.

VicCivic02 06-13-2003 01:18 PM

Why couldnt you have said it like that in the first place instead of saying we are ruining the fvcking car.

CarbonFly 06-13-2003 01:19 PM

I didn't say you were at first.......I just said that he had better not ruin it.....cause i liked it before. I thought there was more to come.

But then osofast informed me that it was finished.