Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   svt engine in contour??? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/92268-svt-engine-contour.html)

R3DL1N3 05-08-2003 07:37 PM

svt engine in contour???

umm..ok, in car class today a guy i know said he was having problems with a battery light and some other shit and asked if our teacher could take a look. he brought it in, popped the hood. teacher took a look. this that. then someone asked him what kind of engine is that. well before he asked i had noticied it was a 24v dohc. then he replied "an svt engine"....

im like wtf?! i took a closer look...looked like a regular ass engine. i didnt say anything and i would like his statement either un-bullshitted or justified

speed werx 05-08-2003 07:48 PM

Re: svt engine in contour???

Originally posted by R3DL1N3
umm..ok, in car class today a guy i know said he was having problems with a battery light and some other shit and asked if our teacher could take a look. he brought it in, popped the hood. teacher took a look. this that. then someone asked him what kind of engine is that. well before he asked i had noticied it was a 24v dohc. then he replied "an svt engine"....

im like wtf?! i took a closer look...looked like a regular ass engine. i didnt say anything and i would like his statement either un-bullshitted or justified

Ford SVT did in fact make SVT contours for about 3 years i beleive, and cam in silver, maron, and green i think. so be verywell may have a SVT. it will have a skirt package and prolly say SVT in the gauge cluster.

R3DL1N3 05-08-2003 07:58 PM

1. no svt logo in guage cluster
2. i doubt hes got skirts

CivicMexicano 05-08-2003 08:19 PM

the svt came with OEM Body Kit, Five Spoke Wheels with the SVT logo, leather and a nice v6 engine....

CivicMexicano 05-08-2003 08:23 PM

unless he did a swap, but who would do a swap on a Contour??

white2K2EX 05-08-2003 08:28 PM

I think you would've noticed if it was an SVT. A friend of mine was going to buy one, so I've seen quite a few pics. I don't know about the skirts, but you should've noticed the SVT logos on the back and inside the car.

XTREME2K2CIVIC 05-08-2003 09:56 PM

Originally posted by CivicMexicano
unless he did a swap, but who would do a swap on a Contour??
Hey watch it man I used to own a contour....:please:

The way to spot a real SVT engine is a black manifold cover with an SVT plaque on it, and black valve covers...

BigDaddyHonda 05-09-2003 11:25 AM

Originally posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
Hey watch it man I used to own a contour....:please:

The way to spot a real SVT engine is a black manifold cover with an SVT plaque on it, and black valve covers...

Yeah, don't be fooled because the optional 2.5 V-6 had 24 valves but it wasn't the SVT engine.

XTREME2K2CIVIC 05-09-2003 11:35 AM

That is very true but the non-SVT V6 had a grey upper intake manifold and like I said before the SVT upper intake manifold was a gloss black..

keffin 05-09-2003 01:34 PM

my boy has a silver SVT contour...
slammed with 17's and badass ICE!

you could tell if its an SVT or not...
i believe it does say DOHC on the engine!

1hot01civic 05-09-2003 02:56 PM

SVT has a dual exhaust factory, while all others don't. You can tell the difference in them easily.